Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
$181
$157
$161
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
$227
$207
  • Pool
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$135
Agoda.com
$314
$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Orbitz.com
$615
$458
Hotels.com
9,450 results
All reviewsexpress passcity walkwater taxirock royaltyrock starclub levelvelvet barrock musicpalm restaurantislands of adventurefast passharry potterboth parkskids suiteroom keypool areaearly access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2008

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel as a treat for our 15 year old son - and we rather liked the idea of staying in a cool rock place too!
Tropical Storm Fay had just passed by so the weather wasn't great although the day we arrived there was a large screen in the lobby showing Red Hot Chilli Peppers in concert and also an area with soem poolside games to keep people entertained.

We arrived at lunchtime, checked in and then went to the park while we waited for our room. We were able to use our room keycard as a fast pass and got to walk on and off most of the rides. Last trip we didn't even get close to the big rides due to the length of the queues.

The walk to the parks is very pleasant, not too far and there are rickshaw rides for the way back if required.

The room was spotless, and had lots of extras like an mp3 system, widescreen TV and my favourite a fancy coffee maker. There were some strange hazlenut coffee capsules on the tray when we arrived which were quickly swapped for regular coffee when I spoke to housekeeping. Apparently they had recently changed to the hazlenut ones but most guests preferred the regular ones(???) The beds were very comfortable and the air con almost silent. Towels and toiletries were luxurious and plentiful. I would have preferred not to have the tubular cushions on the bed as my youngest found them to be great jousting tools! They had to be hidden in the wardrobe most of the time.

Unfortunately we had quite a lot of rain in the evenings so didn't get to experience the poolside entertainment. We ate twice in The Kitchen which was extremely good. I had spicy chicken salad one night which came in a collander! It was delicious. My husband who was carrying out a study in steak - he ate so many during the trip said his Rib Eye was one of the best he had had.
The waitor was the same both times and was fantastic. He was funny, polite and a great ambassador for the hotel.

We also took advantage of the kids Club (L'il Camp Rock) so our 5 year old could play with other kids. It was very quiet and there were only four kids there but he had a great time. The staff were very pleasant and made sure he got to try out a variation of activities. At $15 an hour it wasn't cheap but by then we needed some time to enjoy a meal on our own.

One evening we sat and listened to a local band in the lobby as it was too wet outdoors. They were very good and our 15 year old bought their CD, getting it signed by the band.

We love rock music and I particularly loved having what I would call decent music everywhere I went. I spent a long time just wandering around the hotel looking at all the photos and memorabilia. I loved having Starbucks coffee available so I could enjoy a dolce latte on an evening.

The Velvet Sessions bar was very luxurious. We didn't actually sit in there but went in for drinks and then sat out in the lobby. It was easy to imagine being some big rock star in there.

The pool - what we saw of it, was perfect for young families. Both my sons enjoyed it. My youngest was able to play in the whole pool without a life vest as he could touch the bottom at all times. On the last day they had poolside games and everyone joined in. The music playing throughout is not too loud but at a pleasant level ( not loud enough for my 15 year old though!)

Every member of staff we encountered was polite and very helpful. One morning I had problems connecting my i pod touch to the free wireless in the lobby. A member of staff helped me to do this immediately.

In all we had a wonderful stay and wished it had been longer.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gaila88
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Upon arrival to the hotel, my first impressions were good having been checked in by super friendly staff. The rooms are a good size, although the bath was very small, infact my shower tray at home is bigger!

The pool was excellent and the kitchen restaurant was fantastic often providing free character meals in the evening which you would ordinarily have to pay for in the parks. The breakfast was especially good in the kitchen.

The fast pass that automatically comes wth your room key proved invaluable at the parks allowing the whole family to by- pass queues that were sometimes 45 mins long.

My only dissapointment with the hotel was the noise of drunken guests returning in the early hours of the morning to their rooms presumably from City Walk. As a result of reporting the noise the following day, I was transfered to another room, unfortunately the noise was even worse in this room.

On the whole I would recommend this hotel, however take ear plugs!

Reviewed August 25, 2008

On the whole we enjoyed our week's stay, but one or two hiccups along the way...
Room was not ready on check-in, although this seemed a regular thing. Housekeeping standards were very average and our room went uncleaned one day.
However saying that, the pool area is great fun, if a little crowded at times, and the fact that you are 5 mins walk to Studios and Islands was priceless!
And don't forget the fast-pass advantage is magic when you are faced with 70-80 minute queues!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2008

I stayed at the Hard Rock for 2 nights. The first night was only a little noisy. The second night we had loud drunks in the hallway from 2-3:30 am. I called the desk and security finally came but said they saw nothing. Upon check out I reminded them of this but was offered no compensation at all. It is a pretty hotel and very cool if you or your kids are into rock music, but be prepared for noise while your trying to sleep. Emack & Bolios ice cream parlor and snack place is VERY overpriced!! We got 2 bagels with butter and the bill was over $7.00! No drinks in that price. The pool is very nice. They boast a very big water slide. The water slide is very long, but not very high. Great location to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. The express pass benefit of staying onsite can't be beat. I would try either Royal Pacific or Portifino Bay if you want a decent nights sleep.

Reviewed August 22, 2008

We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel for 10 nights in August and had an excellent time. We had a Pool View room and was excellent and had two double beds which were really comfortable and spacious. My parents had a larger room (King Suite) next door with dining table and seating area which was also great. However there were a few annoying features of the rooms. In both of the rooms, there was only a bedside table on one side of the bed and the bath was tiny (our parent's room didn't even have a bath, only a shower).

When we arrived at the hotel, the valet and parking attendants were really nice and by the end of our stay they knew our names. We were greeted by a really nice girl at the reception who was very efficient and there were no problems with our room and we could go straight up to it. We were on the Club Level which meant we had breakfast and hors d'ouevres included. They were really tasty and you didn't have to go out and eat elsewhere if you didn't want to. The concierge were really helpful in the Club Lounge and could easily get you places for dinner at restaurants throughout Universal. You need your room key to get to the floor so make sure you have it on you at all times otherwise you need to go to reception and get a new one.

The major bonus of the Hard Rock Hotel are the room keys. They allow you to skip the queues as many times as you want. It meant we were able to finish both parks in under four hours having done most rides at least twice.

For us the housekeeping was good but we did hear people moaning about them in the lounge. We were opposite a closet where they kept a lot of the cleaning stuff so we were first on their list to do. However if you do ask them to come back later make sure you ring housekeeping to make sure they do come back.

We didn't eat at the Kitchen but the Palm was incredible, the most delicious steaks I've ever tasted and was well worth going but was expensive. We went three times in five days because we enjoyed it so much.

The pool and beach bar were good but probably the weakest part of the hotel. The pool was ridiculously shallow and the water level was below waist height most of the time. The water slide was good and surprisingly quick. However the pool was really busy during the weekends and there was bairly enough standing room for everyone. The entertainment was great and there was a really good DJ most of the time.

We really enjoyed the Hard Rock Hotel and if we ever come to Orlando again we will definetly stay there again.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)