“GREAT Pool! Great Hotel! Would stay Again!”

Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Ranked #46 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 6, 2004

After reading the many mixed reviews on this site, I still decided on this hotel becasue it was where my boyfriend really wanted to stay so i surprised him with a visit. The entrance and everything on the way to check in is awesome, including the water guitars int he front entrance.
The front desk staff was extremely nice and fast. On the second day we enjoyed the pool, its not too deep which is kinda fun for just hanging out and they have a really kool slide. I did not however, hear any music underwater like the claims i had read about. The great thing about staying at the hotel is the front of the line access and IOA and US. The hotel is wonderfully decorated and there is music playing all the time 24/7 in the lobby and elevators area. The only slightly dissapointing thing was that (as i had read here) they take FOREVER to make up your room. It was nearly 4:00pm when we saw the maid get to ours and it would have been past four the day we checked in if i had not kept calling in to check about our room, however, they were very nice and gave me a room that was already made up so that we can get back to the hotel. And food is kind of expensive but well worth it.
Overall great!

1  Thank frogster14
There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando

Reviewed January 5, 2004

I just found this site so I am a little late in posting ... My husband and I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel for a week while on vacation in August we just loved it, it is without a doubt one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in ,very clean , lovely decor throughout the hotel and in the rooms they were just beautiful and spacious , we loved the 5 minute scenic little boat ride out back of the hotel to City Walk which is at the front entrance of Universal Studios it was non stop fun the whole time we were there so many things to see and do , great restraunts and entertainment at night at City Walk, and if you show your room key at both Universal Studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure for most rides and attractions you can skip the regular lines with UNIVERSAL EXPRESSSM ride access all day , every day it was like we were VIP's .

We look forward to our next trip there ! Amber in Las Vegas , NV

• Stayed: September 2003
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2004

Love this Hard Rock Hotel. The place is very clean,relaxing&fun. The service is great from the time you check in to the pool staff to the wait staff at the " Kitchen " restaurant. The is awsome. The dive in movies are a great way to enjoy an evening athe the H. R. Beach Club/ pool. Stayed here about 9 or 10 times , great time.

New Jersey
Reviewed November 20, 2003

i think that the Hrad Rock Hotel was the best hotel my family and I ever stayed at. We stayed on November 5- 10 and everything there was great. I have no complaints about the room service ro food, because we stayed on the sixth floor and when we got back to our hotel everything was replaced and clean. My only complaint was how deep the pool was. It's only about 4 ft. deep, so you can't really swim, but you can play basketball and go on the water slide which keep you occupied. I'm dying to go back and I would recomend it to anyone.

Ireland
Reviewed November 12, 2003

Just returned from the Hard Rock Hotel, stayed for 12 nights. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. The hotel itself is out of this world, the pool and slide along with beach club is great. Not having to queue at the park was excellent, had read it was close to the parks but it was even closer than I expected. The buffet breakfast was the best selection I have ever seen, recommend the omlette station, very good omlettes. The music was great and enjoyed the outdoor table tennis and shuttle. The only criticism I would have is the temperature in the Velvet Lounge, loved the decor there but the air conditioning was really set low, you would need a jumper in there it was cold.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 10, 2003

I stayed at the Hard Rock along with my 13 year old son the week of November 1-8, 2003. Beautiful hotel, and music fans will definitely appreciate the memorabilia displayed throughout the hotel. The staff, from the front desk personnel, valet parking attendants to the concierge couldn't have been more pleasant and upbeat. What needs some improvement are the housekeeping services. After spending the day in the parks, we liked to go back to the hotel around 5 to relax for a bit before we went to dinner. The rooms were never done, and we either had to wait around for them to start the room or to finish cleaning it. The coffee pot was never cleaned nor were the items replenished. By the third day I was out of everything. None of the maids that I encountered spoke English so did not understand my request to leave more coffee bags in the room. Towards the end of the week they weren't replenishing anything. There were no cups of any kind in the room, nor were the towels getting changed...just folded and hung up on the racks. All in all these were just minor annoyances, and certainly did not upset our awesome vacation. Just wanted to make you guys out there aware of the fact that there are some minor issues with housekeeping. I would recommend the valet parking even though it is an outrageous $12.00 a day. You'll spend $5.00 less per day to self-park and you'll be walking forever to get to the hotel (if you can find a parking spot at all). I would stay at the Hark Rock again, and would recommend it to others.
The close proximity to the parks, and front of the line access make it worth it. Most of the attractions had 40-45 minute wait times. We were on within 5 minutes. Can't beat it!

2  Thank Lisa827
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed November 2, 2003

My husband(23) and I(20) spent four nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and we had a great time. We were there in July and it never seemed overcrowded. The service was very good. The best part was the fact we never had to wait more than 15 minutes to get on the rides at the parks. Also the walk to the parks is no longer than 10 minutes. The food was very good. We even ordered roomservice a couple of times and that worked very well. The rooms were nice and very clean. You could even order movies that were not even out on video yet from the comfort of your room and that was a plus for us because we love watching movies. The pool was very nice and the water slide was fun.We have no complaints about this Hotel and we are already planning a trip back. We had a Blast!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member