We used the HRH as our base for a 10 day visit to the Orlando Recreation Area. Located right next to the Universal Parks it was at the Northern end of the International Drive resort area and about a 30 min drive from the Disney Parks. Although we had an enjoyable stay we all felt it slightly missed the mark as an exclusive destination as the comments below show.
The room was quite basic chain hotel fair with little in the way of unique HR features and no theming at all. I have been in bigger Holiday Inn or Marriott rooms for half the price. The minibar was as expensive (water $7.50) as other reviewers have stated with small print adding another 25% to the cost of each drink (we didn't have any). The bathroom was a low average decorative standard with tiles around the bath only an a pea-soup green paint job. Movies were $20 a throw. Internet was an extra $14.95 a day.
We tried to order room service pizza but despite being advertised we were told we would have to collect.
These were nicely decorated in the HRH theme with lots of Rock based artefacts. However some of the Elvis gold disk pictures had mould in them which is sure to be a problem. The Velvet Bar was dark, small and uninviting. Corridors were bright and cool but the carpets were worn and dirty looking; in need a refresh.
The pool whilst large was a maximum of 4ft 9in deep in a very restricted area; this made it useless for adult swimming but probably great for smaller kids; we didn't use it. Pool side cabanas were $180 a day.
The Kitchen Restaurant
Decent food but nothing special.
This was the first time I have ever been charged by a hotel anywhere to stay fit (US or Europe). Even the Willard next to White House in Washington didn't want money to stay healthy.
Universal Express Ticket
A really good deal for this element of the package - no queuing in the two parks.
Parking was an additional cost.
The theme should make this hotel, but we felt it missed that star quality that the marketing pushes; we have certainly been in better 3 & 4 star hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel