When I asked my son what he wanted to do for his 18th birthday, he said he wanted to go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. As a surprise, I made reservations at the Hard Rock for 10/3 - 10/5. He was thrilled. Our room was ready when we checked in and the front desk gave my son a b-day bag at check-in with some goodies. Thanks! He loved the pop-rocks.
A balloon bouquet was suppose to be in the room so I went to check with Shannon at the concierge desk. By the time I got back to the room, the balloons had arrived -- with candy!
Room 6082 was clean and bonus - at the end of the hall so it was 1) quiet and 2) had two windows instead of one. Only issue with the room, the phones didn't work when we got there but Harold arrived in about 30 mins. to repair.
Sat. a.m. we ate at the Kitchen buffet breakfast which is everything you could want to eat and reasonably priced. Sat. was spent around the pool - my favorite way to relax. The pool and slide were not crowded this time of year but the water was a little chilly...for me. The kids, the other one is 13, stayed busy shooting pool and playing ping pong.
Sat. night was HHN. We've never been before but we had a lot of fun and plan to go back next year.
Sun a.m. was spent at IOA and then we had lunch at the Kitchen. We shared the BBQ pizza, a Philly cheese steak and BBQ ribs. Yum. After a couple more hours hanging around the pool, it was time to head back to Tampa. All in all, we agreed it was one of our best trips, albeit short, and wanted to go back ASAP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel