“Perfect Family hotel for Orlando”

Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
Ranked #57 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here in May 2012 with wife and two children under 8 years.

Hotels location was brilliant and linked with there superb fast pass made visiting the Universal parks brilliant. Hotel was close to Sand lake Road which meant a 20 minute drive and you were in Disney world.

Hotel itself was lovely, good attentive staff. Rooms are what you would expect in price bracket. The best thing was the heated pool and poolside amenities, kids loved it especially the movies in the pool, ace.

We upgraded to Club which gave us breakfast and free drinks all day. The only down side was that there was alcohol served between 4.30 and 6.30. We generally missed this as we did not get back from the parks until 7 pm and a drink before going out for a meal at 7 or 8 would have been better. A minor complaint on what is a great family hotel

• Stayed: May 2012
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Aloha, and thank you for your comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your resort experience and took full advantage of the services and amenities available. We look forward to being your host for many more visits. Mahalo!

There are newer reviews for Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Loews has it all together with their coordination of Universal/Islands of Adventure express tickets and options. We strolled through al rides and exhibits without any stress at all and then retreated back to our lovely hotel room for well deserved relaxation.

Our room was near the elevators on the 4th floor of Tower II;no trouble with noise and a beautiful garden view. I wish we had gotten the water/park view we requested, but still I was not disappointed in the large two room accommodation. A most comfortable king bed in one room and then a connecting sitting room (open out sofa) with chairs and desk. There was a TV in both rooms. Then linens are superb; I wish I knew where to purchase them;I could have stayed in that bed all day. Of course then I would have missed Harry Potter!

The entire feel of this resort is relaxed and comfortable. I was disappointed in both Tchop Chop and the Islands resturants. Tchop Chop certainly does not live up to its esteemed reputation. The food was ok, but nothing special and very pricey and the Islands was the same. My impression of both was old and stale. We had dinner at each and next time I will go off site to dine.

My only other comment is: why is the room bar locked and where is the key? I wanted a coke about midnight, but found it locked and was too lazy to make an effort to find out.

In summary, we would stay at Loews Royal Pacific again, but would not dine there. We would take the car out of valet parking and go to Seasons or Cuba Libre.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The Loews Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando was amazing! The interior design was beautiful, and the rooms were nice and cozy. The hotel was fantastic. The pool outdoors was relaxing, and we went down to the pool often for a day of relaxation. The pool is gigantic, and the food down there is delicious. Not to mention the eary-morning water taxis that run all day, taking you from the hotel to Universal Studios. Universal is amazing! And with the Loews Royal Pacific hotel passes, you don't have to wait in lines for rides! They just scan the card and you get in, lots sooner. Plus, you can get into the theme parks an hour earlier! The trip to Florida was fantastic thanks ot the Loews Royal Pacific Resort! I loved it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chloe267036
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed for two nights at this beautifully landscaped resort. Convenient for both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. Fun pool although we never used it - always seemed to have plenty of loungers available. Rooms nicely appointed and very clean. Beds REALLY comfortable!! All staff very polite and helpful. Only drawback - no free wi-fi, charge of (I think) $10 daily. Advantage of being hotel guest means you have express access to all the rides and early entry to the Harry Potter area, which does get and stays very busy.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Now to be fair, my expectations were high for this property so that may reflect my review of this hotel. We had just stayed 8 days at Floridays (fantastic) and then were spending our last two days at Universal. I chose this hotel primarily because it was the cheaper option and my Harry Potter mad son desperately wanted early entry into Islands of Adventure.

The check in was really terrific - we arrived at 12pm and our room was ready so that was a huge tick. But the rooms were really small for 2 adults and 2 kids and the bathroom was tiny.

My kids and I turned on our laptops to find that we were going to be charged for wi-fi at the price of $25 for 3 days - EACH!! Now that was ridiculous. I don't like paying for wi-fi to start with, but having to pay $75 for 3 computers was bizarre. I phoned the concierge who put me through to the front desk who offered to give me a rebate on one of the $25 charges. (Upon check out I discovered that I did not get the credit, but on completing the hotel survey, they did in fact credit my Visa with the entire cost of the wi-fi - thank you very much.)

We were on the club floor so we got breakfast in the morning and supper/happy hour in the evening. The food was really average, but I guess we weren't really 'paying' for it, so it was ok. The beer in the evening was good but they ran out of my preferred brand with 45 mins to go which I thought was pretty ordinary. On the plus side, the employees working in the evening were particularly pleasant and happy to help us in every way.

The express pass and the early entry into Islands of Adventure were good but it was a pretty high price to pay for it.

I don't think we would return to this hotel, but even if it had been a flawless experience, we probably wouldn't return, as we have now 'done' Universal Orlando.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We did a quick one-day tour of Universal's Islands of Adventure the day we returned from a cruise. We arrived at the hotel around 10:00 a.m. knowing we likely wouldn't be able to get into our room yet. When I got to the front desk, the hotel employee confirmed our room was not yet ready, but noticed one that hadn't been occupied the night before and got us into that one. Because we arrived at an odd time, there was no wait to get our park passes at the hotel. My husband did that while I checked in. Within 1/2 hour of arriving at the hotel, we were on our way to have fun at the park. The VIP pass was an added bonus and was one of the reasons I decided to stay on a Universal property. Even though the park was not crowded the day we went, we still saved about 2 1/2 hours waiting in line.

The hotel itself is wonderful - the decor inviting and warm, but not stuffy. The rooms were spotless and plenty large enough for the two of us plus our luggage. The beds were comfortable and the walk to the park was beautiful.

We had an early morning flight the next day. The bell stand made arrangements to have transportation lined up at 5:00 a.m. The price difference between the private car and a taxi was only about $10, so we opted for the private car which worked out very nicely.

I highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again - hopefully for a longer period of time on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel in early May for two nights before heading off to Disney. We stayed on the 6th floor, but had a club level access room. First off let me start about the exceptional customer service we received at this hotel; everybody from the minute we pulled into the parking lot greeted us with a smile! The valets and the bell hops were so kind and accommodating and check in was a breeze! The pool area was gorgeous and the recreation staff at the pool was outstanding! The staff at the club level were also outstanding! The walk to Islands of Adventure was a breeze and quite enjoyable, and we took the boat to city walk for access to Universal Studios. The express pass was awesome and we will never visit Universal again without it! My only disappointment with this hotel was that there was no balcony to sit and relax on and the room was rather small, but these things are minor and will not stop us from visiting Royal Pacific again!

1  Thank Schalipoo