“Overnight stay”

Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Ranked #41 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 7, 2005

A beautfiul hotel to stay in. Service was great. I hadn't pre-booked, the desk was helpful and told me to call reservations to see if I could get a cheaper rate. Parking is cheap $7 a day. A walk through the garden connects you to Universal Studio's and City walk or you could catch a shuttle. The restaurant was pricey but good food. Seems like a great place to take kids.
Pool was awesome. Enjoyed the buffet breakfast, lots of choices to eat.
From cooked to continental. Only downer I had a 2 inch cockroach walking around the room. However, the hotel was quick to deal with it and very apologetic. Didn't milk it because this is Florida and you get bugs in this climate. I would stay there again. I liked the rock music theme.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank hongihika
Write a ReviewReviews (9,099)

Reviewed June 2, 2005

My husband, two sons (ages 11 and 9), and I stayed at the Hard Rock recently, from May 19th through May 23rd. I was a little apprehensive because of some of the reviews I had read here concerning service and room conditions, but I must say just about everything was great. Our room, which was in the garden-view category, was clean and spacious. As a matter of fact, we had a lot more room at the Hard Rock than we had when we stayed at Disney Wilderness Lodge a few years ago. The front desk was courteous. The pool was great. While the prices at the on-site eating establishments were on the high side, they were not out of line for what one expects to pay at a resort. I did not feel like we were being gouged. However, there were a couple of negatives. On one day, we returned to the hotel around 3:00 p.m. after several hours at Universal and our room still had not been cleaned. Given that May is not exactly the busiest time in Orlando, I found this a bit difficult to understand. Also, on the Saturday we were there, it appeared that a number of the cabanas by the pool had been rented to host local kids' birthday parties. The pool was quite crowded and every single beach chair was either claimed or occupied. Every other day at the pool was fine. The best reason to stay at the Hard Rock, though, is to get the express privileges at Universal. We saved several hours of "waiting in line" time and got to ride all rides we wanted, some more than once.

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank MPI57
Reviewed May 16, 2005

This is a nice hotel with a great pool, nice rooms, good location, and easy parking. However, the front desk can put a damper on your stay from the moment you check in. I had read reviews prior to booking a room here and read that some folks had had problems getting their rooms billed appropriately. I had the same trouble. I wanted to leave the room charges on the card with which I had booked the room, but I did not physically have the card when I checked in. It was with my wife who was meeting me there. So I had to give them another card to use until my wife arrived. When she arrived, I was assured that the charges would be taken from my card and put onto hers. Of course, this didn't happen. It took several calls and emails to get it done after we returned and got our statement from our credit card company. This put a damper on our stay and really left a bad taste for us. Also, we had charges on our bill when we checked out that were not correct. If you stay here, make sure you check your bill before you leave.

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank HensleyKodak
Reviewed May 11, 2005

We stayed at the Hard Rock over Mothers Day weekend for three nights. Overall, it was alot of fun. The pool was fun and clean, and had a slide. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed at the club level, which was only OK. The concierge staff were extremely nice, but the offerings were limited compared to other concierge offerings we have experienced at (gasp) Disney. We really missed having a balcony, or even windows that open. The restaurants (the kitchen and the beach club) were good enough, though the service was painfully slow. All in all, this hotel is very nice, and resort-like, and warranted some time spent at the hotel. However, even at the discounted rate of $249/night for club level rooms, it was a bit steep for what we got.

4  Thank lemstar
Reviewed May 10, 2005

I stayed at this hotel on Halloween weekend for HHN. The hotel was wonderful, service was good at the front desk, room was large and comfterable. I had stayed in this hotel not long after 9/11, and i was a little shocked to see the differeenc in the bedding for the same floor, same garden view room catagory. Last time the room had numerous pillows on each bed, a down feather comfter, and a mini fridge in every room. This time however the beds had standard lumpy hotel pilows, and the regular hotel bedding. What happened? Also they now charge for the minifeidge in the room. Bedding asside, I would like to compelment the hotel on its security. THeir was a group of people having a rather large pary at 3am in the room down form ours, i called the frotn deks..and they inforemd me it would be taken care of, it was rather fast. They kicked the poeple out of the hotel! ;) The pool is great, maidservice is top notch, and the food is extremely good for a buffet brekfast. Allthough id wait for a sale price on the room its a little pricy for me.

• Stayed: October 2004
3  Thank rymorse
A TripAdvisor Member
new york
Reviewed May 8, 2005

We stayed 3 nites with a group from work. Non stop party. I had the Rolling Stones suite and it was very nice to come back to the Hotel at 3am and order room service and contiue partying. Pool is great .Location close to City Walk and the parks.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2005

"Does what it says on the tin". The hotel is good, very good if you're going to Universal Studios because you get an express pass to beat the queues. Everything clinically clean and fine, though if youre coming with a girlfriend etc. forget it, not at all romantic or characterful. But for everyone else, fine.

• Stayed: May 2005