“Become a Loews First Member” 5 of 5 bubbles

Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
Ranked #63 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
New Hampshire
“Become a Loews First Member”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2004

This hotel is fantasic. The rooms are small, but the attention the hotel staff gives you is very personal. They always call you by your name, even if it's just the Bellman picking-up your bags. By-passing all the lines @ Universal was awesome. The Water-Taxi is a nice touch.
If you have a family you will want to stay here just for the pool area.
Now for the inside scoop on how to get a great price. Before you do anything, sign-up as a Loews Member, it's FREE & intitles you to an upgraded room @ Check-In. Get the Entertainment Book/Universal Fan Club price of $169, but you'll have to book about 3months in advance. Don't ever pay full price, call the hotel directly & tell them you would like to apply these discounts. At Check-In, ask for "Club-Level" as your free upgrade. It's on the top floor, & comes with a free breakfast, afternoon beer/wine, evening desserts. None of the other hotel guests can access this floor. You can use your Key-Card anywhere in the park just like a Credit Card, & they will deliver your purchases right to your room. The only thing I could complain about: why do they charge you a small fee to use the phone in your room, and why do they need to charge $6 day($12 valet) to park a vehicle on their property.

7 Thank weege123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,670)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Columbia, Md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2004

My family stayed here during President's weekend. We loved it. The service was great. The room was very clean and pretty and we were well supplied everyday with towels, etc. The service in the restaurants was very good, too. My teenage boys loved it. We looked at the Hard Rock and the Portofino, but we all liked the Royal Pacific the best. We can't wait to go back again.

1 Thank parrotmom50
Hobe Sound, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2004

Stayed there on February 20th, 2004. The lobby is quite impressive. A big build up for a big let down. We checked in and found our room in a mess. The curtains were down and thrown in a ball on the couch. The bed was made, however someone had laid down on it and turned the bed spread down.

They moved us into another room. The shampoo and lotion bottles were opened and 3/4 empty. We were woken at 12:30 am and 2:00 am by rowdy guests.

The mattress would make a camel jealous. Nice decor, however quality is similar to a Hampton Inn. Not what I would expect after paying $210 per night.

The pool area is great.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2004

My partner and I stayed at the Royal Pacific for 2 nights in feb. It is absolutely amazing. I have noticed there are many bad reviews on here about the hotels but we never experienced anything terrible while visiting the beautiful resort. We are what you may call "Disney addicts" and normally visit WDW at least twice a year and stay on property. This time we gave Universal a try and all we can say is WOW!
The service at this hotel is impeccable! The staff is excellent and is how Disney used to treat their guest! Disney could really learn a thing or to from how this hotel is run. We found the cost of the room to be very reasonable especially when you pay $400 a night at the very similiar Polynesian resort at WDW and it is in awful need of renovation. The Royal Pacific Resort truly makes the Polynesian at Disney look like a motel 6. Will we return to Disney? Oh yes Im sure but it makes you think...just because it is Disney does not make it the best!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
cleveland, oh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2004

I just got back from 10 days at the RPR and would go back again
defintely- especially at a discounted rate...I was down at a conference
at the Portofino and chose to be away from the entire conference crowd.
I got a great rate through the entertainment guide...your best bet as
the price I got was more than 100.00 $ cheaper than the best conference
rate I could get.

I thought the staff was very congenial and accomodating- the first night we got there and requested a non-smoking room, the one they put us in smelt like smoke. They were very gracious about it; (although it's not there fault and just the idiots who smoke in non-smoking rooms to begin with) They immediately brought up a air purifier and deodorizing spray, and the next night send up a 25$ bottle of wine and mixed nuts as an apology. Although everthing is NOT cheap- you pay 10$ per pool side drink and much more for room service. The rooms were nothing great- sooo don't expect anything huge or spectacular- the decor is island pacific and a dark decor...I would never pay full price for this hotel, but if you can find a bargain, I truely believe you will feel swept away at this seemingly tropical paradise. The best bet is the "Express pass " that bypasses all the regular lines at Universal....SO WORTH IT , you can't even imagine. So don't let the stupid people's reviews of this place deter you...I'll be back..just try not to pay full price - 299 per night (unless your one of those that money is no issue) Try to get 165$ per night and at club level- then it's a great bargain!!!!!! Trust me, you can find this deal...

1 Thank D O
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2004

I stayed here with a group of girls for my friends B-Day Party. We had a great time..the rooms were very nicely decorated and the hotel itself made it seem like you were in the islands! The location is the key thing. It is within walking distance to all the parks as well as city walk. And as a hotel guest you get to cut the lines on every ride!!!
That was the best thing!! I would stay at the hotel just for that perk...we would walk by lines of over 100 people and go right to the front. I highly recommend the Royal Pacific.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2004

Your kidding me this is not paradise. I was checked into a room that already had a family of four in it. To their surprise me and my family came walking in on them. We were all shocked. As my family stood in the hall I went back to the front desk and met a smiling guy, the manager named Eric. I was so surprised when I told him what had happened, he laughed and said to me "good thing no one was naked" I almost fell over. I told him I didnt find this to be funny but very unprofessional.
We had a 7 day vacation planned for that hotel, but switched over to Disney because of this rude comment. Stay away from this hotel, SECURITY ISSUES!!!!!