“not so great”

GreenLeadersBronze level
rochester ny
“not so great”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The hotel is nice enough but we had a huge problem with the luggage holding area. Our room was not ready which was not an issue. We went into the park and our first stop was the Hard Rock Café, where we bought a tee shirt and a necklace totaling $56.00. Rather than carry it around all day we went back to the hotel and asked for it to be put into my suitcase. The man who took my purchase said of course no problem I remember you.. The next day we checked out and headed to Port Canaveral for a cruise. When our luggage arrived at our cabin and we unpacked I noticed that the bag with the tee shirt was not there. Obviously it was put in the wrong suitcase. There was nothing I could do until after the cruise and while at Orlando airport I called the hotel and explained what happened. I was assured I'd receive a call in 20 minutes or less. Nothing.. back home in NY I called again, and was told I'd hear from them in 24 hours. Again nothing. I called 2 days later and asked to speak to a manager who insisted I fill out a claim form online, print it scan it and email it back. What? A lot of work for a guest who just paid $700.00 for one nights stay. By then It was the principal of the matter not the $56.00. I was so frustrated by then the manager said he'd review the security tape and IF I was correct he'd mail me a check in 4 to 6 weeks! Are you kidding me? I did nothing wrong his hotel staff did why should I wait so long for my money? I'll not be staying there again in October when we visit Orlando again..

Room Tip: We had no view except of a roof so no idea of a good room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovestotravel91

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We can't say enough nice things about the hotel, service, amenities offered here. We stayed on 7th floor club level and that was a fantastic value for all that is offered to guests on that level. We splurged and rented a poolside cabana one day, a little pricey but we felt like royalty and enjoyed the experience. The courtesy bike taxi (tips only) and the boat taxi (no fee) were great for rides to the park entrances. The free express passes as guests and the early entry into Harry Potter were priceless as we experienced no lines, anywhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

1 Thank Janet W
HardRockHotelOrlando, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando! While every guest at the Hard Rock receives world-class service from our awesome team, the best way to get the full Rock Star treatment is joining us up on the 7th floor Rock Royalty Level! We are delighted to hear that your experience was so positive! Thank you again for your kind comments, Rock On!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have now stayed at all 4 resorts.
This was my 5th time staying at the Hard Rock at Universal. (Twice so far this year) Love the high energy atmosphere! Love the down to earth people! Love the music! Love the rooms! Love the pool and the Beach Bar! And love the fact that when the Cabana forgot to load some of our groceries, the Hard Rock stepped it up and the valet manager personally went over to pick them up and delivered them to our room!
If you don't like listening to music all day, I would probably find another place to stay. If you like a fun, party-like atmosphere, this is the place!
Thank you once again for a wonderful stay! Hope to see you again real soon!

Room Tip: I prefer pool view. But really doesn't matter, you'll be spending most of your day sitting b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, and thank you for the Rockin' review! We love to hear about such positive experiences with our team! We look forward to seeing you back again soon, we'll keep the party going for you! Rock On!
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I booked this hotel as a "surprise" for my wife for our trip to Orlando which was to be a celebration for me in completing my first marathon & rest and relaxation for my wife who has been unwell for 3 Years.

I am a Hard Rock Rewards Member but on arrival I was supposed to be on a low floor but ended up being put on a high floor. I wasn't informed until I got home back in the UK that I had been actually been upgraded & I had a surprise of Strawberries & champagne that was supposed to be in the room waiting for me on arrival but as I was put in a different room at check-in, I had to come out of my room, go down to concierge, who then phoned another department, then go back to my room, which was something I shouldn't have to have done whilst on holiday.

I have since been reimbursed an amount for the inconvenience & been left with a number to contact the hotel if ever I'm in Orlando again but this was our one & only holiday of the year & we cannot afford another big holiday & don't think I would stay here again, out of principle, as they didn't meet expectations.

I also notice that I cannot leave comments on the Facebook page.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul T
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had a wonderful weekend get away with family and friends at the Hard Rock. The hotel staff were great, Lauren Freeman at the front desk was extremely helpful and answered all of our questions during check-in and the waiters at the pool bar were always there when we needed another round of drinks. There was endless entertainment at the pool for kids of all ages from the water slide, to the DJ playing great music, and the movies in the pool in the evening. Thanks to the Hard Rock for a wonderful weekend get away, we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, and thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled our Rock Star team provided you with awesome service. As you said there is always something to do at the Rock, especially out by the pool. We look forward to having you back. Rock On!
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We are annual passholders to Universal Studios Orlando and stay on-site several times a year. Although we love all the properties for their unique offerings, we prefer the Hard Rock for the pool and the location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

1 Thank g8ralum24
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando! Each of the hotels at the Universal Orlando Resort absolutely have their own personalities, but the Hard Rock is the only place where you will receive Rock Star service while being completely immersed in music! We can't wait to welcome you back to the band!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Just back from 1 night stay at the Hard Rock and it was the best night sleep I've had the beds are so comfy. The location is perfect for the parks and the free past pass is worth the cost of the 1 night stay. Rooms are nice and clean. Staff were ok nothing special but the only thing hard rock about this hotel is the name!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family