“Great hotel and service!”

Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Ranked #39 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fantastic, fun experience. Rooms were great. Loved having two sinks. Well-lit room. It's pricey, but convenient to Universal and Island of Adventure. Water Taxi and pool were excellent. I'd stay there again. Great for teens!

1  Thank Marie K
Write a ReviewReviews (9,308)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

If you plan to go there to get any rest, forget it. Liked the free fast pass for the rides at Universal; but I had no sleep the 3 nights I was there. Walls are paper thin and music was loud. Was there for a conference and the staff taking care of us with food, etc. were EXCELLENT. I just would not recommend it if you want any sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sara J
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed recently with my wife and two children. We stayed in a club room on the seventh floor. We live in the area and this was a little stay cation for the kids spring break. The hotel has a great location and this along with the line pass for the attractions would make me stay here again. However, the hotel itself would not entice me to return. The staff was fantastic. Everyone from the bell stand to the club lounge was great. However, the front desk staff was a little cold and unfriendly. This could be a result of what appeared to me to be working short staffed. I never saw more then 2 or 3 (and usually 2) people working the front desk at any time. At times the line was quite long. I needed to ask a question and waited approximately 15 minutes. Even when I called down to the desk from my room, I was put on an extended wait. This, to me, is quite unacceptable. The pool area is nice with sand and live music. The club ( or as they call it Rock Royalty Level" had very nice offerings. A decent continental breakfast in the morning and a very nice assortment of adult beverages in the evening. The lounge itself was dated and in need of paint and carpet. It was a little small for the amount of rooms being served, Also it is decorated with hard plastic chairs. This is not very comfortable, but maybe that is the point and they don't want you to loiter. The lounge is allegedly reserved for those who pay for the benefit. But I was never asked for my card showing that I had paid by any staff member. I also saw, on several occasions, people riding up in the elevator, without an access card, getting off on the 7th floor, helping themselves to whatever they wanted, and getting back on the elevator o return to another floor. This is also not acceptable to me. If they extended the benefit to those staying on another floor, then why would their room keys not enable the elevator. These little details make the possibility of my return slight, at best. Our room was nice, but also a little dirty and in need of repair. It is not that the housekeeping staff did not do their jobs, they were awesome, its just that the place is dated. Of course the memorabilia was great and again, the proximity to the parks is wonderful. Overall an average experience, for an above average price point.

Overall nice place
The room smelled musty and moldy. We couldn't change the room b/c it was sold out...they cleaned the carpet and thee air conditioning unit. We got comped breakfast due to the inconvenience

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here over Thanksgiving week of 2013. We had stayed here 4 years before that and loved it. It has declined a lot since then. We came in late and check in was no problem. We were sent to room and noticed immediately how dirty the hall carpet, walls and baseboards were on the way to our room.

We got to our room and found that it was not much better. The bathroom had mold around baseboards and dry rot near the tub. There was rust all around the fixtures in the bathroom. The shower curtain was dirty and stains all throughout the room on the carpet. The room had a funky smell to it that later we found a half full beer can tipped over under one of the beds.

The kids enjoyed the pool with a sand volleyball court, slide and movie night in the pool. The service was awful at the poolside bar. We went there three times because the kids wanted to swim and each time was worse than the one before. The breakfast buffet has a lot of offerings, but nothing special.

I did write a complaint to the hotel about our expieriences and never heard back so that is why I am writing it here. We will never return to this hotel and possible to any other Hard Rock hotels after this visit. We were disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kunks5
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Beautiful Hotel, a little on the older side in the hallways. Rooms could use a few upgrades, dusty and not the cleanest. Cot was loud, small and not comfortable. Beds are a little too hard. Our room was right in front of the cleaning staff's room so at 8:45 it was really loud with carts banging the doors and staff talking loudly. Convenient 5 minute walk to Universal Studios. Be prepared to tip at this hotel. I like how they always have taxi's available and waiting. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

As always with Hard Rock's if you get in the spirit they are good fun and this one is no exception. The best thing about the hotel is the location. You can walk to the studios along a nice riverwalk in under ten minutes or there is a water taxi which is every few minutes and is good fun.

Breakfast is a big buffet and not the best, food was always a bit cold and the service let down the place.

There are some drawbacks. Firstly, you are massively paying for the location. The rooms aren't great and not soundproofed and if you have the chav family next door (like we did) you get to here every argument as it unfolds. Secondly, the water in the rooms is undrinkable and bottles of water at the Hotel shop are six dollars for a 1/2 pint bottle. Finally, the pool is really nice but if you come back from the park at around 4pm you have no chance of getting a sunbed and at this price point not really good enough.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't have an adjoining door