Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
$314
$255
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$135
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
$615
$458
Hotels.com
11,077 results
All reviewsexpress passwater taxicity walkislands of adventureislands dining roombula barharry potterorchid loungetchoup chopearly admissionfast passboth parksuniversal orlandoroom keyearly accessclub levelboat ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2005

What you get for $180 a night is not what it used to be. Our room had worn out and torn carpet and was not overly clean having come from the best time and room at Port Oleans in WDW. The view from the room was nice as we were pointed at Universal, BUT very noisy at night, music coming from the Citywalk the three night we stayed. When questioned about the quality of the room and noise we were only told to fill out a comment card (boy what customer service). The bright spot of the hotel was the wonderful pool and the beautiful lobby. The kid loved the pool so much we were in it every night. They even played movies on a large screen that you could see from the pool or a lounge chair. Also the Island Restaurant has one of the best buffets. There are better places to stay on site with the same benefits without the feeling of neglict.

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank kestrelway
Reviewed November 14, 2005

My husband I stayed and the Royal Pacific Resort Nov.9-13. Our flight was delayed, so I called ahead to make sure that we had a late check-in noted in our reservation. Upon arriving at the resort, we were greeted by friendly staff members. When we got to our room, there were 2 full-size beds instead of the king that was requested. I called the front desk and was told that there wasn't any available for the evening, but the following day, we could be relocated. The staff moved our bags while we enjoyed a day at the parks. The rooms were small and on the dark side, but I guess that's to resemble something in the south pacific. We ate at the continental breakfast 3 of the 4 mornings. the food was expensive, but expected at a resort. The last morning, we ate at the full-service restaurant and enjoyed a much heartier breakfast for not much more than the continental breakfast. All in all, the resort grounds, pool, and lobby are beautiful. All staff members were very friendly. the food was good, but expensive. Drinks by the pool are not worth the price. Saturday evening, we enjoyed a few drinks in the bar with a guitar player. The entertainment was good. At the end of our trip, there were 2 charges on our bill (mini-bar and movie) that we did not use. the charges were taken off the bill with a huge apology. Three years ago, we stayed at Disney. the grounds, rooms, staff, and quality of food for the price were about the same. The room key acts as an admission ticket to the front of the line at the parks----depending on the day, that can be a good perk! The walk to the parks and citywalk is easy, or you can wait a few minutes for the water taxi. Everything on our trip ran smoothly. The resort is a pleasant place to stay, but can be very expensive, especially if you're travelling with children and plan to eat at the resort. Relax and enjoy. Be sure to take a day to just sit by the pool! It's a great way to unwind before your trip home!

3  Thank dk04
Reviewed October 10, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Royal pacific for our 10th wedding anniversary. Being a loews first member, I was hoping to get a room upgrade, but none was available. On our second day there, they did bring us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries which was nice. We stayed on the club level, which we felt was worth the extra money. They put out a nice variety of items for breakfast. during the day they always had a nice slectioin of snacks and drinks, and later you could get free beer and wine with a nice assortment of cheeses and snacks. The room was a bit small but very comfortable. The express pass is worth the extra for staying on-site. The hotel restaurants are expensive, but if you get a chance do try Emeril's Tchoup Chop. The hotel pool is very nice and very big. You can eiter walk to the parks or take the water taxi, we never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the water taxi. You don't get as much attention as you would at a Disney property, but it is still pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank Mackenzie H
A TripAdvisor Member
blackpool england
Reviewed October 8, 2005

We checked into the royal pacific after staying for a week at disney all stars resorts -movies this could only be described as butlins. We had high hopes of the royal pacific and was not disappointed from the valet gentlemen to the checking in staff everyone was so helpful. Our children2 boys 10 and 8 were in heaven with the swimming pool the rooms were immaculate with just enough roomfor the 4 of us. We even had real knives and forks unlike the plastic at disney. Just one complaint the food was a little dear but very enjoyable. The room keys which could be used as fast passes were worth their weight in gold. The water taxis were excellent - say hello to Captain Hank we are hoping to return in 2007.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 22, 2005

We have annual passes to Universal, so on a whim my sister and I decided to take my 17 and 20 year old to Orlando. We've never stayed at the Royal Pacific, but found it very nice. It certainly has a tropical feel. It is a beautiful resort. We didn't eat any meals there but did have some nacho chips at the outdoor bar, they were pretty tasty (a little expensive, but you'd expect that at a resort). We stayed on the first floor in Tower I, which was a nice change since we didn't need to use the elevator except to go to the lobby. Our room was nice, clean, and roomy enough for the 4 of us. I wouldn't want to stay 3 or 4 days like that, but for the one night it was fine. The only complaint I have would be.... the noise. We could hear folks in the hall, especially at night, and occasionally heard our neighbors beside and above us. The staff was very friendly and pleasant. I would stay there again......but, I think I would try to find a room where there is not so much traffic.

• Stayed: September 2005