We just got back from our week's vacation at the Royal Pacific Resort. It is a Loew's hotel, along with the Portofino and the Hard Rock. We visited both of these other hotels during our stay and were very glad that we had chosen the Royal Pacific. Not that all of the bells and whistles at the other hotels didn't make us think twice at first! But after spending a night at each for dinner, we concurred that we had made a good choice in the Royal Pacific. Here are a few tips: the Club Quarters are worth every penny. Our kids are 6 and 9. Cereal, bagels, warm pastries, etc. every morning, afternoon snacks (chips, fruit, soda), a sort of happy hour thing (veggies and dip, pasta salads, small sandwich wraps, crackers and cheese) and free beer and wine also. Dessert is served also at the close of the evening (cakes and pies, cookies). Because the rooms are a bit smaller than other hotels, we spent time in the club quarters lounge almost every night. There are two t.v.'s and some games and toys for the kids.
The views stink from this hotel. ASK for a pool view, unless you don't mind looking at the interstate. The pool is very nice. The hotel was holding a convention for BEST BUY on our last day's stay. Suddenly, the hotel was sold out! Big disappointment to us because we were really enjoying the peace and quiet. Because this is a convention hotel, next time I will ask ahead of time if any are taking place (although Hard Rock was also sold out due to the BEST BUY people also). The room was nice...VERY clean. But I hated the sheets! Starched and rough. Ick.
Anyway, we found our stay to be very pleasant. Most of the staff were excellent. And we enjoyed Universal and especially Seaworld. But it's definitely not Disney. Disney resorts rate a little higher, I think.
All in all, we liked the Royal Pacific and would probably stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort