Bottom line: This is the best location if you want the most-best access to Universal's Islands of Adventure - Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Use: www.orlandoinformer.com to build your own priority list for maximizing your time/minimizing your frustration at Universal Studios.
Worked for us: We booked our entire vacation directly through Universal Studios and received the AAA discount, along with the one hour early park admission, park entry tickets and so on. When we crossed over the moat bridge into the lobby of the Royal Pacific, we were met with friendly greetings and good service. The young man (from Maryland) who checked us in offered us several choices in rooms and we chose a quiet room. He put us on the 7th floor of tower 1, overlooking the pool. It was indeed a quiet room, large enough for 4 and well appointed.
Walk to the Islands of Adventure park entrance took us 7 minutes, including the stop to have my purse checked by security. Teen was able to do the walk in less time as he had no bags to carry. We are medium-fast walkers. Families with small children ride the water taxi but we thought that the walking path between the Royal Pacific and Citiwalk, which then leads to two parks was beautiful and rewarding in its lush tropical beauty. Just keep your eye out for Margaritaville to find the path back to the resort.
The only downside to the resort is that they don't always vacuum or dust every part of the room each night. We left tips of $3.50 to $6.50 each morning, hoping to signal for a more thorough cleaning but didn't receive any different service. The room was not dirty, just not spotlessly clean. Everything was in its place, the beds were made and the towels replaced. I might have wanted the mirrors to be polished daily and the carpets vacuumed more thoroughly.
Take Away: We each enjoyed our stay at this resort. The wifi in the lobby was enough for our needs. The parking was very convenient to drive out to pick up rainwear from Walmart and get out of the park for dinner. We liked the decor and relaxing atmosphere of this resort best when compared with Portofino (too stark and sterile to be Italy) and Hard Rock (not interesting to those who aren't into Rock legends). The resort added an island restfulness to our amusement park experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Prestigia, Cancelon, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort