My wife and I stayed at the Royal Pacific in May 2013 for our 10th wedding anniversary. I'd emailed a few details ahead and had a few emails back and forth regarding our anniversary. The staff were more than accommodating and went above and beyond anything I ever expected - credit goes to Jenny and Raymond for arranging everything.
We had booked a club room; however, during my email exchanges it was discover that we would be getting two queen beds rather than a king and a sofa - this isn't a huge deal but an adjustment was made unbeknownst to me to change it - I'd also mentioned that we were huge Universal fans (big kids) and it'd be great to have a room facing the park.....
We arrived at approximately 5pm and were directed to the car park. We decided to walk up to reception as we'd been sitting for the best part of 10 hours on the plane/driving to the hotel.
The lobby was quiet - and we were welcomed, checked in, and congratulated on our anniversary, then sent over to the concierge area to get our express passes, which is a very quick and easy process (using the passes in the parks is invaluable, I'm not sure I'd ever do Universal without them, we literally never waited longer than 5 mins for any ride - apart from those excluded from the express benefit).
We then went up to our room - top floor of the Royal Tower. We walked into the room and were gobsmacked. The view of the park was amazing. We were also overlooking the huge pool. The room itself was as you'd expect, very clean and well maintained - we had absolutely no issues with it. After 5 minutes of settling in there was a knock at the door - and in walked a staff member with a cheese and fruit platter and a bottle of wine. Completely complimentary. Brilliant.
The Club Lounge was nice - lots of complimentary food and drinks - including alcohol if you want it. The concierge that greeted us on the day of arrival was very helpful, incredibly nice and full of helpful information - definitely speak to him if you get the chance.
The facilities at the hotel looked great - although to be honest we were out so much that we didn't get a chance to use the pool, gym, bars or restaurants (other than Emerils Tchop Chop..more on that later)
The water taxi is a great way to arrive in CityWalk, but walking is also pleasant and quiet. Even late at night we felt quite safe, although I'd not do the walk unaccompanied.
On the day of our anniversary, we returned from a busy day at the parks to a bottle of chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! Again, brilliant! We were also treated the next day by Stephen in the Club lounge - again with more chocolate covered strawberries! We also had a meal at the Tchoup Chop - the food was great as we expected it to be. At the end of the meal the waiter arrived with some lovely ice cream with "Happy 10th Anniversary" written on the plate in chocolate - its little touches like this really made our trip a special and memorable one.
The grounds of the hotel are lovely - so lush with greenery - and I'd also like to add that although we were in a room overlooking the pool, we were never kept awake by music or activities, on the couple of nights we did go to bed early.
We will definitely be returning. Had an absolutely amazing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort