“Love it! Clean, great pool. I always stay here!”

Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Ranked #45 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
US
“Love it! Clean, great pool. I always stay here!”
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I have stayed here many times and will continue to do so! Very comfortable.

Pros:
- Clean!
- Large room, comfy beds
- PERFECT location
- Fabulous pool area with slide

Cons:
- a little noisy. The family next to us was crazy! They would play CD's so loud and yell at the kids all night. Oh well =) Hasn't happened before.

You can walk to Universal, City Walk, and Islands of Adventure all within 5-7 minutes. Amazing pool area. If you want a poolside snack, I suggest ordering a kids meal off the menu. It's big enough and only $5.00. Great little bar inside the hotel with a balcony. Good shop with some trendy things (L.a.m.b., Edun, ect...) I tried the room service late one night and it was a huge amount of food and they got my special requests right. =) Great service.

It's fun to go down to CityWalk at night as you can just walk (or stumble) back safely. There is a kareoke place with a stage and back-up singers and everything. It was really fun after a few drinks. Also Bob Marley's is nice and of course Margaritaville. There is also a Starbucks.

Wait for a bargain then book right away! (FL residents get really great deals...)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed August 12, 2009

A few tips:

If you are going to either Universal park, be sure to get room keys for each member of your group...up to five. These keys allow you to use the Express Pass lane on many of the rides and attractions.

If you are disabled, you might want to rent an electric scooter (ECV) from the hotel, this way you can use it to get back and forth to the parks as well as around the City Walk area. You can enter rides and attractions through the Express Pass lane in the parks.

When you eat in "The Kitchen" restaurant, be sure to get a Parking Pass to save yourself the cost of the daily parking fee! The wait staff is very friendly and helpful!

The swimming pool is wonderful!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tchrmom93
Glasgow
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I travel to Orlando Florida most years with my family for the theme parks, this has got to be the best hotel. Close to the parks, you get a free express pass with your room card, there is a fun atmostphere and the staff are so friendly and helpful! definately worth the price you pay i would recommend to anyone going for a fun family holiday.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mcbrad
Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We took a family trip to Universal Orlando/Buena Vista for 4th of July weekend. I believe we checked into Hard Rock on the 5th, As we were at the Orlando Marriott World Center Resort July 3rd & 4th (Also did review for World Center)

anyway, I found the hard rock to be awesome, the music décor was rockin, haha.
The lobby has a museum type feel to it.
Bad [--] ice cream shop on site.
Could see fire works from pool.
It is literally a 1 min walk down a privet path to City Walk/Parks.

Recommended Food:
-Hard Rock Café
-NASCAR Café
-Wimpy’s Hamburgers (Located In IOA - Popeye Theme)
-Mythos Restaurant (Located In IOA - Full Service - Amazing Building)

This Hotel is more for Families with teens & Young Adults, Deff not for Grandma & Gramps.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We just got back from a seven night stay and were quite pleased. Yeah, there's a few things that could have been better, but all in all, a great experience. Our biggest positive experience was staying on the 7th floor and having access to the Club. We traveled with three children, two of whom are teenagers, and found it totally worth our money. We all had breakfast each morning (a huge selection of a continental breakfast). Every day, all day the club was open for sodas and waters (a huge savings for us). We grabbed a few waters each morning before going out to the parks. From noontime on there were granola bars and small bags of salty snacks. The evening hors douvres were the best...very heary appetizers and a nice seleciton of beer and wine for two hours. Late night dessert was good too. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the wonderrful staff in the Club Level lounge....they go out of their way to please. Totally a money saver if you have kids who like to eat!! Our biggest complaint was housekeeping. We had to get demanding an yell a little bit to get them to come at a decent time. The first two nights housekeeping didn't get there til 7pm. We were waiting for towels to take a second shower, and had to go get them ourselves...very frustrating. The other complaint was the price of the drinks. Mixed drinks at the pool START AT $11...just crazy. I do have to say that management was fantastic when approched with a problem, though. We had the unfortuate situation of being next door to a group of young men in a band, and when they came in at 2:30 am, and decided to talk and play music until 4:45 security was great, and acted immediately the two times I called them. And when we let hotel mgmt know how unsatisfied we were with housekeeping, we were given complimentary breakfast tickets to breakfast in the kitchen (Fantastic restaraunt). Also, we did feel that $9.95/day for internet access was steep (although it is free from the lobby) Don't hesitate to stay here!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BostonCin
London, UK
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I stayed here with my 13 yr old daughter as a trendy place for her to experience. I found the reception staff not very welcoming, certainly not compared to other hotels I have stayed in in USA. Our room was ok but nothing special, not very 5* but not bad either. The main problems I had with it were it seemed "agadoo-ish" (think cheap holiday in Spain with stupid pool games and a bit club 18-30) The pool was very crowded and they had "singers" which I have to say were absolutely terrible. I'm all for loud music when it's good but when it sounds like a cat being strangled I'd rather pass!! We also had problems with our room which was noisy for other reasons, dogs in nearby rooms barking, "funny" people knocking on our door for a "joke" @ 1am etc. All in all I found it awful. That said when I complained to the tour operator and asked to move the hotel manager was very accommodating and offered us a room change but by that time we'd had eneough. We moved to the Portofino which was fantasic and much much better, we had a room upgrade for our inconvenience (they are both part of the Lowes group) and a lovely stay there. Top food, lovely room and generally a relaxed feel after a day at the parks. Potofino is in a different league to the hard rock and so say both of us!!!

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank Lola21London_UK
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 7, 2009

If you plan to go to Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure, stay at one of the 3 onsite hotels. Park and Citywalk access is amazing. You can walk to Universal in 5 minutes from the Hard Rock.

The resort is big but easy to navigate. Check in is great -- my kids each got an inflatable guitar.

The room was average-sized but nicely furnished, clean and had a good vibe to it.

We only ate at the grab and go place in the hotel pool level. That worked for breakfast ice cream.

The pool and its slide are great. It's not deep anywhere, but it's warm, big and relaxing, with one side covered in sand, the other near the outside bar/restaurant.

I wish self-parking was free but that's my only complaint.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family