If you want a great hotel at a great location for Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure in Orlando Fl., this is the Hotel to be at! It's a short boat ride to the entrances of both parks and if you prefer walking, it's close as well. By staying at the Hard Rock, you get a chance to enter the parks 1 hour earlier than the public; for you Harry Potter fans, this is great since the wait time with the public crowd can be over an hour long! The Hard Rock is situated between their two other hotels, the Portofino & the Lowes Royal Pacific. The Hard Rock is conveniently located in the middle so getting to Citywalk and the parks is easy. The Hotel itself is a beautifully designed building reminiscent of an old Mission style building but with Rock & Roll memorabilia. If you are lucky enough to be staying during their Velvet Session weeks, you may be able to see throwback bands like Spin Doctors, Bret Michaels or Flock of Seagulls who were there performing during our stay.
If you have kids, we stayed in the kids suite which was roomy but small enough to keep an eye on the kids. It has a large entrance that leads to the kingsize bed and the sitting area. The next section is the kids room that has two doors that can be closed if you want to watch TV late at night and don't want to wake them up. The bathroom has two sections. One section has the toilet and a small sink and a tub/shower. The other section is a separate bathroom with double sinks and a shower stall. Both sections are accessible by two doors that connect our bedroom and the kids room so all have access via different entrances. These rooms book fast so I suggest booking early.
Every Sunday by the pool, the hotel has two performers/DJ's/Dancer/MC that do everything from getting the pool crowd up and dancing to Hoola Hoop competitions between boys & girls and men & women all while listening to current and past music. The kids and most adults look forward to it; at least we do when we stay at the Hotel.
Their food options are good as well. You have The Kitchen which serves buffet or ala carte options and Emack & Bolio, a Massachusetts based ice cream company that specializes in a wide variety of high-end ice cream. Eating at the hotel can add up but if you get one of their Bed & Breakfast deals with your stay, it works out great. They have a kids breakfast deal as well. You can get the kids breakfast for 50% off what they would charge you at the restaurant if you pre-pay it at the front desk. The food options are immense so there's a wide variety to choose from.
Overall, it's a great hotel that treats all guests with style at a decent price. And if you want convenience to Universal Parks, this is the place to stay at! Can't wait for the return trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel