“Best resort we have been to in awhile!!!”

Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Ranked #45 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from our trip to Orlando for 10 days. Stayed at hard rock sep 20-23, club level. After reading many reviews I decided to go with hard rock as I thought would be fun for two children 10,15.
I Definetly made right choice.
From minute we drove onto property .. Wow what a resort tropical feeling and great rock vibe!!
Lobby beautiful.. Only glitch was check in.. Staff member checking us in was pre occupied and didn't want to help with room request even though I was a hard rock member.. When we were brought up to our room I was a little disappointed however once we met Lynn at concierge desk she noticed right away I wasn't satisfied and went out of her way to get me the room I requested. Thank you Lynn!!! Once we had our new key and went into our room.. Wow it was fabulous. 2 queen beds with pullout couch so my children could sleep in seperate beds... This was a saving grace. Room huge and loved the little alcove for our stuff!!
Family loved club level.. First afternoon they ran in and filled up on those little PB & J sandwiches lol.. Drinks out all day were a bonus.. Especially for teenagers.. Saved a fortune in parks.
Evening cocktail hours from 5-7 were fabulous... Nice hot dishes with cheese crackers.. Hummus, salsa.. And of course nice cold adult refreshments.
Breakfast as well every morning was beautifully laid out with many varieties that filled up my family of 4 for an adventourous day in the parks.
Love love the prox to the parks.. Hard rock closest..5-10 walk to universal studios through a beautiful tropical path.. And another 5 min to isle of adventure. Boat service was fun too.. Always a pleasant captain on board.
We visited the other 2 properties at universal and felt ours was the best choice.
Pool was great.. Best waterside on property and music underwater very cool.. Nightly movies at pool were great.. Harry potter one night and Spider-Man next... Nice touch. Great service also at pool area
Had lunch one day at kitchen rest, ate outside.. Food fantastic and service top notch.. Thk u.. Wish I could remember names of staff we met there however they were great.
Let me tell you I could not imagine going to either parks without an express pass.. Even if this hotel was awful ( which it wasn't.. Complete opposite) we would still stay there for convience of the pass. Huge lines and we didn't wait at all.. Awesome!!!
Special shout out to Lee in club level who was amazing at bringing great vibe to place and made our stay one we will never forget...
Thks hard rock we will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank prOntario
There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in the Hard Rock for 2 Weeks. All in all we had a nice holiday.....if it wouldn't be for barking and howling dog left in the rooms on their own (I can't understand why people have to take their pets on holiday and leave them in the rooms on their own)....and I think guest without pets should not be given rooms next to pets unless they have been made aware of it and they are ok with it.
The rooms are dated but ok...housekeeping was great first but gone downhill throughout our stay ( they didn't even put out clean drinking glasses in the end).
The food and drink prices at the pool bar is well overpriced....and so are the prices throughout the hotel....but the staff in the Velvet Bar where absolutely great......thanks Guys...we missing you already !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ute2439
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Myself and the wife stayed for one night at the Hard Rock whilst in Orlando and have stayed at this hotel before. It is worth getting the one negative out of the way first and that is the cost. For one midweek night at the hotel we payed about £180 (yes pounds) for a standard double room and this does not include the $17 per night for self parking. The plus side is that this does include fast park tickets for both universal theme parks and these alone are worth over $150 and the hotel itself is amazing. The staff cannot do enough to help you and even if you are checking out in the morning, you can leave your luggage at reception and keep your fastpass tickets for the whole day. We went to the Velvet lounge bar during happy hour where they have some good deals and the barman and the manageress were friendly and chatty and the barman even said that if we came back after our meal at Bubba Gumps (yuck...see review) we could continue having drinks at the happy hour prices. The aim of the Hard Rock is to make you feel like rock stars and it certainly achieves this aim

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kentishman28
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Love the lobby atmosphere, the pool, and the convenience of getting to and from Universal Studios. The express passes are great too, The food, drinks, even snacks, anywhere in the hotel are WAY TO HIGH. It would also be nice to have some vending machines for the nighttime munchies. The biggest disappointment was the A/C. We wanted our room cold at 65 when we returned from Universal Studios only to find it still running at 73. When we called to complain, we were told that the A/C was controlled by motion detectors that would not allow the room to cool below 73 unless we were moving about in the room. This sounded reasonable at first, but what about once you go to bed and want it to stay at 65? NO MOVEMENT MEANS NO COOLING!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

early entrance and unlimited fast passes to the rides were the reason for us stopping here.
The drinks are way too expensive. I got a pint of beer and a glass of wine at the beach bar and it cost me $23. Free wifi in pool and lobby is good but to have it in your room will cost you $10 per night, it is also very intermittant and not that good at times.
Services is great and very friendly, locationis spot on for universal and islands of adventure. Close to international drive too and wet and wild.
Last Thursday of the month they have a live band on in the lobby, we stopped in a deluxe room which was very nice but then upgraded to a kids suite as the room did smell of damp. Kids suit was good size with separte bedroom, we upgraded for $50 per night after haggling.
There is a bottle of water in your room but will cost you $7
The sunbeds were plentiful but too close together so you couldnt get your legs in between them to put the towels on, The hotel should look at this as it was a bug bear for me.
There is a shop downstairs selling milk so you can go to supermarket and get cereal in.
Have stopped here twice and would go again for the location alone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank poochiepoo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

From check-in to departure, the Hard Rock Hotel delivers in every way.
I have read a few negative reviews on Trip Advisor based on the hotel and feel a lot are a bit petty.
Bathrooms to small.... How much time do you spend in the bathroom.
Prices too high......... It's a 4 diamond hotel of course prices will be higher but you are paying for quality and service.
I can't fault the bars or restaurants.

The Velvet Bar has great cocktails - Matt and Brian were amazing a real great team. I still think about my Friskey Whiskey

Emack and Bolio's - Late night trips for icecream woun't be the same at home.

Palm - My wife lost and earing during dinner and the restaurant team broke out the flash lights during service and found it. Thanks Guys.

Reception - Polite Efficient and even remembered our arrival on checkout.

I will definitlely be back to the Hard Rock Orlando.

Thanks for a Rockin Good Time!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for a high floor the views of the park a great. If you go to the Kitchen for Breakfast order one...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

In a kids point of view the Hard Rock Hotel is wonderful! It has strait access to both theme parks! Also the rooms are clean and ready when we want them to be. Also, when I was there over the summer, I went to their pool at night and they were playing movies! They were also selling huge beach balls and their is a great pool side restaurant that serves you from the pool! It's also a beautiful place. All around the hotel is bushs, trees, and flowers! So, if you want loads of fun I would definately recommend the Hard Rock in Florida.

Room Tip: I would say that all rooms are very good. :O)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family