“Visiting the Casino”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hopkins, Minnesota
“Visiting the Casino”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was visiting the casino, some workmates were staying at the hotel, and went to the front desk to inquire about room rates, spa, services, and your representative, I think her name was Dawn, was so helpful and pleasant. She gave me what I asked for plus told me some of the extras that they have. She was great, and because of her I will be staying with you next time I'm in town, she was a great salesperson!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at the Hard Rock this week for a business meeting. During the meeting we had a medical emergency. The hotel acted quickly and very professionally. It was very impressive. Security was all trained in first aid, they got the medical personnel there quickly and really helped out. I was so impressed because it is the things you dont see about a hotel that indicate if it is well run, and this is a good example. I also want to give a shout out to the valet guys, so friendly and smiling all the time. Last thing is the free itunes they give you at check out. These are the little things that make me want to come back to a place. Well done.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed for one week in October on the Club Level. We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge at Disney at the Club Level as well and were interested in comparing the two. Overall, the hotel was fine. As everyone has said, the primary postive is the early admission to Islands of Adventure and the easy walk to the parks and CityWalk. We did hit a snafu at check-in as the check-in person and the bellman were adamant that we had to get our fast passes right away. We thought that our keys would get us into the parks as well (similar to Disney). No one told us that we needed to get separate tickets printed for those so we did have a mix up the first day. It would be great if one key covered the early admission, the admission in general and the fast pass. Three items for one entry for multiple people is hard to track. As for the club room, the food and drinks were much better than Wilderness Lodge. Much better variety. I also liked that it was a separate room and not just on the floor. LOVED that we could take bottled water out as Disney did not allow that. Saved a lot just on that as I priced the bottles at $3.50 each. Someone below noted that the maids were loud. I would have to agree. I happened to be in the room on two afternoons and it was crazy how lould they were screaming down the hall to each other and also just cleaning in general. I thought that they were doing construction next door. Not a huge deal but if I was trying to take a nap or have a serious phone conversation it would have been tough. Overall, I would stay again but mainly for the early entry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KareninColorado
Burton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Friends recommended we stop in this hotel. We were not dissapointed. Although expensive, we enjoyed every moment. Check in was smooth, and our room ready. The room was large, and clean. Staff treated us like VIP's throughout our two week stay. The kids LOVED it! Especially the music in the pool, and the pool side cinema.
There are several restaurants. We ate at the Kitchen, and had great kitchen burgers (recommended!) followed by Mudslide cocktails (also recommended!)
The short walk or free boat ride to universal is pleasant.
Your key gives you express passes at the rides in the universal parks, and early entry, but you still need to buy tickets.
Busses and cheaper taxis can be taken from the back of City Walk.

Room Tip: We had a garden room, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Twiglet003
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night to take advantage of the front of the line upgrades for Universal & Islands of Adventure. The hotel is beautiful, simply beautiful, the staff were amazing. I can't recommend staying here highly enough. The pool, the bar, the rooms were all AWESOME. You Rock Hard Rock :-)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Craig L
Weston, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Maid was loaud no wi5 check out was terrible wanted to charge me a $10.00 extra for a jäger ,.I had to come in and check if my room was available because I never receive any call from the deck but I will keep staying in this hotel,...love the way we can use the room key ,..fast line the boat is fast pool was awesome ,.the top was lil dirty but was very hot just perfect !!!! The pool service was friendly and fast !!!!

Room Tip: Need more space or more stuff too poor look!!!! But very clean ,.,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Maidenhead
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We, (2adults 1x10 yr old) stayed for one night so we could gain early entry to the Islands of Adventure. We arrived way before check in at about 0730. Greeted by really helpful staff at the door and at the check in desk. All our room keys and express passes were sorted out in minutes, case dropped off at stowage and off we went to the parks. The hotel called my mobile to let me know our room was available. The room was on the 6th floor with a view of the lake and gardens. Nice bathroom with seperate vanity area. The room also had an iPhone docking station alarm, CD player and a large flat screen tv. The only thing missing for me in a hotel like this was the lack of free wi-fi in the room. If Disney can do it.........
The pool area and other public areas are great. The rock memorabilia is amazing!
Would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012