Stayed for 7 nights at the Royal Pacific Resort Hotel from 10th May 2013 – 17th May 2013 in a standard King room.
Prior to check in, we had emailed the hotel requesting that the room be de-feathered (i.e. swap out the feather pillows for synthetic ones). At check in we were told that this had been done – however when we settled in the room – we both had allergy problems and realised the de-feathering had not been done.
The room was big enough for the 2 of us with plenty of storage but is smaller than the rooms in the 2 other resort hotels. We had a room overlooking the front of the hotel / parks on the 5th floor. The room was a little tired in areas. Our sink was badly cracked which was a little offputting and the bottom of the vanity mirror was rusty which wasn’t great.
In my opinion the food at the Royal Pacific is the best of the 3 resort hotels. For a lighter breakfast on the go the Orchid Court is great. If you fancy something more substantial the choice at the buffet breakfast at Islands is amazing. If you like Asian food, you will enjoy Islands for dinner – I recommend the Kung Pao chicken with crispy noodles, but our favourite is the wok evenings on a Friday and Saturday where you pay a fixed price and then choose the meat/fish, veg and sauce that you’d like that you combine with rice or noodles as a chef cooks it in front of you. This is really fun and with a fixed price you can eat as much as you want. Jakes is also great for meals – the grilled cheese and tomato sandwich here is really special.
The pool is fun – rather than having a water slide there is a children’s play area with lots of water cannons etc. The pool side treats are really nice – e.g. cold towels, frozen grapes etc The poolside food is amazing – I can recommend the chicken tenders with the teriyaki glaze and the chicken quesadilla.
The hotel theming is beautiful and it does feel very tropical. One of my favourite moments is in the early morning when the dew is still around and the smell of the plants is amazing.
All in all an excellent hotel – We stayed at all 3 Universal resort hotels during the trip (see my other reviews) and this one is my joint favourite. Although it’s not quite as luxurious as the Portofino, it feels so tropical you do feel like you have been transported to a tropical oasis, the food is great and it is a very short easy walk to Islands of Adventure which is great if you are going for the early opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Tip – The airline check in kiosks by the concierge make it very quick and easy to get your boarding passes printed out if you are flying home
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort