We chose the Hard Rock for a flying visit to Orlando as we wanted to revisit the two best parks in the place, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Staying in the hotel, you get a fast pass for all the rides, and it's worth it's weight in gold. An hour long queue for Spiderman? Not if you stay at the Hard Rock.
The hotel's within walking distance of both parks, and a wee boat can also shuttle you there and back. This is America, after all, where walking is almost a forgotten mode of transport. It's a nice stroll through the grounds though and we actually prefered doing this, telling ourselves it was burning up the burgers.
The hotel itself is very clean, the rooms bright and modern and the decor lively and interesting. There were only two bad points - the incessant piped rock music that you cannot escape from (although what should I have expected?) and the fact that there can be some raucous guests. We were woken on both nights by people living out their Excess All Areas fantasies.
We felt the food was relatively expensive and not great, breakfasting to the sounds of AC/DC and Motely Crue. The pool area was nice, but again music blasts you from all sides. Now, I like rock music as much as the next man, but not ALL rock music and you can't turn it off!
I don't know if we'd stay again and I think I'd search for an alternative, because Orlando isn't short of hotels at this price. Except for the Fast Pass - it's a big bonus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel