Stayed in Orlando for 4 days in early February before driving to Miami to catch our cruise ship. Wanted to do Universal with our kids (7 & 4), so, after checking out the Universal website, we decided to stay onsite at the Royal Pacific (mainly for the pool and the express-pass privileges).
Our flight arrived in Orlando at 1:30 pm and we arrived at RP about 2:30... expected to have to wait for a room but we had no problem checking in right away and were in our room within 15 minutes. All the employees we encountered during our stay, from front desk to concierge to valet to restaurant and gift shop, were extremely friendly and very helpful. Kudos to the gentleman at the on-site Hertz desk who went out of his way to help me re-work my vehicle plans for our trip to Miami!
Room was nice, very clean, but a bit on the small side, particularly for the price. Had a pool view on the 7th floor and the view was nice.
Getting to Universal was a breeze. Caught the water taxi each day and never waited more than 5-10 minutes. Kids thought the boat trip was cool. Really enjoyed Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, and CityWalk.
Only ate dinner at the RP the night we arrived. Islands Grill... the food was expensive, but was very good and the service was excellent. They had people there making balloon animals and doing face painting, and the kids really enjoyed that. Also had the continental breakfast buffet each morning in the Orchid Court in the lobby. It's a very nice setting and the selections of fruit, pastries, cereals, yogurt, etc. were excellent and reasonably priced. The fresh cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese frosting are highly recommended!
Our favourite part of the RP was the pool. It was huge, but not so deep that both kids couldn't play on their own while we sat in the hot tub. They really liked the mini water park as well. Our kids are water rats and they loved coming back to the hotel each evening to hit the pool after a day at the parks. The evening movie on weekends is a great idea. Only complaint here was that the pool closed too early (9:00 pm)!
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Beautiful grounds, great service, excellent location. Would definitely return, but would probably book a larger room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TravelUp, Prestigia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort