“Good steakhouse, great atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avu-Avu - CLOSED

Avu-Avu
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Cross street: Hotel Plaza Blvd
Description: Avu-Avu – Come together to a beautiful place that flourishes with a rushing waterfall, flowing river, and island decor for a magnificent "All You Can Eat" family-style tropical island dinner served right to your table. Enjoy a plentiful meal of island favorites as you watch our chefs prepare bountiful skewers of delectable grilled meats in our open display kitchen. Only then will you have experienced the Legend of the Avu-Avu Magic Feast. Open nightly, family friendly.
Lawrenceville, GA
“Good steakhouse, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Good food quality. Excellent steaks. Great atmosphere, including an open kitchen and a koi pond with a waterfall.

Visited November 2012

Edmonton, Canada
“Very Good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

In town for a conference and too lazy to take the hike to Downtown Disney or fork out $20-$30 for a cab-ride to an outside venue. The hotel was full to capacity due to the conference - I had no reservation and was seated immediately. Dining alone is never pleaseant and I was delighted with the exceptional service I received at the Outback - 'Paul' was fantastic with an true knowledge of the menu - I allowed him 'carte blanche' to choose my wine for dinner and ended up having a second glass. Ordered the sea scallops (blackened) with grilled asparagus with a side salad - in a word - WOW!! The scallops (5) were huge; skillfully cooked and with just the right amount of heat - asparagus was perfect with no chewy or stringy pieces - KUDOS to the chefs - have my share of experience cooking the same and wish I could achieve that level of excellence - well done!
This is a restaurant within a DisneyWorld resort so it is very expensive - because they can and I would give 5 stars if not for the price, overall I give the Outback a solid 'A'. Service = Outstanding; Food = Excellent; Price = Not for the un-educated traveller especially with kids in tow.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Canada
“Very dark in the restaurant for a reason...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had dinner in the Outback and we all found it very dark. We discovered why during our meal. The food was simply average but the prices were a little silly. My steak was cooked ok but again, for the price, you'd expect much better. The menu is uninventive and very standard. If you simply want to fill your belly, I suspect you'll be statisfied since the staff seemed to be friendly enough. Like the hotel it is located within, this place needs to be renovated.

Visited November 2012
Glendale
“Warm Pineapple Cobbler! Need I Write More?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

After a day of flying from Phoenix to Orlando, we checked in to our hotel and headed down for dinner. I was a bit apprehensive as I do not care for the Outback restaurant chain. Fortunately, this was not one of them. We ordered ceviche as an appetizer. My girlfriend said it was very good. I'm not a ceviche fan, so will take her word. I ordered the crab cakes and calamari as my entree. The crab cakes, slaw & sauce were very tasty. The calamari was cut a bit too large for my liking. My girlfriend ordered the red snapper. When she first cut into it, I thought it was chicken. It was so tough and hard, I had to saw through it to get a bite. The waitress replaced the dish with another, which was much better. As full as we were, I had to get dessert. It was a toss up between pineapple cobbler or a banana cake. The cobbler won out! It was a nice portion, enough for two, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Warm and sweet! I wish I'd had more room!

1 Thank Jill G
Kissimmee
“Great food bad poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had dinner at the Outback while in Orlando recently (November 19th, 2012). The steaks were very good, as were the sides. But, the price was much too high. Our server was not friendly at all we only saw him when he took our order and when he brought us the Tap. We saw the manager more than our server. I was not happy with the service at all for a 5 star restaurant.

• 1 of 5 bubbles