“Friendly staff, beautiful facilities and great location.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Buena Vista-Orlando
Ranked #91 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Dublin, OH
“Friendly staff, beautiful facilities and great location.”
Reviewed December 1, 2009

The staff was very friendly and greeted us on arrival. Our room was very clean and comfortable. There were computers available for my teens to access the internet. We were very near a variety of restaurants, gas stations, the freeway and Disney theme parks. We were in close range to three outlet malls. The staff provided a pre-printed Google map to our destination (using side roads and avoiding traffic). The complimentary breakfast had a good selection including make-your-own waffles, eggs, bacon/sausage, cereals, muffins/breads and several beverage options.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank morrison1191

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I just came back like 2 days ago from ORLANDO - FLORIDA, I have been planning this trip for more than 4 months ... Have been going back and forth to many different sites to find the best rate offer, I was down to 10 hotel... This hotel was not one of my choice, reason being that there's no pictures, and no rating at all since it's a very new hotel. Don't really trust anything that doesn't have any review or pictures.

Close to maybe 2 week prior to my vacation, the pictures from this hotel is finally posted on most of the major websites, ie: Expedia, Travelocity, sell off vacation, etc...

Rates on their main web page was $89.00 with smoking rooms available. On Expedia, they have a lower rate but smoking room is not guarantee, so I decided to call them to book it and see what kind of rate they can give me.

The lady on the phone was very nice and patient, she offered me a Studio King Size bed with smoking for only $69.00. I wanted a one bedroom, but with that rate, Studio it is. Later I found out that we also get the follow: FREE BREAKFAST FROM MON - SUN, FREE PARKING, FREE WIFI IN THE ROOM, FREE INTERNET IN THE LOBBY, FREE SHUTTLE BUS TO DISNEY, FREE DINNER MON - THUR.

I've read a lot of other review about this hotel. Everyone seems to complaint about the breakfast. To be honest with you, I think they've improve. Who ever said the table was dirty, blah blah blah blah blah and that they don't refill the food, stuff like that. I have no problem with any of that. The tables might not be cleaned right away after people leave, but there's only 2 people working and what do you guys really expect? This is only a 3 star hotel, and this is FREE... if you want a better service ... then why don't you visit a 5 star and pay 6 times as much? I am sure they can do better... but with the rate that we are paying and with free breakfast? this is not bad at all ... IT'S a GREATTTTT hotel... Dinners are not the best... I mean if you have kids.... they would love the food and the service... but if you are looking for a full meal and stuff... they are just not for you ... but I've eaten there like twice... and the taste are not bad at all ... just not the kind of food that I would want to eat on a vacation.

PEOPLE! DON'T EXPECT YOU GET RIBS AND STEAK FOR THE RATE OF $69.00 A NIGHT WITH FREE BREAKFAST/DINNER OFFER....

I have to admit that the location is not the best though, or let's just say that if you are not planning to rent a car to go around, don't stay at this hotel. Since this is a new hotel, it's basically located somewhere far in the woods (I'm guessing there's going to be more things build around it at a later time) but for now, you'll see no cars, malls, shopping center, restaurant, in a walking distant. There's no restaurant in this hotel either... so if you don't have a car... don't stay at this hotel...

Shuttle bus service is not the greatest either... here are the schedule going to 8:05, 10:20, 12:25 and pick up times are 5:30, 7:30, 9:45. If you miss the bus... it's a two hour wait in between. Plus, this shuttle bus ONLY takes to you EPCOT... but if you are planning to go to other parks, you can exchange buses at EPCOT.... Taking a taxi will cost you $25-30 from EPCOT.

P.S When I checked in to the hotel, we didn't get a studio, we got a deluxe one bedroom king size bed. WE GOT UPGRADED !!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Booooorin
Sarasota, Fl
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Within the last 6 weeks we have stayed there 3 times with another trip planned in December. It is a very clean hotel with spacious rooms. The breakfast is a nice as well. The employees are very helpful. We go to Disney frequently and plan on always staying at this hotel. We have stayed at many, many different hotels since we got our passes to Disney World 8 years ago, and finally found one we LOVE! Much bigger and much nicer than Disney moderate resort with a Disney value resort price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank mccordck
Connecticut
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Picking this hotel was a great choice. I enjoyed staying there. I walked into the room (studio) and was taken aback. It was very calming, I hate lots of multi-colored stuff especially bedding, but this was just the way I like it. They even had a flat screen tv. Most hotels don't they have those dino tv from 1910. The bathroom was huge and I mean huge. The breakfast was delicious that was served every morning from 7-10, the only bad thing is they need a bigger breakfast area where they put the food for you to self serve. Unfortunately I did not take any photos (lol). But I will be staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank kary84
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed here for a week while visiting our daughter who is currently working for Disney and stays at The Commons on the other side of the I4. The hotel was ideal for us. Although at check in we were disappointed our booked room (a King Bed Suite) wasn't available, the substitute suite with 2 Queen beds was very acceptable. Rooms were very modern with a fully equipped kitchen and sofa bed in the sitting room and en suite off the bedroom. Maid service excellent and the room was spotless. In room safe very roomy and easy to operate. We enjoyed the breakfast each morning - fruit juice, cereal, toast, muffins, bagels, preserves, cream cheese, eggs, bacon or sausages, most days hash browns, fruit (apples, oranges & bananas) and our favourite - waffles. Didn't try the Manager's Reception. Particularly liked the card entry system that let you in to the room and also the leisure areas and extra doors from the car park. Several lifts round the hotel also made room access easy. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ballerfan2
haarlemmermeer
Reviewed October 25, 2009

new hotel next to I-4 exit #68, but no noise from freeway noticeable. Had quick and friendly early check in. As typical for Homewood Suites, open lobby connects to breakfast resp. social hour area. Disney desk available. Hotel has several elevators which connect to your suites with 2 lcd-tv's offering lots of channels including 5 free HBO's ! Suites very new, clean and roomy. Our 1bedroom suite offered 2queens and a small kitchen with a large fridge/freezer unit, microwave and 2-pit oven. All kitchen utilities available. Our pool view was limited. Breakfast was sufficiant and plentyful and the social hour offered from monday until thursday is unbeatable making it an extraordinary added value: food, beer and wine offered with a personal touch of friendly staff. Pool is not heated and very cold. Hot tub is available and has a nice waterfall touch.
For the Walmart-Supercenter turn right, straight ahead for approx 3,5 miles. For restaurants turn left, straight ahaead for approx. 1mile and for Downtown Disney approx 2miles. You can walk to the restaurants e.g. TGI Friday within half an hour and to Downtown Disney within an hour. Taxi back from Downtown Disney was $ 10 including tip. Many hotels in the area, just compare thru their internet sites and you may find the Homewood Suites as a real bargain. Would always stay here again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank griswolds09
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Well, I stayed in their sister property the other night (Hilton Garden Inn) and they got 2 stars. This property was worse.

I made a reservation for a 1 bedroom suite. Now, I may not know the exact definition of a bedroom or suite, but previous experiences lead me to believe there would be a separation, like a wall, between the bedroom and living area. What I got was an oversized hotel room, more like a studio at that. Biggest gripe was the location of the TV. From its position (and limited (due to mount) turning ability), there is not a clear view from either the bed or the couch.

Service at checkin was terrible. I wont even bother you with my rant.

The breakfast has limited hours (6:30-9:30) so get up early and get their early! I went down at 9am and everything was nearly gone. Nothing looked fresh or appealing (pics attached). Just powdered eggs. home potatoes, and some sausage patties that looked like they have been out since 6am. They were out of juice; only water and coffee. I took about 10 bites and left. Luckily it is free; I would never have paid for it. No service either. As with the sister property - no one spoke to me all.

Final peeve was the lack of hot water. It was warm but I like a nice hot shower. If hot water is your thing then get up early for that too because you may not have it if you are lazy like me at 9:30.

Not the best property in the Hilton chain. WiFi was free as is the parking (although the wired internet in the room did not work).

NOTE TO ATT CUSTOMERS: Really bad coverage at this property. If making calls and using your phone (like an iphone) are important - go elsewhere. Never a good signal and often it went out completely.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo