Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
  • Restaurant
Floridian Express(Orlando)
  • Breakfast included
11,050 results
All reviewsexpress passwater taxicity walkislands of adventureislands dining roombula barharry potterorchid loungetchoup chopearly admissionfast passboth parksuniversal orlandoroom keyearly accessclub levelboat ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2009

After the madness of Disney we moved over to the Royal Pacific on Universal site. This was simply a marvelous hotel. There was almost nothing to fault, the bedroom was massive with a superb super kingsize bed.
Check in couldn't have been more helpful, they saw 2 people waiting so they opened another desk. The hotel offered super fast broadband, shame it wasn't free but at $9.99 for 24hrs was hardly a rip off.
The restuarnts were of the highest quality, as was Jakes Bar where we had a few superb cocktails.
My one little niggle was that on the day we were leaving and waiting for the coach to collect us, we found it nearly impossible to get a coffee from anywhere. Could have done with a coffee shop on site, but apart from that the place is awesome.
This is a must stay-at place

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisFarrington
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Universal just aint Disney. We had a 2 night stay is a basic king room. There was nothing special about the place. the staff was curtious yet uninspired. Everything, as you would expect in Orlando, is designed to squeeze your wallet. They tried to rip us off for ~$25 worth of bogus honor bar charges (we didnt have the key). Keep an eye on your bill. The breakfast buffet was nice. I guess I hoped to be truely 'wowed' for $300/night and I wasnt. The grounds were OK, but having stayed at disney property, Gaylord property and lots of others, I wouldn't put them on the same level even though they charge about the same.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Lobby and common areas are very nice. The rooms are way too small and outdated. The rooms belong in a 2 or 3 start hotel.

More about rooms:
Paint is faded, floor boards are dirty/dinged, bathroom counter space doesn't exist, the TV is ridiculously slow when changing channels.

You definitely pay for the location. You can walk to City Walk, Islands of Adventure, & Universal all within 10 minutes or take the water taxi for about the same amount of time.

My company paid a discounted rate so it was reasonable. I don't think it's worth the regular price.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband and I are in our mid-fifties and usually go to Disney when we are in Florida visiting family, but decided since we hadn't been to Universal since 1997 and had never been to Islands of Adventure, we'd do something different. Universal properties offered some nice perks like including the Express Pass and priority seating at any of the City Walk restaurants, so we decided to give them a try. We aren't big Hard Rock fans and the Portofino Resort was booked, so we ended up staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Hotel for four nights (from Oct. 20-24, 2009) as a getaway for our anniversary. It was the lowest priced of the 3 Universal properties, but we paid a little extra to be on the Club floor, which included access to the Club room where a Continental breakfast, hors d'oeuvres and beer/wine at cocktail hour, "Sweet Dreams" snacks in the evening, and non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day were all complimentary. We both felt it was well worth the added expense, and we came to think the time we spent at the Royal Pacific was the best part of the whole trip.

We were in room 3753 on the Club floor. The view overlooked part of the highway and the area where the hotel has their luau on Saturday nights. Not great but not bad either. The room was a good size, with king bed, sofa, 2 chairs, a table, dresser, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a very nice coffeemaker. (In the closet there was the usual iron, ironing board, plus robes and a safe.) The bed was very comfortable and the toiletries were of good quality.

The hotel is lovely, with a beautiful atrium outside the lobby. We ate at the hotel restaurant and also at Jake's Bar, both had good food at a fair price. There are also plenty of places to eat at City Walk. We tried Bubba Gump's, Margaritaville, and Emeril's restaurant; all were excellent.

The pool is large with nice areas set up for the toddlers and a boat with spray coming out for the bigger kids. We noticed there was a jacuzzi and there were plenty of chairs to be had. Also, there were floats and balls and ping pong and pool tables available at no extra charge. It's a short walk to City Walk or either theme park, or you can take the water taxi from the dock to City Walk. On Friday night they had a brief torch lighting ceremony, complete with music, hula dancer and fire dancer near the pool bar.

I have only good things to say about Loews Royal Pacific. We weren't sure what to expect from the "cheapest" of the 3 Universal resorts, but we were very impressed--and not only with the hotel itself, but the staff was wonderful. Every one went out of their way to be friendly and helpful, from the moment we checked in until the moment we drove away. I can't say enough nice things about them, and I would highly recommend staying here.

The only thing I would add is that my husband and I agreed that 4 days is really not necessary to see all of Universal/Islands of Adventure. The parks closed early while we were there and as it turned out, we both got head colds, so we slept in most mornings and didn't arrive at the parks till around noon. Even at that, we had more than enough time to see and do everything. We did use the Express Pass even though the parks weren't crowded while we were there, and can see that during peak seasons the Express Pass would be a real asset, but as it was we were getting a little bored at the parks and ended up spending more time than we usually would at the hotel. Had we not been feeling under the weather, we probably would've skipped the Universal parks one day and gone to Sea World or something. That said, Loews Pacific Royal is a good base if you want to see other Orlando attractions.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Slix
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We stayed here whilst on a Florida self-drive holiday after the disappointment of the accommodation we had booked in Winter Garden forced us to make a last minute alternative booking. What a relief it was to check in here!! We’re not usually fans of mega resorts but we were warmly welcomed here and could check in to our room at 9.30am (we were heading to Universal theme parks). So we dumped our bags and went straight to the parks (using our room keys to bypass the lines all day)

On our return at the end of the day we enjoyed a huge plate of excellent sushi in the lobby lounge (one large main course serving was enough to feed two of us making the $40 bill some of the best ever value in a hotel restaurant we’ve had). The next morning we enjoyed the excellent buffet breakfast, the swimming pool before a leisurely check-out.

Our room was clean, well equipped and had a great view over the gardens towards the theme parks. The rest of the hotel is immaculate with a huge range of things to do (including outdoor movies by the pool; kids clubs; bars; fitness centre etc, etc). And is all within walking distance of the additional attractions of City Walk.

This was the priciest hotel we stayed at during our trip, but with the automatic Express pass; free boat shuttle to the parks; early check-in and late check-out; plus good value dinner we were certainly left feeling that it provided good overall value.

As a side note I’d like to mention how painlessly Universal sorted out my ticket muddle. I had booked Express Pass tickets (assuming that I wasn’t going to be staying at an on-site hotel) but then didn’t need these once I had booked into the resort. A full refund was made to my credit card for these pre-booked tickets and we were able to buy appropriate alternative tickets on the day. Really impressive service as their small print could easily have prevented refunds for internet-booked tickets and/or refunds on the day of usage.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple