This hotel is definitely full of kids and family friendly, but not for those seeking a quiet gettaway. The pool is rockin'.......music is above and under the pool...plus live bands at lunch time and other times.....pool is kid friendly with no deep end and although there's only one slide, it's a fun slide ! People here are laid back and chilled out.....food at the beach club by the pool is good and so is the breakfast at the kitchen....you can find almost anything you need for breakfast, you can eat indoors and out, and they actually replenish the used items at the buffet until it closes....not like a lot of other places we have stayed.
Staff are really laid back and friendly. The marketplace has breakfast to go, chips and ice cream/coffee etc Was a nice addition to the hotel. Universal is super handy with a boat, a walk or a rickshaw as any choice of transport. It is 3-4 mins from the hotel.....the hard rock cafe in universal itself, is also an experience......
The concierge organizes almost anything you need from their front desk, and whatever they can not organize, they seem to have a fairly good idea of where to direct you.....the shop on the main level has some cute clothes and souvenirs.....the hotel also supplied a bus service to Seaworld and the aquatica waterpark near Seaworld.....plus a number of other Orlando parks.......
The only complaint I had was no balcony and no windows that open....but this seemed to be typical of a number of hotels in the Orlando area....so maybe it's the norm down there.....
All in all one of the more relaxed and fun places to stay with kids.......you can go to Universal Citywalk every night for dinner and experience something new each time, NBA City , Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville , Nascar Sports Grille etc.....
We didn't even get a chance to experience the kid's club at the Hard Rock as there's so much to do at it and in Universal.....and Orlando in general.....everything seemed very central to the Hard Rock.....At the pool in hard rock , there's a stall to buy inflatables for the pool and a hair stall for feathers etc...
We also choose to do a Pirates's dinner on International Drive which was seriously cool action for the kids, but awful food !
I liked the Hard Rock for the fact that kids can chill and be kids....everyone is just there to have fun and relax.......and staff are super friendly...all in all a recommendation........one of the more enjoyable kids places we have been...!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel