I stayed at this hotel when I was in town for a conference at the Orlando convention center. I am really glad I stayed at this hotel because it was definitely a fun place to be. The pool is awesome with plenty of chairs for lounging in the sun. It's kind of shallow, so dont' expect to do any real swimming. There's a water slide which is pretty fun, too. You can rent a cabana for a whole day and they are pretty reasonably priced. We ended up renting one, but our stay in the cabana was short-lived because of lightning in the area. Boo. Would have been nice to get a refund of some sort considering we paid for the whole day and were forced to leave for several hours. The music at the pool is blaring loud as well. During the day, they have an actual musician playing out on the patio, which I really enjoyed.
The rooms were plenty big and spacious. Very clean. Amazing water pressure. The only issue with the rooms was the noise. You can hear people in the hallway, the room next to you, and the room above you like there was nothing. It was especially annoying in the mornings when the cleaning staff would park their cart in the hallway and talk and laugh when I was trying to sleep! And one morning, someone was playing their clarinet at like 9 in the morning. Other than the noisy cleaning staff, the staff at the Hard Rock were super nice and friendly. They are pretty conscious about saying hi to you whenever you pass someone in the hallway, and it is definitely a nice thing to do.
At first when I got there, I was put in a room on the 1st floor ALL the way at the end of the hall. The internet didn't even work in there! I called the front desk and they sent someone to meet me at a different room down the hall with keys, so luckily I was able to get a room with working internet.
The location is super close to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure and the Citywalk. Was really nice to sneak off in the afternoons to Universal Studios and you get a free express pass when you stay as a guest at the Hard Rock. Definitely worth it!! If I was going to stay in Orlando and plan a trip to Universal area again, I would definitely come back but would maybe request to be on a different floor or even see if I could get in the skyclub!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel