“vegetarian hell hole.”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Cross street: Hotel Plaza Blvd
Description: Avu-Avu – Come together to a beautiful place that flourishes with a rushing waterfall, flowing river, and island decor for a magnificent "All You Can Eat" family-style tropical island dinner served right to your table. Enjoy a plentiful meal of island favorites as you watch our chefs prepare bountiful skewers of delectable grilled meats in our open display kitchen. Only then will you have experienced the Legend of the Avu-Avu Magic Feast. Open nightly, family friendly.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Ambience was great, koi carp fish and cocktails to die for. I'd lost my voice and one of those strong cocktails gave it back. However we are vegetarian... now why i hear you ask are 2 vegetarians in a steak and fish restaurant? We were so tired, we'd been travelling 14 hours. The airplane food was disgusting (virgin atlantic) and I had facebooked the hotel and asked if the restaurant did vegetarian food... YES madam they assured me... we will do you something great. At the front desk of the restaurant I asked the girl... will you have vegetarian food... YES she said ask your server. The server was Luis. Luis must have had a bad day as he was the most miserable man I met in florida. We told him we were vegetarian... "pasta" he said just the one word.we looked at each other and thought well this is a top class place in america... I bet it will be great. It was the most horrible dish I have ever been served. Penne pasta tossed in a harsh garlic oil with a few bits of roast pepper on top. No sauce no cheese. I ate three pieces and pushed it away, my husband a diabetic ate a couple more but the taste was so bad... someone saw I wasn't eating.. He asked why and I said it was horrible so he brought me a baked potato which we shared half each, so dinner was half a potato and it was not cheap either. No one asked if we were ok, if the meal was ok, if we wanted anything else... we're nice people. We never make a fuss but the service at that place was disgusting and if you are vegetarian as 10% of the population are DO NOT GO THERE. We tipped.... maybe we shouldn't have. They didn't deserve it.

There are newer reviews for Avu-Avu

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I reviewed The Outback in my 5-star review of the Buena Vista Palace. Can't say enough good things about it. If you get the weekend getaway coupon for dinner there, use it!!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

They serve champagne by the glass! Bone in rib eye was so juicy and cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was nice and even though it was a busy restaurant, the service was great.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

You know the Outback routine. The service is good and the staff wonderful. Overlooking a nice lake. If you want to stay on property this is a good bet

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Arrived on a Monday evening after 7:30PM. Waited twice as long as originally told, which was especially difficult for my group (wheelchair guest and a 4 year old). But once we were seated our server and the food were surprisingly amazing. Food was delivered hot and fresh. Drinks were always refilled. A great experience.