OK....First off.....I am not one of those "5 star" hotel people.......I normally only fork over that amount of money when I am visiting foriegn countries. But, even with the all-inclusive major hotel chains in the vicinity of Universal-----the Hard Rock cannot be beat.
First and foremost is the Express Pass Key Card----that is included, no charge, if you stay in one of the Universal Orlando properties (there are 3 total). There were a total of 6 of us on this trip (myself, my wife, 20 y/o daughter, 11 y/o son, and twin 9 y/o girls.....the normal in-park price, for 2-park express pass is $70/each......so, the Express Pass paid for the room (in fact, the express pass exceeded the cost of the room----GOVT RATE). So, even if the hotel had problems (which, it didn't), the express pass would make up for it. No waiting at all, on any of the rides. Saw both parks----including several rides x2, x3, in about 7.5 hours.....and, the parks were packed.
Now, onto the hotel. Typical Lowe's property.....stafff very friendly. Services for both guests with families, and guests without. Food is pricy (lunch for the 6 of us was $90...but, the best burger I have ever had). Velvet is a must, after a long day in the park. The pool is just perfect......heated to 80+ degrees, and a cool slide....TVs, music, sandy beach and just fun!
The rooms are a little worn out from such heavy use (we had a kids suite).....but, I was still very satisfied.
There are much less expensive properties, nearby. But, if you have the money, and want to be close to Universal (and City Walk), and have head-of-the-line, save up your money for Hard Rock. You will not be disappointed. We will return, yearly, for our Hard Rock Xmas Vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel