Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
  • Restaurant
Floridian Express(Orlando)
  • Breakfast included
11,064 results
All reviewsexpress passwater taxicity walkislands of adventureislands dining roombula barharry potterorchid loungetchoup chopearly admissionfast passboth parksuniversal orlandoroom keyearly accessclub levelboat ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We just recently came back from 5 days here. The hotel gave us a room on our first day early (we arrived at 7am!) and all of the staff were terrific for our entire stay. The best "value" for breakfast is in the Lobby, especially if you have kids or picky morning eaters. They also have a terrific assortment of pillows and very quickly delivered them to us after our check in. The pool area is nice and relaxing and the addition of sand and a volleyball court is very nice. Catching the boat anywhere takes a while but everything is a quick walk from the hotel. The concierge desk was very informative and easy to deal with, and the Hertz rental counter in the hotel was very convenient. Our only problem was the crazy women who kept us up on our last night of our stay. The next morning the Night manager was quick to come out and apologize about the noise and to make amends to us for the problem. I got the impression that Florida State law kept her from having the woman taken else ware to work out her problems.

Room Tip: We were lucky to get rooms on the 7th floor of the 2nd tower so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank volksplane
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at this resort in May of 2012, and had a marvelous time. The comments others have made about a relaxing vacation are an understatement. From the moment you enter the resort, you literally never have to think of the outside world again, what with the water taxis which run right to CityWalk, or the convenient walking paths, this resort has it all. We opted to stay on the concierge level, and while it has an added expense, my family felt it was worth it because of the meals provided all day. From continental breakfast in the morning to a hot entree and free spirits each night, we found a variety of options to keep our palates happy (e.g. the Caribbean Jerk Tilapia the first night was wonderful!). This also allowed free access to the fitness center, which has a hidden treasure: a whirlpool closed off only to fitness center guests. Express pass and WWOHP early access were just an icing on the cake. It was overall a wonderful experience, and I would highly recommend not only a stay here, but on the concierge level as well. If you want a hectic free, relaxing vacation which you plan your way, then Universal might be the place for you.

Room Tip: If you book early enough, you can ask for a theme park view...this is definitely worth it. Also, I would highly recommend you request concierge level. See review for why.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EvanL505
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We enjoyed our one night stay at this resort. The boat transfer to the parks is very convenient (the walk would probably be nice too - but not just before 8 hours in the park!). The bed was a little uncomfortable for my husband and I, but we are a little spoiled as far as beds go. The room was well appointed with a small Kuerig machine (with a couple of coffees/teas provided), a nice flat screen TV, and plenty of space for clothing/belongings in the closet drawers. The bathroom was also nice with the mirror and sink separated from the toilet and shower - get for one getting ready while another showers. We took some time to walk through the shops and we ate at the Tchoup Chop (we loved the food from a previous visit when we didn't stay at the hotel). The pool area is very well laid out, but we only had time to use the hot tub and it was perfect for the end of a long day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank tigtraveling
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Universal Studios Orlando and as we always do at Disney, we opted to stay on property for the convenience of getting to / from the parks. This is the cheaper of the two current Universal hotels and we really didn't see the need to spend extra money for the Portofino. We stayed for three nights after driving down from Atlanta. On site parking is easy, simply drive into the parking lot, take a ticket to enter and park, but then the front desk will throw the ticket away. The parking fee is charged directly to your room and if you need to leave / re-enter the parking lot at any time, you can simply use your room key.

First off, a HUGE benefit to staying on property is the inclusion (at the time of this review) of the Universal Express Pass. There is a charge to purchase an Express Pass for both the Islands of Adventure and the Universal Studios park, it can be quite expensive. Having this included in the hotel fees was well worth the price of the room alone quite honestly. Instead of waiting 45-50 minutes for certain attractions, we went directly to the front of the line.

Additionally, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens one hour early exclusively for resort guests. So if you really want to make sure you get to do the "Forbidden Journey of Harry Potter" this perk is also worth the price of the room. During busy seasons that ride alone can have queues from 2-4 hours from what the park workers told us. There is NO Express Pass for that ride, so the only way to get into a short queue is to go during the early hours.

Getting to the parks themselves is a snap between the walkway to CitiWalk (about a 10 minute walk) or Water Taxi that runs about every 15 minutes until about 2am. Both theme parks are attached to CitWalk so that serves as a great central hub between the theme parks and the dining / shopping in CitiWalk. We honestly did not touch our car the entire three nights we were here.

Ok, back to the resort, the theme is South Pacific and they start right off nicely with frog sculptures as you walk up to the front door. Lobby is beautiful, though check in is not really clearly identified, it's to your left when you walk in. There is a beautiful water fountain, small park area in the middle of the lobby with elephant statues spraying water. There's some nice tables and chairs and I encourage you to take some time to enjoy a cup of coffee out there.

Room was very clean and functional. We had a king bed with a full size sofa so there was plenty of room for the two of us to stretch out and lay out all of our electronics and chargers. We did bring a power strip with us on this trip to make charging the phones, iPad and laptop easier. Since we drove, we did bring our own pillows, I will note that the pillows are the "way too soft" type that seems to be prevalent in most hotels these days.

Plenty of hot water in the shower. One cup Keurig machine is included in the room and while I'm not a fan of the coffee pods, I do have to admit the included Emeril brand coffee pods were some of the better pods I've tasted. I much prefer fresh ground coffee in the morning, but this was a reasonable substitute if you want to have coffee in the room. Certainly MUCH better than those pre-stuffed filters that some hotels use. But if you have your own favorite flavors of Keurig coffee, just bring your own pods.

The staff all around was simply outstanding. Very friendly and in my case, I accidentally left my credit card at a CitiWalk restaurant. Two gentlemen at the baggage services spent ten minutes tracking down the phone number and manager of the restaurant to confirm they had it. They didn't have to do that, but they went out of their way to help me and after a short boat ride to CitiWalk, credit card was back in hand.

We honestly did not take advantage of the pool area this time around, but it was beautiful and it looked like they had some activities going on from time to time. We walked by during a belly flop contest. A full service bar, ping pong tables and even outdoor billiards tables round out the pool area.

The Islands Restaurant below the main lobby is a decent place to grab some breakfast before heading over to the parks if you want. Think on-par with a Denny's or IHOP. Nothing fantastic but good. We did not try the Jake's American grill on this trip. Optionally, I will say that there is a Croissant Moon Bakery to the right shortly after you walk into Islands of Adventure that is an excellent place to grab your morning cup of coffee and breakfast. Probably a better option than the Islands Restaurant, especially if you grab one of the outdoor tables and people watch as everyone comes into the park. The Universal Studios park also had a very nice bakery on your right as you enter that park that seems to have many of the same offerings. We ended up arriving at the park at 8am to do the Harry Potter ride and then came back to the Croissant Moon for breakfast and people watching.

Now the Tchoup Chop by Emeril near the pool area was absolutely outstanding. We had dinner here our first night and I was a little bit leery of it as I had heard some disappointing things about the Emeril restaurant that used to be in Atlanta. But this was his take on asian flavors and was nothing short of outstanding. Wait staff was very attentive, knew the menu well to assist my wife with vegetarian options.

In fact I would mention that at all the restaurants we tried on Universal property, Latin Quater, NASCAR Grill & Bob Marley Experience, the wait staffs were outstanding. All knew the menus well, all had great suggestions for both myself and my wife, and all had the perfect balance of being attentive, but leaving us alone to enjoy.

The ONLY gotcha is that I signed up for one day of WiFi service in the room (yes they charge for it) but they automatically re-upped me for a second day after the initial 24 hours ran out. I didn't ask for that and was expecting the service to simply prompt me when the initial 24 hours ran out like every other hotel I've ever stayed in. So be aware of that and certainly talk to the front desk if you have that happen to you. The GOOD thing about the WiFi is that it is charged by the room, NOT by device like some rip-off hotels do. So pay once, use it on as many devices as you want.

All in all and outstanding trip, would highly recommend Royal Pacific Resort as a place to base your Universal Studios trip.

Room Tip: We opted for the cheapest rooms they had and were on the 5th floor of Tower 2 with a view of both the garden area below and I-75 / Orlando in the distance. So it was a mixed view of sorts but honestly, we didn't pay for this room for the "gorgeous view." We paid for the convenience of being near the parks and view notwithstanding, the hotel itself was simply goergous.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank biscardicreative
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Aloha biscardicreative!

It was so delightful to read about the fantastic vacation you experienced at our resort! Thank you for your kind words and the details regarding your enjoyable stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our in-room wireless service, but we are pleased your stay was still a positive one. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort!

Mahalo!
Larry Beiderman, General Manager

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The main benefit of staying here is the early admission to Harry Potter Land, which my colleagues and I took full advantage of while there. I was actually here on a business trip and our meetings planner put me in a ground-level room, which was rather dark and very muggy. Even with the AC on, the carpet never stopped feeling damp. The furnishings seemed outdated, but I find that the hotels I've stayed in that are associated with theme parks rely more on their location than their facilities to attract guests.

A major downside of the resort from a professional standpoint was that a good portion of the meeting rooms (as well as the guest room I stayed in) could not get a cell phone signal inside. Having to go out into the hallway and wander around holding our cell phones in the air to call other colleagues definitely inhibited productivity. Would not recommend for business events.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Aloha SuiteLife101!

Thank you for you candid feedback of your recent business stay at our resort. We are truly apologetic for any inconveniences you faced regarding your room features and the cellular reception of the resort. We are pleased you were able to take advantage of the Universal early park admission, and we hope that we can welcome you back to the resort to show you the true “aloha” spirit of staying with us.

Mahalo!