We have stayed at all three onsite universal properties and next year will return to the Hard Rock over the Portifino and the Royal Pacific. The Hard Rock is the closest to the parks and is a nice walk - although you could take the water taxi or the bike taxis if you'd prefer. We were a party of 7 with 2 adults and 5 teens. Had 2 rooms adjoining with the pool view. Worked out great since 2 were girls and 3 boys. Nice to have separation. The beds were extremely comfortable - more so than I have experienced in a long time. The walls are VERY thin and I am beginning to wonder if that is a Lowes issue since we have experienced that at many of the locations. Bring ear plugs and a small can for white noise. We heard a group of girls getting ready in room above. Heard the blow dryers going even. There is also an issue with the bathrooms where the door to the lavatory just misses the toilet. Beware to not catch your leg between the two when shutting the bathroom door. However there is n additional sink in there and is does help with a group of girls.
Food options are ok. All are expensive but they can charge what they want. There is a shop on the first floor for drinks and snacks. Nothing substantial except pizza. Had take out from The Kitchen. They forgot my salad dressing and condiments for our hamburger -- so much for qui led than room service.
There was a movie by the pool on Saturday and I had read it could be loud. Our room was located on other end of pool and it didn't bother us. However if you want an early night Saturday night, ask for room furthest away from that action.
I visited the spa while there. It is located at the Portifino - services all the 3 onsite hotels. It is a further walk away from the park area- not bad- but after a pedicure can get tricky. I did find the technicians very professional and accommodating. Would recommend a visit there . The pools at the Portifino are very nice too.
The hotels Are expensive but don't expect the Ritz. There are many groups that stay here and it can be loud and busy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel