Just returned home from our Harry Potter Trip, spending 4 nights at Royal Pacific. We had reserved a water front king room and we were pleasantly surprised to get into our rooms as early as 11AM. Reception clerks, bellman and valet couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly! The room was very nice and well cleaned, but I must admit I had higher expectations from a luxury resort, as the rooms lacked that extra touch of luxury - and no balconies. The lobby and resort grounds were stunning, however.
The great, but not extraordinary, rooms were made up for by the express line access and overall great service by every employee we encountered. On our second night, our TV was having reception issues and I spoke with a manager who addressed the problem efficiently.
No doubt about it - this place is expensive and nothing comes free (there is even a self parking fee).... but this seems to have become commonplace at all luxury hotels I travel to. I don't understand why you stay somewhere cheap and get all of the extras for free, but get nothing when you pay good money at a top-notch hotel. Regardless, the location and express passes made the resort a good value.
We only ate at Jake's American Bar and the sushi bar, both of which were excellent. Try the chicken quesidillas! The entire hotel was spotless, room included. Noise levels in the halls and throughout the resort were higher than we would have liked, but we were traveling at a theme park over the summer and expected to deal with lots of kids.
This was our first time going to an Orlando theme park and not staying at a Disney resort and in my opinion, Disney has some serious competition. We were very impressed and can't wait to return again, but maybe during a slower time!
PROS: Clean, spacious rooms, great grounds and pool, awesome and personable guest service, EXPRESS PASS
CONS: Expect to pay for everything, rooms could use a bit of updating, loud and hectic, could use a bit more staffing to handle the large crowds
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort