Stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Oct 3 thru Oct 6th 2003 as a winner of a contest....so needless to say my accomadations were free and my opinion wasn't biased based on the cost of room. The Hotel is very interesting.... I was traveling with my wife and 2 children (7 and 5) and kinda felt out of place. This hotel seems to cater towards couples with no kids or couples with teenagers. Obviously with the Hard Rock name I wasn't expecting "Ariel's grotto" but I did feel out of place with children this young. This place is definately happening for the "club scene". Checked in at 11:30pm(flight delays) and the place was rocking....loud music and lots of people in black attire milling about.
Seems like a lot of the patrons go clubbing until 2:00 am at city walk and then walk back(short distance) to the hotel. Accomadations were lovely and clean with trendy decor in the rooms(2 queens) and a desk.
Room was 1st floor at the end of a wing which was a bit of a walk but also good because you were far enough away from the noise of the lobby.
Pool was zero entry, water slide and didn't go deeper than 4 feet.
Almost too shallow for the type of clientel they seem to be trying to attract...perfect for my kids ,but my kids were alone in there age bracket at that time. With the Hard Rock's slogan "the coolest hotel in the area"....it comes with that rock star, tattoed/pierced 20 something attitude. Didn't eat at the hotel. Did a lot of Disney parks(kids ages and personal likes) short drive 15 min. Staying at the Hard Rock with front of line priviledges seem to be very valuable with some of the patrons I talked with....we did not visit IOA or US. Valet parking was $12 a day and self park was $6 a day. Some nights we tried to self park and the lot was full and used the valet and they charged us the self park rate...very nice. Hope it helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel