9,907 results
All reviewsexpress passcity walkwater taxirock royaltyrock starclub levelvelvet barrock musicpalm restaurantrock and rollislands of adventurefast passharry potterboth parkskids suiteroom keypool area
Reviewed October 13, 2003

The hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly. My children (6 and 8) loved the pool, especially the water slide. The kids liked that one side of the pool was a beach. I thought the idea of family movie on the beach at night was really nice.

I will admit though, the rooms could have been bigger for the price you paid. The parking fee of $6 a day was a little much after paying to stay at the hotel but you had in/out priviledges. Cannot complain to much.

The best thing about the hotel was: you are a five minute walk to the parks. You do not have to wait for a shuttle. You can walk! The paths are very clean and landscaped.

The express passes were nice to have as well for staying on site. I will say though, we only used them once. We stayed Oct 1-Oct 5, 2003.
The parks were empty. We did not wait more then 5-10 minutes for any ride.

I was very pleased with the overall Universal/Hard Rock experience. I would stay their again if we choose Universal for another family vacation.

1  Thank Navigate27662
Reviewed October 10, 2003

We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando this past summer for the first time and were really disappointed with their pool. The very deepest it was (only in one small area) was 4 feet. We thought our teen-aged son would enjoy the pool - he wouldn't even go in. It is a great pool for kids aged 6 -10 or younger.Our big joke of the stay was that one area of the pool actually stated that the water was 9" deep (yes inches, not feet ) Was that for fear that someone would drown in 9" of water??? We did enjoy the memorabilia,
the room was ok, the staff wasn't all that friendly. We went from there
to the Polynesian in Disney World which was much better (we felt) as
far as hospitality was concerned. Also, more food choices available in
Disney. The only good part about the Hard Rock was the close proximity
to the parks and express lines for rides. We would not stay there again
though.

4  Thank Sherpa35097
Reviewed October 7, 2003

Stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Oct 3 thru Oct 6th 2003 as a winner of a contest....so needless to say my accomadations were free and my opinion wasn't biased based on the cost of room. The Hotel is very interesting.... I was traveling with my wife and 2 children (7 and 5) and kinda felt out of place. This hotel seems to cater towards couples with no kids or couples with teenagers. Obviously with the Hard Rock name I wasn't expecting "Ariel's grotto" but I did feel out of place with children this young. This place is definately happening for the "club scene". Checked in at 11:30pm(flight delays) and the place was rocking....loud music and lots of people in black attire milling about.
Seems like a lot of the patrons go clubbing until 2:00 am at city walk and then walk back(short distance) to the hotel. Accomadations were lovely and clean with trendy decor in the rooms(2 queens) and a desk.
Room was 1st floor at the end of a wing which was a bit of a walk but also good because you were far enough away from the noise of the lobby.
Pool was zero entry, water slide and didn't go deeper than 4 feet.
Almost too shallow for the type of clientel they seem to be trying to attract...perfect for my kids ,but my kids were alone in there age bracket at that time. With the Hard Rock's slogan "the coolest hotel in the area"....it comes with that rock star, tattoed/pierced 20 something attitude. Didn't eat at the hotel. Did a lot of Disney parks(kids ages and personal likes) short drive 15 min. Staying at the Hard Rock with front of line priviledges seem to be very valuable with some of the patrons I talked with....we did not visit IOA or US. Valet parking was $12 a day and self park was $6 a day. Some nights we tried to self park and the lot was full and used the valet and they charged us the self park rate...very nice. Hope it helps.

10  Thank JSERNA
Reviewed October 6, 2003

nice lobby and beautiful grounds; very good location great access to Universal parks, and it is very convenient to pay for everything with your room card and bypass the regular attraction/ride line ups as a hotel guest rooms are comfortable, but try to get a room higher up; the hallways are looking a bit beat up and the room service dishes linger way too long in the hallway (up to 2 days) pool and park views are pleasant but the windows are too dirty to have a clear view I was expecting more memorabilia, but there was a rock'n'roll party atmosphere on the weekends overall it was very good value, I stayed there a week for $125.00/night plus taxes and parking parking is poor value since they have limited space and the lots get so full on the weekend the hotel guests have no place to park, a real inconvenience staff were reasonably friendly but did not go out of their way; service standards were definitely at a 4 star level, not a five star level, though turn down service was executed nicely with some pleasant suprises I was surprised how many families with young children were there, I was expecting a more youthful/mature crowd the pool is too shallow for a real swim, but is great for young children the biggest disappointment was the poolside food, we had the nachos, topped with cheap, low-grade processed cheese, not good value at all they could use more front desk staff, the line ups at check-in and check-out were too long I would stay there again and recommend it to others

1  Thank BizTraveller1
Reviewed September 28, 2003

Like some other reviewers, we found that whilst it was an attractive, laid back, friendly place, the quality just didn't match the price.
Room not made up until gone 4pm on more than one occasion, $6 a day to park (a bit penny pinching when guests are paying over $200 a night), having to chase up coffee sachets for in room coffee maker etc But worst of all was noisy residents returning at 2am - 3am from City Walk.
The hotel could do more to stress to guests that not all residents appreciate hooting and hollering outside their rooms in the wee hours.
If you're going, I suggest asking for a room down the corridor away from a) the lifts and b) the ice machine and keep hold of those earplugs the airline gave you!!

2  Thank Curiosity9606