Recently stayed for two nights after a 4 night stay at DW. I stayed at the Grand Floridian at DW for a conference. I actually paid more for this room because I received conference rates at the GF. Is this room worth $300 a night? No.. Is it as nice as the GF? No... The room was average, nothing special, you don't get a fridge?? For $300 plus a night. The room was clean, and we did have a nice view of the pool and the empty Arizona ice tea can that someone threw in the bushes. Your paying for early access into the parks for the Harry Potter areas and yes it is worth if for that. You need to get up early though because the parks open at 8 am so you need to be at the parks by 7. Factor in that both Harry Potter areas are located in the back of the parks so it takes you an extra 15 minutes to get there once you enter the park. Definitely do the early park admission or else you will wait, wait and wait to get onto the ride. Plus if you want to walk around in the areas without bumping into people, go early. Then you can take advantage of the express pass you get by staying at the hotel and basically walk right on the other rides until about 11 am, then you will start to have to wait. But wait times are much better with the express pass so there is another perk to staying on site. Really at busy times there is no other way to do it unless you want to pay an extra $89 bucks for an express pass.
The pool area is great!!!!! They hand out frozen grapes, cold towels and sample slushy drinks throughout the day. Also have kids activities going on too. Be aware that the chairs go quickly so get one early. Drinks are expensive, $11 for cocktail, so take advantage of their happy hour 11-1 and 5-7, much more affordable.
One thing that was awful was having to listen to people in the halls getting ready to go to the parks early!! Doors slamming, kids running, even adults yelling. The halls echo so you will be woken up early if your not getting up. Acoustics are terrible, compared to the GF, well there isn't one .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Prestigia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort