“Beautiful resort, but better like your neighbors....”

Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
Ranked #59 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Perry Hall, Maryland
“Beautiful resort, but better like your neighbors....”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The intitial impression of the hotel is superb. The entry way lined with cute frogs and the lobby set the tone of the hotel well. The staff was helpful and check in went very smoothly. The benefits(early entry into the Parks) etc. was explained as well as how to get to our room and other highlights. The room itself, although small, was really cute and the decor very nice. I loved the Kuerig for coffee in the morning and the bathroom layout. The bed linens were great and the beds were heavenly. It was extremely clean compared to Disney hotels, which I love, but aren't always as clean as they could be. Unfortunately the walls are paper thin. You can hear everything in the rooms above and next to you. I mean everything. The sound in the hallway carries right into the room and people seem to think you want to know that they had a great time when they come home at 2:30am. Now, it isn't the hotels fault people are rude, but it does seem to be a design flaw that the walls weren't better insulated. Would stay again, but would be prepared for a noisy night. Very convenient to City Walk and the Parks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Aloha from the Loews Royal Pacific Resort! We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. We're thrilled that you enjoyed our frogs, our beds, our coffee, the parks....it's a shame that your otherwise flawless stay was tainted due to noise disturbances. For future reference, we would be more than happy to try to locate a room in a quieter location for you. Hopefully you'll give us the chance. Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank You Very Much!)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,739)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
boston
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The royal pacific hotel was very nice place to stay. The staff were friendly and very helpful.
The room was a little on the small side for three people but we didn't spend much time in the room. The beds were very comfortable, nice TV, and the hotel was family oriented but not overrun with kids. We bought the bed and breakfast plan which was worth it since the buffet breakfast was 20/per person and 10 for our daughter. The hotel is a 5-8 minute walk to city walk and the parks. The early access and express pass that you get by staying at the park was well worth the money of staying here. My daughter got to ride all her favorites many times.

Overall, we were very happy with this hotel. The staff cater to your every need. They even got my daughter and ice cream when the ice cream place was closed.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool area in building on. Very nice view and close to all amenities.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank You Very Much) for taking the time to share your thoughts with others, and posting this very nice review. It's great to hear that we left such a memorable impression on you, and that we were able to help your daughter with her ice cream fix. :-) Hopefully we can do it again soon. Mahalo!
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I wanted to love this hotel and I only ended up liking it. I'm an admitted Disney-phile, so going to Universal was definitely like cheating on Disney. But we were prepared to delight in our Universal affair and in particular with the Royal Pacific Resort. The entrance with the bridge and frogs is awesome, the interior is pretty nice, the express pass and early entry is nice too, but the rooms for $300 don't come with much. It was like an old Holiday Inn.. All the $ is spent on the exterior and my room was ehh and the bathroom really ugly with peach bathrooms. Our value resort room on Disney property was nicer. I'm hard to impress with a big pool cause we have a pool at our house (ok yeah not that big, but just being bigger with more water doesn't do it). I have just stayed at so many other places (including Disney properties) where $300+ gets a nice cool room, a balcony, upgraded bathroom, more sq ft, and the cool entrance/ lobby/ pool as well. All that being said, it's nice and close to Islands of Adventure, the pathway is easy to find, mosquitoes hang out by the pathway so as dawn and dusk use bug spray, and absolutely take advantage of early admission to either park and the express pass. My other frustration at this hotel was lack of a decent food court, but I guess you can just eat in the parks (we wanted to eat before the parks opened). Am I fan? No. Will I stay here to get early admission and express pass? Yes. BTW--in one day we did all of both parks. This was a Monday in Oct in low season and we did none of the biggest roller coasters because my son is not old/ tall enough but we did everything he could do (the Mummy, Forbidden Journey etc). So it's worth it to stay here for early admission and express pass. We stayed one night, but checked in at 7 am and left bags there, got our passes, went to the parks for a full day. They texted us letting us know our room # and that our room keys were active after the room was ready (around 2 if I recall). We took an afternoon break at the pool and went back at dinner. We were able to book the breakfast at the Three Broomsticks at concierge desk that afternoon for the next morning after we went to early admission again. So take advantage of what you are really paying $300 for--unlimited express pass, concierge a la carte type access to package options like the Three Broomsticks Breakfast, and early admission. You are not getting a $300 room and I wouldn't want to stay there a week for a whole vacation. BTW--they charge the usual ridiculous parking fees, but since valet was like a whole $3 more ($25 vs $22 I think to self park but verify that) I just used valet. They had my car waiting when I gave them a 5 min heads up that we were heading out. Good service all the way around.

Room Tip: get there early the day you check in! You can get 2 days of express pass/ early admission with 1 ni...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank farfalla818
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here 7 nights at the start of november, the hotel was fantastic all the staff are so helpful and nothing seems to be to much trouble, we had a standard room with garden view on the 4th floor, rooms have everything needed and the beds are super comfy. We rented one of the private cabanas round the pool these are superb with fridge, tv, non alcoholic drinks a personal server so you dont have to move if you dont want to, the pool itself is fab and the water heated, there is a lady running around arranging games for the kids. The major benefit from this hotel as previously stated by others is the fast pass and the early entry to harry potter this all works superbly and we didnt have to wait more than five mins for anything. Breakfast service was great if you like omelettes they have a chef just making them to your own order they were superb. Overall a great hotel I would not hesitate in going back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Aloha from the Islands! What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with others. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, including the amenities like the cabanas, the helpful staff, and those perks over at Universal. Hope to see you again soon. Mahalo!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here for two nights for HHNs and the park. I have stayed at HRH and these rooms are on the smaller size but still nice sized. The room was clean and very comfortable with very comfortable queen sized beds. The temp in the room was nicely controlled by the individual thermostats. The room had a 40 in television and Kerig coffee maker with a selection of coffees that are complimentary. The pools was a comfortable temp and big enough that no one was crowded altho the hotel was pretty full. The island theme is beautiful and even tho it is in the middle of a theme park complex the hotel complex is quiet and peaceful as if you were in the middle of nowhere. The hotel offers boats that take you up to the main park area if you do not feel like walking along the beautifully landscaped walk ways. The restaurants in the hotel were somewhat expensive. The charge for parking and room internet to me is ridiculous with the price of the rooms being on the high size but the room rate included express passes for the park which were great. Parking and internet should be included in the room rate as it is everywhere else including Disney. I think I prefer HRH this property for the difference in price but then maybe next time I will try the PBH next time.

Room Tip: rooms in the tower near the pool has quicker access to the parks
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aloha, and Mahalo (thanks) for sharing your thoughts. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities in the room, the great lagoon pool, the proximity to the parks, and our South Pacific resort theme. Hopefully we can delight you again in the future!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Obviously, you stay here for the Universal Studios connection. The early access (which by the way is to Islands of Adventure only) and especially the express pass give you lots of opportunity to ride everything as much as you can want (you can easily exhaust yourself.) The hotel is a short water taxi ride from the park but you'll probably arrive faster if you just walk, and it's a pleasant stroll.
As for the hotel itself- the room was large and clean and well maintained. Basic toiletries were provided; washcloths showed up on the second day. But I found it very frustrating that really basic information wasn't provided-- hotels always provide a book listing amenities and services, and there was (a rather worn) one, but it didn't contain very basic info like how to get ice;the clock was covered with instructions for synching any kind of MP3 player, but we couldn't find out how to correct the time or set the alarm. Apparently there was no refrigerator, or at least there was no access to it- there was a locked console under the TV, but no key and no reference to it in the useless instruction book. What hotel supposedly catering to kids doesn't provide a place to keep drinks and snacks cold? i don't think the room provided value for the price.

Room Tip: Top floor has good view. You can hear road noise or coasters from the room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha from the Loews Royal Pacific Resort, and thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. While we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort and theme parks overall, it is disappointing to hear that you were left with an impression that your guest room lacked value. As it is our goal to always improve the level of value for our guests, your feedback is certainly appreciated. Hopefully you will reconsider staying with us again in the future. Mahalo!
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I felt that during my stay Front Desk Agent David Woodstein Showed me exceptitional Coutrsey and he was willing to work with me as I needed specific requests during my stay. And David showed exceptional knowlege and was willing to work out what ever situation I had. He should be complimented and considered for an upgrade. As he is one of the most professional front desk agents that I have recieved in my many visits here to the Royal Pacific Resort. David has gone the extra mile to make our stay (My son and I) above and beyond and beyond the call of duty. His professionalism and personallity should be made part of his file. David Showed respect and was willing to do what it takes to make our visit exceptinal.

I had allot choices in where I could stay in Orlando and more often than not my family and I have choosen to stay here at the Royal Pacific Resort. And we shal return soon! The courtsey that I have been shown is most professional!

Room Tip: Third tower or on the third floor.
1 Thank John H