This was a 1 night stay in September.
Arrived at the hotel early and kindly provided with a room. The check in agent explained the location of the room and provided us with our room keys, explaining we would need to obtain our express passes from the machines in the lobby area.
Lovely - I cannot fault the lovely room. It was very cool, spacious with nice complimentary toiletries - smelt amazing!
Excellent location, easily accessible to Citywalk and the parks. You have the option for a short 10 minute walk or a boat ride - both very easy.
I'm extremely disappointed by the staff and management of this hotel. Our room keys would not allow the express passes to be printed - we waited 30 minutes whilst the staff tried various keys and then advised us to walk to the park - queue up at Guest Services. I explained we wanted to get early access (an advertised perk) - they were extremely unhelpful and didn't apologise at all. We ended up getting to Universal entrance at 8:30 (already 30 minutes of early opening lost) and queued for 15 minutes for an express pass. By the time we got the express pass, it was pointless and the rest of the park was open.
Upon returning to the hotel, I asked for the managers details to make a complaint as I felt the staff had not been helpful and the fact we missed a perk we had paid for left me feeling negative. No one assisted and I was advised no management were available.
The following morning, we had further issues and the keys had to be re-issued twice before the express pass worked - again losing 30 minutes. Rather than get irate, we decided to forget it and follow up on our return.
Since getting back, I have emailed the hotel on 2 occasions requesting the details to make a complaint and no response! Simply unacceptable and such a disappointment.
This hotel is lovely but the service leaves a lot to be desired! I will not stay again as service does make up a bit percentage of the overall stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Prestigia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort