“Loved the Hard Rock”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin
“Loved the Hard Rock”
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I stayed in the Hard Rock from June 23rd to June 28th 2007. I have to say it really was a lovely place and the best hotel for us (me and my 15 year old brother). Although the interior in the lobby is a little dark, it didn't really bother us that much. As it was 8pm when we checked in there was no queue so it took like 5 mins. We were in room 6080 with a view of the garden which I was happy with. Originally I had wanted a pool view but sometimes the parties go on late there so garden view turned out best. I thought the room overall was perfect. The beds were really comfortable and the bathroom was decent size. I loved the bigger sink outside the bathroom. Was perfect for me getting ready to go out while my brother was in the shower or vice versa. Plus the housekeeping were excellent - we were very messy! The watertaxis were an added bonus after a long day at the park but it really was only a 5 min walk if you wanted to. My brother loved looking at all the gecko's along the way - he really wanted to catch one but he couldn't manage it. We ate in the kitchen most mornings for breakfast and it was good but a little overpriced I felt but with no car we had no other option! We took the bus to seaworld which was good and a taxi back and we also took the bus to busch gardens which was good. The only real disappointment was the pool. Granted its great for little ones but they really could have made it a little deeper. Its great that you can lie there and have the water lap over you but with a hotel that has a lot of teenagers they really could have made some of it deep enough to swim in! Also I didn't like that the only bottled water you could buy in the hotel shop was some figi bottle that for like 500mls was $6.00. I don't know why they did that. Overall was a great trip and would definitly return. Well worth the money €1080 for 5 nights - loved the express pass priviliges - went on all coasters 5 times in a row!

• Liked — The comfortable beds and size of rooms
  • Disliked — The depth of the pool
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank irishgal82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alberta
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I researched alot of properties before picking the Hard Rock to stay at. We stayed in a deluxe room and it was comfortable and the maids cleaned outstanding! This is a great place for families (we brought 2 sons -ages 15 and 18) music blares constantly, which we loved, there is lots of music memorability all over. You use your room key to bypass the regular lines at Universal and Island of Adventure, which is worth the pricey room in itself! All the restaurants onsite are great.
One thing I should mention, though. When we checked in, on a Thursday night at 7 pm, there was a live band playing in the huge lobby area(The Knack - very cool) so it was extremely loud to try to talk to the front desk people. We had to yell.
But the staff walks around singing and dancing and everyone was so happy! It was a great vacation!

• Liked — clean and roomy
  • Disliked — sheets on the bed
2 Thank theboogs
Granite Falls, NC
Reviewed July 7, 2007

This was our second trip to the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando. I guess the second time was definetly better for us. Our first trip wasn't great but we decided to give them another try. It was much better. Housekeeping was not good the first time we went, but was prompt and did a great job this time. We had a great time going to events at the pool. Concierge was always helpful and our check-in couldn't have went smoother. I am very happy we gave them another chance.

The only things I would complain about is the 12 dollars a day they charge you to park in there lot. I think at the price you pay to stay there you should be able to park for free. Also I wouldn't reccommend eating breakfast at the Kitchen. It is not worth the price. The food was ok, but was way overpriced.

Overall things were good and we had an excellent trip.

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — 12 dollars a day for Parking!!!
Atlanta
Reviewed July 4, 2007

We stayed at the Hard Rock July 1 - 3 and had a great time. This hotel is the closest on-site property to Universal Studios. You can either use the complimentary boat to get to the parks or you can walk to Universal. The boat ride is cool for the kids but it is closer to Universal if you walk. There is a sidewalk that takes you literally to the front gates. When you take the boat it drops you off near CityWalk. As far as the room goes it was nice. I would compare it to a Nice Hilton property. The room alone is not worth the $200 plus dollars a night that it will cost you but what is worth its weight in gold is the Express Pass that lets you skip the regular lines. The pool area is awesome as it has a fantastic slide for the kids. We opted for the valet parking as it is 18 dollars a night compared to 12 dollars for self parking. It was nice to pull up to the hotel and have the bell service guys take your luggage and park your car. This is first class service. If you are like me and were debating whether to stay at the Hard Rock vs Royal Pacific because of some reviews that I read about the Royal Pacific being an older hotel, I would not worry about that. I did not visit the Royal Pacific hotel, but we did not spend much time in our rooms at all. I could have saved about 50 dollars a night had I stayed at the Royal Pacific. All in all I was very impressed with the Hard Rock. The only complaint that I have is that the beds in the room were very hard and uncomfortable. I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I was not impressed with the beds. I thought that a hotel that was charging 200 plus dollars a night would have an exceptional bed.

• Disliked — The beds
3 Thank jkbrown19
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed July 3, 2007

We just returned from the HardRock Hotel in Orlando. We had such a good time. I couldn't believe how friendly the people that worked there was. Everyone including all the workers greated us with a smile at all times. Everyone seamed to love their jobs and it showed. Even one of the bartenders said it was a great company to work for. I stayed on the 7th floor which you needed your room key to get to that floor. There was a club room with drinks and snacks, tv and chairs where you can sit and relax. I like that a lot. We stayed in room 7124 which had the perfect center view of the pool. The room was very nice and modern, with a flat screen tv, ipod doc, dvd player, play station, computer with keyboard. The decor was so hip. But who even needed any of that when you could go out to the beautiful pool where they had it set up like a beach, I thought I was on an island somewhere. They had the music going. The activities was fun. I even won the hoola hoop contest for adults. But the best was taking the water taxi to Universal, Island of Adventure and City Walk. You could even walk it is 5 mins to everything. I loved the fast pass that made it all worth the money. You don't have to wait in the long lines just show your room key and you go through another way.
The first thing you should do is buy the neckalace that holds the fast pass for $5 it is worth it...just put it around your neck and you don't have to worry about digging for the key and it also makes a great souvinour. I also liked the fact that you can use the facilities at the other two hotels. One day we went to one and the other day we went to the other and stayed at the pool and ate. I am so glad I picked hard rock because I like the music going they even had speakers under water. The water wasn't deep at all though. The slide was the best. I can go on and on. I loved this vacation and I am a picky traveler. We ate at the Bob Marley restaurant. The food was excellent. The only thing I didn't like which had nothing to do with hardrock, is that after 9:00 pm you couldn't take the kids out to dinner because all of the restaurants turn into night clubs and they wouldn't let us in unless you are 21 and over which sucked because we wanted to stay at the parks until closing and then get dinner but we were stopped at the door. I thought this was suppose to be a kid friendly place.

We didn't eat at any of the restaurant on site because we bought the meal deal at the park where you can eat at participatating restaurants. It is limited on what you can eat but it was worth it.

• Liked — The conceirge floor 7
  • Disliked — I loved everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Caribbeantravelqueen
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 2, 2007

The Hard Rock is a pricey hotel, but well worth it. The room was beautiful, with alot of ammenities. We enjoyed eating iin the Kitchen restaurant at the hotel. The food again was pricey but worth it. We loved the water taxi over to the parks and city walk. The automatic fast pass showing your room key was worth the price of the hotel itself.In 95degree temperatures, the five minute wait just for staying at the hotel was wonderful. I wish Disney would do the same. We also liked the memorabilia everywhere.

• Liked — The great memorbilia and getting the fast pass
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 2, 2007

After spending 9 nights in a sub-standard timeshare we finished up our trip with one night at the Hard Rock in Orlando. What a pleasure. The accomodations were clean and nicely decorated. The pool was fantastic. The kids loved the slide and the underwater sound system. Not to mention the games and activities organized by pool staff. I was able to get a late checkout and spent the whole day by the pool before we had to leave for an 8pm flight. We did not do Universal or Islands of Adventure but if you stay at this hotel you get to go to the front of the lines at all attractions. I would definitly stay again!

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — price
2 Thank Freddie6