We are a family of four - myself, husband, and two daughters (ages 10 & 13). We ended up staying at the RPR because Hard Rock had no rooms available. We had stayed many times at Hard Rock and had high hopes for Royal Pacific....and we were NOT disappointed. As a matter of fact, I can't believe the other reviewers are taking about the same hotel we stayed at...! We had NONE of the issues mentioned in other reviews. And before you wonder, I will tell you that we travel extensively only staying at 4+ star hotels and we have eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the country...in other words - we are picky, well informed and well traveled. With that said....on to the review -
-Check in was easy and fast. Room was what I requested - 2 beds, lower floor.
-Staff was overly polite.
-Room was clean, orderly, and had a "courtyard" view of lush landscaping. Mini bar was stocked, plenty of towels...
-The hotel grounds were clean and quite attractive. The pool was perfect for our children.
-The children's activities were great. The movies in the pool was so much fun for them! They loved the game room, too!
-The Orchid Lounge was comfortable and relaxing for an evening cocktail or some sushi...Sushi service ends at 11, bar service at midnight. The lounge was family friendly w/o being kid orientated, which was nice since we have older children...they were able to sit with us (unlike Hard Rock's lounge - no kids allowed at all).
-The on site restaurants were good - not great - but good. (We did NOT eat at Emeril's). Our kids LOVED the kids buffet at Island's...Another reviewer said the kids buffet and the food in general was gross?? Don't believe it. While certainly not excellent - far from gross.
-The valet's were quick and helpful....For $18/day plus tipping it is worth the extra money (it is $12/day to self park)...our car was always prompt.
The two CONs were 1.) the beds - they were much too hard...we asked for extra pillows and this seemed to make things a bit more comfy. 2.) ALL THE KIDS. Yes, we do have kids, but I mean - ALL the kids, young "screamers", couples with 4 or 5 young children...strollers all over, mothers changing their kids at the pool in public view. My kids were like, "Mom, these kids are annoying!!" Thank God, these "young" ones seemed to disppear as the evening went on...
Regarding PRICE - to all the people who complained about the money (ie: "nickel and diming") 1.) EVERY 4 or 5 star hotel I have EVER stayed at had extra charges for parking and the gym. 2.) Mini bars are ALWAYS 10x the amount of what you would pay at the nearby 7/11 - this is NOT a trick, but common knowledge 3.) It is okay to use your mini bar for a fridge - we did and always do...You will only be charged for what you eat - we ate some cookies and cereal and were charged accordingly.
Bottom line on price - if you are looking for a bargain - this is NOT your place...4+ stars are expensive, usually much more nightly than we spent here. You will be charged extra for parking, gym, mini bar, the game room, EVERYTHING.
My personal opinion is that at about $250/night (non resident) there are alot of people now able to stay at a 4 star resort (RPR is the cheapest of the Universal Hotels) and thus we are seeing the negative reviews about price and the "expecting more for my money" complaint.
In ending - we had a great time and are looking forward to staying again soon.
~ Happy Travels~
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort