“Great Service & Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bloomington, Illinois
“Great Service & Hotel”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here to enjoy Universal Studios in early February. Check it was fast on a Saturday afternoon with the front desk being very friendly and attentive. I mentioned that it was my daughter's birthday coming up and that despicable me was one of her favorite movie in passing and that it was our first trip to Universal Studios. Within 20 minutes of checking in, a knock on the door presented a movie package with movie themed candy and a coupon for a free in room movie along with a hand drawn "minion" along with a note to our family and to my daughter.

We had club level access and Nan certainly made us feel special and may be one of the best hotel employees I have come across in all of my travels as a meeting planner. On Monday, my daughter's glasses fell out of my pocket during the rip ride rock it coaster. The park employees told us they do a sweep under the ride after closing at 7pm so to check back with lost and found the next morning. We continued the best we could for a couple hours and returned back to the club level around 4pm to get a snack and relax. We told Nan what had happened with the glasses and she said she would look into it since property hotels sometimes have better luck. I thanked her figuring it wouldn't mean much.

When we came back to the lounge at 5:30, Nan informed us she had made some calls and found my daughters glasses and was meeting a park employee at 7pm when they closed. I couldn't believe our luck and said I would go pick them up myself instead. She wouldn't hear that and insisted that I spend time with my family, that she would take care of everything. We went to the pool for the "dive in" movie and sure enough at 8:30 when we went up to get desserts, Nan was there with the glasses. Miraculously the glasses were not broken or scratched. We couldn't thank Nan enough helping us make the rest of our trip enjoyable since the daughter can't see without them and wouldn't be able to enjoy the rides.

In addition, the hotel rooms were updated, clean and the club level drinks/food are worth the upgrage. The fastpasses you get to use at the parks by staying here are great as well. We never waited longer than 20 minutes for any ride in either park all 3 days.

Thanks to the hotel staff for making our vacation one to remember!

Room Tip: Club level rooms are worth the upgrade if you can afford it.
1 Thank WadeKoehler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Tiny room with absolutely nothing included!
The smalest shower I've ever been in I beat myself up just trying to wash and I'm only 5'8" and 165lbs heaven forbid if I needed a bottle of water it woukd have been $9+ for a single bottle of water! I spent $320 for 1 night in a standard room and with the exception of some decent decor and a nice view it was an absolute waste of money ive stayed at far better places for a third of the price in orlando. Take a walk t I rough the lobby then go stay at another hotel! P.S. they dont even provide a continental breakfast = natha, zilch, nothing included for $320!!! Valet parking was $25!!! The hotel is old and outdated. The only thing appealing was tge decor and location. This place was more boyband then rock and roll! :-(

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Spearwarrior
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 days at the end of our holiday. I have stayed in 5star hotels all over the world but this beats them all. Don't get me wrong the rooms aren't huge and brand new etc but the whole place just rocks, we had a 16 year old and 5 year old with us and they did not want to leave. Main points

1. Check in stated at 4pm we were in our room by 1pm
2. Check out 11am but we stayed in hotel whole day
3. So child friendly - huge pool with life guards and only 3ft, express passes free to universal, staff chilled
4. Atmosphere - as soon as you arrive you feel chilled all created by the staff
5. Location - 5 min walk to all universal attractions
6. Pool area- music, chilled, pool service and great cabanas

Yes it's expensive but the experience was one the four of us savour for a long time.

We had room 7073 on club level, great free drinks, breakfast and evening nibbles

Room Tip: I would choose club worth the money if with family
Braintree, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our family just returned from a five day stay at the Hard Rock and everyone had a great time! The accommodations were great and the service was awesome. The atmosphere was fun, lively and energetic. It was our son's birthday and they made it a special event for him. Would definitely recommend club level/concierge! Hotel was a five minute walk to Universal. Early admission to park and the express pass included in your stay was a huge bonus to avoiding the lines!! Would definitely go back...

Room Tip: We were a family of 5 and chose the suite with adjoining room - plenty of space for everyone. Woul...
1 Thank annmarie s S
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Hard Rock twice, most recently on vacation to visit Universal Studios after having stayed at a hotel closer to Disney. Here is my review:

PROS:
Great location - easy walk to parks etc

Food - ate at both The Kitchen and the Beach Bar, both offered good food at nice prices

Staff: wait staff nice, other staff friendly, especially concierge

CONS:

THE NOISE. okay, so yes, rock music is the theme, and that's great! But the decibel level is truly overwhelming/deafening. They crank up the heavy metal starting at 8 am. It is so loud you can hardly hold a conversation. Okay at 2 pm with a beer in hand maybe, but after 24/7 of it you feel like you are being tortured. It's seriously that loud.

The rooms - hair all over the bathroom at check in. Eww.

Nickel and dime-ing- there is a fee for everything - $10 for the gym, no wifi, no water in rooms

IN sum: although the location is great, would not stay here again. For the money, you get a much nicer hotel experience at the Waldorf or Ritz.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Jhg114
Meadville, PA
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Their slogan is something like "we treat you like a rock star" and it's true. Employees are clearly trained to give great treatment to guests. Whenever we asked for something the answer was yes. It's also coll that staff can Soper their tattoos, piercings, etc. like rock stars.

If you are on a splurge it's with booking a room on the club level. You get all day beverages plus breakfast, snacks at lunch, appetizers at dinner and dessert in the mid evening. Loved our stay!

• Stayed February 2013
HardRockHotelOrlando, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando. We are pleased to hear that our staff has given you the proper "rock star treatment" that we pride ourselves on providing to our guests. We hope to have you stay with us again soon! In the meantime, Take it Easy and Rock On!!
Boston, MA
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just came back from a 7 night stay at the Hard Rock with my family. Overall, we were very pleased with our accommodations. Check-in was a breeze, and we had a nice clean garden view room. The Fast-Pass for Universal was a big plus - as we didn't have to wait in the long lines. The hotel is a short 5 minute walk to the Universal theme parks. The service at the hotel and on-property restaurants was excellent. The pool area is great, and it had daily activities for the kids (hula hoop & dance contests, etc.) as well as piped in rock music (which you could also hear underwater), and on Friday, they had a one-man acoustic band - who was excellent!. The only surprise was the 18% automatic gratuity that they add to your bill if you eat or have drinks by the pool or at the Beach Club (luckily - we were satisfied with the service & our drinks/meals there, so we didn't mind paying it)..My daughter also loved the waterslide! A big hit with the kids! The food was very good - our favorite was dinner at the Palm which was excellent. The staff was excellent - concierge, bell men, wait staff were all very courteous and helpful. Location of the hotel is also not far from other Orlando attractions - Disney, SeaWorld, Kennedy Space Center, etc. It was also nice that the hotel had Emack & Bolios - which was open at 6-6:30 so you could grab a quick coffee/breakfast before you hit the parks in the early morning. We had excellent meals at Emeril's (on the City Walk) and Bice Restaurant (at the Loewe's Portofino Hotel). We had a fun time at the mini-golf course at the City Walk. And, I also thoroughly enjoyed my 50 minute massage at the Mandara Spa..This is a great, fun hotel for a family vacation. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is considering it.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators (due to noise).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando. It sounds like you had the rock star treatment that we are all about here at the Hard Rock! Glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you received exceptional service from our staff. We hope to see you again soon! Rock on!!