Stayed at HRH from 8/16 to 8/23/06. Me, husband & three children ages, 15, 13 & 12. We stayed in a club level room. Everyday had breakfast in Club Lounge, saved time & money. Fresh Fruit, bagels, muffins, cereals, pastries, drinks. Snacks throughout day available. Dinner had three hot items & cut veggies, wine, beer & soft drinks. Late night desserts snacks & drinks, mini canolli, brownies, blondies, etc. You save so much money. We ate lunch out but for the most part the offerings in the lounge were fine for us. Everyday we would each get a bottle of water before heading out. In the parks you will pay between 1.69 & 2.50 per bottle. We would get more water when we stopped in during the day and again at night.
We also saved money at the parks restaurants and shops by using our AAA card for a 10% discount. Even when we went to lunch outside of Wet N Wild the restaurants gave us the AAA discount.
We arrived on 8/16 at about 12:00 and our room wasn't ready but they let us go up to the club lounge. Cold drinks and snacks. The consierge made a call and within 15 minutes we were able to go to our room.
We made reservations for the 5 of us and there were only two queen beds in the room. We were told at check in that they only have 3 rooms that have the sleeper sofa and we would have to pay $25.00 per night for the cot. I complained that we booked the room for 5 and should have a room that sleeps 5. I contacted my travel agent at Liberty Travel and they contacted the hotel and made sure we did not have to pay the additional money.
I would only go to Universal & IOA if I stayed on site or bought the express pass. We rarely if ever had to wait in lines. The most would be 10 minutes. Some rides would say the wait was 40 minutes, and we just showed our room key and you are shown a separate entrance and get to the front of the lines. This also worked for us at City Walk. We went to Margaritaville and there was a 45 minute wait for a table. I showed our room key and they said they would cut the time in half for us. We sat within 15 minutes.
We had the tickets for Universal, IOA, Wet N Wild and Sea World. My favorite ride was Men in Black in Universal, my husband and son loved Spiderman at IOA. My girls' favorite ride was the Mummy. Shows were great. You also had preferred seating showing your room key. Loved Fear Factor which we saw the first day. Thankfully we saw it then since it closed after that until Halloween.
Our rooms were always clean and ready for us when we returned around 4:00 for a break. Turn down service also was nice, getting clean towels, and little gifts for the kids at night.
We usually just walked back and forth to the parks from the hotel. Less than 6 minute walk. We took the boat a couple times, since it was right there. If we had to wait we just walked instead.
There was a free shuttle from the hotel to Wet N Wild 10 minute ride and to Seaworld about 20 minutes. We took a cab back from Wet N Wild since the return shuttle was later than we wanted. It cost just $6.00 for the 5 of us.
One last thing. My husband loves Pink Floyd. Hard Rock Live had a group playing in concert Pink Floyd's albums. He loved taking our son to his first rock concert. It was really a treat for them both.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel