“Good value, clean enough but worn out”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Buena Vista-Orlando
Ranked #95 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our stay here was due to our preferred hotel being booked on our vacation date (Hilton Grand Vacation Suites at Sea World, which I like to stay at because I like to cook on vacation). It should be noted that this is less expensive than HGVSSW, and is smaller overall. This hotel has a kitchenette, but not a full kitchen (only two burners, no oven, a dishwasher, a full sized fridge and a microwave and place settings for four people as well as only a five quart pot, 1 quart pot, and fry pan). So, overall, the kitchenette is not as fully equipped as the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites, which has everything I could need, including washer and dryer in the room and broom and mop, etc. But the people who work here are great. I needed a colander and they lent me one from the kitchen, for example. But I prefer a bigger kitchen.
Also, the room was clean but is looking threadbare. The curtain has stains. The loveseat has stains. The cabinets have worn and chipped laminate. The extra blankets for the pullout sofa bead are frayed. The DVD did not work until the maintenance guy came and played with it...he said the cords were old. So if you like everything brand new, this is not the place for you. This stuff did not bother me, because despite being old, the place was clean. There is a notice under the door that says that the water will be shut off tomorrow midday (when I will be at Disney-world so that will not affect me) Again, I chalk it up to being old and needing more maintenance than a new place.
The other thing worth mentioning is there are a lot of free extra things similar style hotels do not have. Free breakfast, free dinner Mon-Thur., free parking, free limited shuttle to Epcot. It is about a mile from a lot of restaurants and a grocery story and about two miles to the entrance to the Disney parks. It is a very convenient location. There is a decent heated but small outdoor pool and $2 laundry with $2 dry.
I would prefer to stay at Hilton Grand Vacation Suites at Sea World, which costs more but has a bigger room overall and a bigger kitchen, as well as newer furnishings. But if I wanted to save money in the future, or if I could not get a room at HGVSSW I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We have a room facing the pool and it is quiet. I would imagine that rooms facing the highway are ve...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Searching4simplicity
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Buena Vista-Orlando

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I often visit Orlando and we typically stay at the Springhill Suites (by Marriott) when we visit. This time we chose Homewood Suites because of the price and were not disappointed. The cleanliness and amentities offered at this particular Homewood Suites was wonderful. The only thing I wish the bathroom had was a bathtub vs. just a shower.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
2  Thank Steve K
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Homewood Suites LBV was my husband and I's home base while celebrating our 1-year anniversary in Orlando. Having cancelled our original vacation plans due to weather issues at our original desination, we booked this hotel last minute and was able to snag a studio room. Prior to arrival we were nervous about the size of the studio but were pleasantly surprised upon walking into our room. The studio room was very spacious and perfect for the two of us. Very clean and modern, great size closet and large bathroom.

Besides being a beautiful facility in a great location (close to Disney entrance, and many resturants), the staff is really what made our stay top notch. Lovely at the front desk is truly a gem. She was very friendly and even arranged for a surprise and sweet note in the room to acknowledge it was our anniversary. Everytime we passed by the lobby she provided a kind smile and hello and addressed any concerns we had.

The gentleman who cleaned the tables at breakfast (didn't catch his name), was not only helpful but very kind. Always acknowledged my husband and I and went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed.

The hotel is a great value. Free breakfast, Managers Reception in the evenings Mon-Thurs (complimentary food, beer and wine), free parking and no resort fee. Close to Disney but far enough away.

The hotel had a decent size fitness room with large windows overlooking the pool. It was disappointing only one treadmill was working but it appears the two broken machines were being fixed the day we left. My husband and I still got a great workout using the free weights and just walking/jogging around the perimeter of the building.

We used the laundry facilities halfway through our trip. Quick machines- had all 3 of our loads done within an hour and half. $2.00 for wash, $2.00 for dryer (accepts quarters)

We had a great time and there are really only 3 cons for the trip. Not deal breakers for us, but might be for some:
- The bed is very firm. Our bed at home is a pillowtop so we were not very comfortable and didn't sleep as well as we could have
- Breakfast is chaos. Very busy with lots of families and often time the food ran out. Although the staff tried to keep up with replenishing, there were several times you had to wait 10-15 minutes for it to be restocked. BUT it is complimentary so beggers can't be choosers ;)
- The manager's reception food left a lot to be desired. It was very bland. But once again, it is at no cost to you. We simply opted to eat elsewhere

Thank you LBV Homewood Suites for a great stay

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Corinne S
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I want to thank everyone at home wood, you made my stay at your hotel very warmly.
Rooms are nice and clean,sofa bed,tv,kitchenette and large fridge in my room I loved it.
Very good breakfast I ate there every morning.
I will stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Second time staying at this hotel. I am now a repeat custiemr for this facility. Very nice, clean hotel with a nice pool. Request an inside room to avoid the interstate highway noise on the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My 4 nights stay in this hotel was with mixed events & feelings. Nice, spacious rooms. Clean and well maintained. My housekeeper was very nice. The reception desk Carrie (or Connie – sorry forgot her name) was very, very helpful and changed my room from 717 which was noisy due to some machine next door and freeway traffic close by.
She was the only one nice person at the reception. All guys, incl. Renee Rowe (Manager) were rude, unprofessional and not forthcoming. As Gold HH member I asked to have a late check-out, at 4pm. Two guys at different time frames did not even ask me if I am HH eligible. They simply told me room is available but I will be charged the full night stay. This is unacceptable.
Breakfast was good, various and the older man (employee) helping around breakfast was very nice, superb helpful and cheerful.
Though on the information page on the refrigerator stated that dining was open until 10pm, not even one time I could catch food, when I came back from work after 8:45pm. Again, guys at the reception desk just shrugged and said “no food anymore”.
I will not stay in this specific property again.

Room Tip: Avoid room close to elevator and all nr x17 - very noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HighMikko
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were a party of 3 adults and 2 children and the hotel was a good price, especially with the daily breakfast and 4 times a week snack/dinner included. I have no complaints about the accommodations, 2 room suite had 2 queens and a sofabed in the other room, 2 TVs, kitchenette and large fridge. All ok in the room, ceiling fan was a welcome alternative to air conditioning (in November). Our room overlooked the pool, so there was no noise from the Interstate which is adjacent to the property.

Location was a good, a short drive to most of what you want for vacationing in Orlando, but I did miss being able to walk to a restaurant and have a few beers with my dinner, which is what I normally do at least one night of an Orlando vacation. From this hotel there is absolutely nothing at all within walking distance.

Breakfast was OK, but quite a limited selection, and there was never any bacon. Afternoon snack was nice. The pool is small, but in a nice setting, heated, with a nice spa. Seems to be a bit nicer than many comparable properties in this area. Gym was good too.

I will recommend this hotel, but personally I think I will stay next time somewhere that has at least a couple of restaurants/shops nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family