“Clean, nice pool, and spacious”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Buena Vista-Orlando
Ranked #97 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights during a Disney World vacation. The price was just right for what we received. The breakfast got a little tiring after so many days of the same thing, but can't ask for too much as it was included with the room. It took us about 6 minutes to drive from the hotel to Downtown Disney. Be sure to watch your speed as the police watch this road for speeders and will give you a ticket. It is close to a McDonalds for picking up a late night snack on the way back to the hotel.

Room Tip: The 7th floor has windows where you can watch the Epcot fireworks in the distance.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank off2wdw4fun

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast and dinner with complimentary wine and beer was a pleasant surprise. We had forgotten toothpaste and wanted to buy some from the hotel's "pantry." They were temporarily out of toothpaste and kindly asked our room number so they could let us know when they had restocked it for purchase. The very next morning there were two toothbrush and toothpaste packages hangin from our door. Not to mention, it was complimentary because they had ran out when we needed it. The staff goes above and beyond, the amenities are many and you will feel at home in this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Laceywe
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked several rooms here for my daughter's volleyball team and the parents. We stayed for five nights and would definitely book it again. It's hard to find a hotel that everybody likes but this is one of the few times that several parents commented on how much they liked the hotel and more importantly, nobody had any negative comments. We had one minor problem with a slow draining toilet. I mentioned it to the front desk when we went down for breakfast and the toilet was fixed by the time we finished breakfast. I travel quite a bit and spend a lot of time in hotels, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael N
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here Pre Disney trip. I was skeptical at first, but the property was amazing!! I had never stayed at this chain by Hilton, but I most definitely will be in the future!! The front desk service was very prompt & courteous. Our room was very specious & very clean. Since it was raining we spent a lot of time in our room, but that didn't matter since the kids had their own Tv & we did also. Property was centrally located to eating & entertainment. Breakfast was great and the evening meal was too. Huge plus to see wine & beef offered in the evening at NO CHARGE. Perfect!! Will definitely be utilizing this chain by Hilton again in the very near future!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank MMcDonald829
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The room we had was a 2 double 1bedroom suit ,That part was really good a nice size . We stayed at this place for 5 nights. House keeping IS SOSO when they came had to ask 3 nights at of 5 for towels cause the lady did not come , They have a great pool witch they share with the Hilton garden next door. They don't have enough lounge chair. so be ready to go to the pool area early . The BREAKFAST IS TERRIBLE every thing is cold and not very tasty . lots of greasy items either cold or over cooked The FREE MANAGER'S RECEPTION well That was pity full. AND IM PUTTING IT LIGHTLY , I've been to several home wood suites i'm a platinum member this has never happened always top notch quality food and service. THIS MAN WHO WORKED AT THE BREAKFAST WAS SO RUDE HIS NAME WAS EDDY. I JUST ASKED IF A COULD HAVE A BAG TO GO, TO PUT MY YOGURT IN CAUSE THAT WAS THE ONLY GOOD THING TO EAT AT BREAKFAST AND HE RESPONDED NOOOOO AND SMIRKED , THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE EVER GO HERE AGAIN . AND AT THE PRICE WE PAYED $145 we cane go somewhere else

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Britny M
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel and was disappointed. They advertise a shuttle but when you get there you realize it is a shared shuttle between several hotels into WDW. You have a kitchen but not any way to get food if you don't have a car. There are not any restaurants within walking distance either. Also, the WDW shuttle has only a few drop off and pick up times. We would have saved $ on transportation if we would have just stayed in the park. There is a small pool but it is shared with the neighboring Hilton Garden Inn so it is crowded.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Flowergirl2
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband & I and three children ages 11,6 & 7 stayed here for a week(6/8-6/14) for our Disney trip.It was nice to have extra space and a full kitchen however we did not use the stove or dishwasher but the full fridge/freezer was nice to utilize for our snacks & drinks. We would freeze our water bottles the night before and our water would stay nice and cold until mid afternoon at the parks.
Beds were comfortable & clean. Sofa bed mattress was very thin and I did not think my 11year old would be comfortable but she did not complain. I do not think it would be comfy for and adult. Linens were clean upon arrival however when they were changed upon my request on the 3rd day I did notice some linens & towels were a little dingy NOT dirty but dingy (I think if they look like that they should be thrown away and replaced)
Upon arrival the room appeared clean however the bathroom & dresser drawers were dusty and had hair in them. I cleaned them out and used paper towels to line them before putting our belongings in them.It did not appear that housekeeping vacuumed,swept or mopped our entire stay.The floors in and outside of elevators were not cleaned regularly either(one morning there was a sticky spill outside the main elevator when we left early in the morning & it was still there when we arrived back at the hotel late that evening.
Breakfast was decent for about 2 days then you do not want it anymore because its repetitive. I have read complaints about a worker being rude during breakfast hours. I experienced that myself I said hello twice to this man & then a 3rd to see if he was for real and he totally ignored me,I also heard him actually reprimand a guest for not understanding how to use the cereal dispenser. The manager really needs to discuss proper etiquette to him or find another position for him because no one deserves to start their morning with that kind of disrespect however there is
another gentleman who works during this time also & he works his tail off and he is so super nice and deserves a raise ; )
The pool was nice.The hot tub when we stayed smelled and looked very dirty.I wish there was designated smoking area enforced also.It is awful when you do not smoke and to have to sit around it and walk through it.
The hotel is right off I-4 and Disney is one exit from the hotel makes for a great location!
There are several restaurants around the hotel to choose from.
Despite minor quirks I would stay here again! I referred my sister and she booked for her upcoming trip. It is a nice hotel & staff members other than that one I mentioned were very nice.

Room Tip: The hotel is right off I-4 our room was on the same side as the interstate my family was not bother...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family