Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
$157
Hilton.com
$161
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$227
$207
Travelocity
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Hotwire.com
$615
$458
Hotels.com
9,450 results
All reviewsexpress passcity walkwater taxirock royaltyrock starclub levelvelvet barrock musicpalm restaurantislands of adventurefast passharry potterboth parkskids suiteroom keypool areaearly access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel is so conveniently located nearby Universal theme parks. You could take just a very short walk through the nicely designed garden or just jump on one of the water taxi runs between the hotels and the city walk.

I definitely LOVE that the room keys work as unlimited express pass at the theme parks which allowed me to skip the line for my favorite rides as many times as I wish until I got headache on the roller coasters during my stay. My name and stay duration was printed on the room key made it a perfect souvenir for the trip. Like other Hard Rock hotels, there are lots of memorabilia for fans to admire.

The check in line was very long and it took me more than 10 minutes to be able to reach the front desk. However, the staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and gave me a lot of insider information. I paid a little extra for a stunning view of the pool which I think it worth every cent. The room is also very spacious with all the facilities you may need. The beds were soft but not a problem for me but my partner prefferred a harder one.The minibar was locked and the hotel requires you to put down extra money for the access. There is no casino in this Hard Rock Hotel but why you need to waste time on those slots machine when you could really enjoy the parks and the pool.

The pool of Hard Rock Universal Orlando is probably one of the best hotel pools I have ever experienced. There is an artificial send beach where you could soak up the sun and get a really nice tan while sipping a refreshing cocktail from the beach club. While I was there, the pool staff led some activates to keep some kids busy.

I would definitely stay there again if I visit Orlando. It is a perfect hotel which consistently keeps me entertained. LOVE IT!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OscarBarry
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We arrived late at night to be greeted by a very unique scene, a rock band playing a set in the hotel lobby. It was something of a shock to the system having spent the previous week in the serenity of one of Disney's Deluxe properties!!! This really summed up our stay and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Of course the main reason we decided to stay here for a couple of nights was for the location and it's benefits. A nice walk through the gardens takes you to Universal Studios, or you can catch a complimentary boat or pay to be cycled there in a carriage. Having an unlimited Express Pass and early entry into Islands of Adventure was a massive bonus and saved us invaluable time during our stay. In fact, I wish we could've kept the passes for future visits, they were that good!!! In addition, you are on the doorstep of Citywalk's restaurants and entertainment, aswell as the other hotel's bars and restaurants.

Check-in was quick despite difficulties in communicating above the music and we had no issues with staff throughout. The pool facilities were great, with beaches, slides, bars and of course cool music(bands also played here too). It was very busy but we found a couple of loungers no problem. The room itself was comfortable with everything you needed for a couple of night's stay. They even played rock and roll music throughout the corridors(away from the bedrooms) which was unique.

Overall, I was glad we chose to pay the extra(and it is pricey) to stay for a couple of nights and would recommend to anyone who is planning to spend a few days visiting the Universal Studios Resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adamdellboy
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Awesome stay as usual! Hard Rock Hotel continues to be one of the best rockin' places around. There wasn't a stone unturned when it comes to their service and the friendliness of their employees. My family will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the HRH Universal Orlando. It was the perfect atmosphere for our "tween" aged kids. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location is great. It is an easy walk to the retaurants and both theme parks. The free Express Passes when staying on site are a great perk. The pool area is very nice, with the option to order food and drinks from your lounge chair. We upgraded to the roomier deluxe 2-queen room plus sleeper sofa since we have three kids, and were happy we did since we had a lot more space (we booked with an Annual Pass discount, so the rate was not quite so high). I am rating this hotel 4 stars instead of 5 because I think the parking fee (surface lot, self-parking) of $18 per night is too high; and they do not have a mini-fridges in each room for guest use. I'm not looking to eat meals in the hotel room, but it is really nice to be able to keep cold drinks and snacks in the room. They even charge you for the Keurig coffee packets in the room if you use them, as well as Wifi. Disney deluxe hotels are also expensive, however they do provide a mini-fridge, free coffee in the rooms, and free self-parking (and maybe even free wifi now?). The Express Passes from HRH were really great, though, since we visited during spring break and lines were sometimes long. We will pay the higher prices to stay on site if we go to US again at a busy time.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank slwm
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband, 9-year-old son, and I chose to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel for the perks and the proximity to the parks. We were not disappointed! The HRH is no more than 10 minutes away if you walk the paved trails and less if you catch a water taxi. The theme is fun with paraphernalia from many musicians. We stayed on the 4th floor where there was a great collection of hats worn by Elton John. The grounds were beautiful and provided many areas to walk, relax, and take in nature's beauty.

The staff was friendly, but the bellhops may have been a little too friendly. After an 18-hour drive, the last thing we wanted was to have a "salesman" bellhop, however, we did. The bellhop was so eager to help us with our luggage, he didn't give my husband or I time to fully close a suitcase and most the clothing inside ended up on the asphalt of the check in port. That was particularly frustrating.

We also were frustrated that, upon check in, we were informed of how and where to pick up our express passes, but were not told where to get our park passes. Having been at Disney several times, we assumed erroneously that our hotel key would work as our park ticket; it doesn't. You must print a paper ticket and then print a paper express pass in order to go to the park.

The hotel itself was fun. My son loved the dive-in movie and while the pool is not deep (it's deepest point is 4 foot, 6 inches, it is family friendly. My son especially loved the water slide and the tennis tables that were near the pool.

Room Tip: We used a tip to stay on the opposite side of the pool; it was much quieter!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family