9,906 results
All reviewsexpress passcity walkwater taxirock royaltyrock starclub levelvelvet barrock musicpalm restaurantrock and rollislands of adventurefast passharry potterboth parkskids suiteroom keypool area
Reviewed October 26, 2003

We stayed at the Hard Rock on a Sat night (10/25/03) for Halloween Horror nights. I have stayed onsite before at the Portofino and decided given the mood of HHN, to try the Hard Rock. Like another reviewer mentioned our room was not ready until 4pm on the dot- we had arrived at 9am to do the parks and kept calling to see if it was ready. The man at the front desk was not nice at all until my husband came up.

When we did get to our room there was a German cockroach on the wall which I had to get with some tissues and dispose of in the trash and then tied it up so I called down for more trash bags. They brought the wrong size. Then after a day of walking the parks I took a nice hot shower in the dinky small bathroom when I grabbed for a towel, there was a nice large yellow stain. That along with stains on the comforter (looked like dried blood) prompted me to call again and they brought more towels and changed the comforters. Well later that night after HHN we come back and pull down the cover to find that the sheets have a big black mark on them (like a shoe scoff) decided not to bother calling but tell them in the AM how disappointed we were at our $200/night room. They gave us free breakfast..Woo Hoo

Other than the room. the hotel was great. Breakfast was good (don't know that I would have actually PAID $15 to eat it though) and the Velvet bar was a very nice change of pace to wind down from City Walk.

1  Thank Camper31067
Reviewed October 23, 2003

When we first arrived we were completely in love with the hotel, it's absolutely gorgeous. However, I have arrived at Disney hotels that have the rooms ready at 1 p.m. whereas the Hard Rock were holding fast to their 4 p.m. check-in (my husband complained and got us a room). We decided to grab a burger at the Beach Club by the pool..........rip-off central. My biggest gripe was the absolutely outrageous prices and the inability to obtain a good breakfast at a reasonable price We evn walked over to Citywalk at 7:30 a.m. and everything was closed. When we got back to the hotel our choice was the $15 per person buffet or the crappy Starbucks that had my daughter make her own iced coffee and charged the other one $5 for a Frappucinno. Thankfully we only stayed two nights and then moved on to the Caribbean Beach at Disney with it's wonderful food court that opens at 6:30 a.m. In future, as in the past, the entire stay will be at a Disneyworld Resort, the Hard Rock was a beautiful waste of time and money

Reviewed October 20, 2003

This hotel is the best place to stay at if you are going to halloween horror nights at universal's islands of adventure. I have been going to it for the past 5 years but this year was truly awesome because we stayed on property. I will definitely stay at one of the three every halloween. My family and I loved the hard rock hotel (I am very picky when choosing a hotel!)especially since I was coming with 3 other families with children ranging from 1 to 12 years old and my 13 year old who loves water slides(By the way, they have a pretty good slide for a hotel.) I usually read all comments that I can find before choosing a hotel and this sometimes takes a few months. I want to say that many comments were very true-like yes the hallways are as cold as your freezer which wouldn't be so bad if it was in the middle of the summer ,but we are talking about October. My friends were sitting outside late at night and they said that everytime the door opened the hotel was airconditioning the outdoors and they were freezing. Another thing was the housekeeping knocked on the door to clean at 9:30 a.m. on day of check out for my friend who was leaving a day before us. She was in the shower and they walked right in. When she complained that she called for a wake up call at that time not a walk in, she got no restitution! This must be a common thing because the very next day the same thing happen to my other friends but this time it was 8:30a.m. I was prepared. I had put my do not disturb sign out the night before.

Reviewed October 13, 2003

The hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly. My children (6 and 8) loved the pool, especially the water slide. The kids liked that one side of the pool was a beach. I thought the idea of family movie on the beach at night was really nice.

I will admit though, the rooms could have been bigger for the price you paid. The parking fee of $6 a day was a little much after paying to stay at the hotel but you had in/out priviledges. Cannot complain to much.

The best thing about the hotel was: you are a five minute walk to the parks. You do not have to wait for a shuttle. You can walk! The paths are very clean and landscaped.

The express passes were nice to have as well for staying on site. I will say though, we only used them once. We stayed Oct 1-Oct 5, 2003.
The parks were empty. We did not wait more then 5-10 minutes for any ride.

I was very pleased with the overall Universal/Hard Rock experience. I would stay their again if we choose Universal for another family vacation.

1  Thank Navigate27662
Reviewed October 10, 2003

We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando this past summer for the first time and were really disappointed with their pool. The very deepest it was (only in one small area) was 4 feet. We thought our teen-aged son would enjoy the pool - he wouldn't even go in. It is a great pool for kids aged 6 -10 or younger.Our big joke of the stay was that one area of the pool actually stated that the water was 9" deep (yes inches, not feet ) Was that for fear that someone would drown in 9" of water??? We did enjoy the memorabilia,
the room was ok, the staff wasn't all that friendly. We went from there
to the Polynesian in Disney World which was much better (we felt) as
far as hospitality was concerned. Also, more food choices available in
Disney. The only good part about the Hard Rock was the close proximity
to the parks and express lines for rides. We would not stay there again
though.