“Good Service, Clean, Great Access to all Attractions!”

Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
Ranked #62 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Newton, Massachusetts
“Good Service, Clean, Great Access to all Attractions!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

A pacific island theme would not be my first choice in Orlando since it lacks authenticity but I would say they did a good job at this hotel and it is not too much over the top for a conference (as I did) or families. Getting to the hotel and around town is very easy and the Universal location puts it at the heart of everything including I-Drive, downtown, Disney, etc. Even getting to Winter Park for real dining is relatively easy if you avoid rush hour.

The room was by no means extraordinary but it was fresh and clean. The hotel is rather large and if you have an extremity room, it is a bit of walk from one end to the other, but such is the nature of any large hotel. The pool area is nice and the bar staff there did a fabulous job keeping up with the loads of people pouring out of our conference. They also executed a nice luau banquet in one of the gardens of the hotel which was really well done. Would definitely come here for another conference, not sure if it would be my first choice for a family vacation, but would consider it again!

Room Tip: Ask for a more central room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Manny S
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Aloha from Loews Royal Pacific Resort! Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay during a conference. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our resort's location, amenities and service . We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort, whether it's for business or pleasure. Mahalo!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,705)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jane Lew, West Virginia
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I just returned from my 4th stay at the Royal Pacfic in the last year. This is a great location with a wonderful staff! The hotel is located on the Universal property set amongst tropical flowers and plants.

The buffet breakfast is amazing with an omelet station, lots of fruit and fruit juices, great oatmeal, and everything you could ask for in a buffet. The room plan we booked included breakfast.

The hotel offers a water taxi to ride to the parks and city walk. There is also a wonderful walking trail the goes to the parks/city walk area and the other 2 resort hotels (Hard Rock and Portofino Bay). The walking trail is great for a morning or evening walk.

We received a basket from the front desk with snacks and other goodies to enjoy. The whole staff is absolutely wonderful!

Room Tip: Join the loyalty program (you first) for great perks such a free Internet, fitness center access, an...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We are so pleased to know that you had a memorable vacation at our resort! We hope to welcome you back very soon. Mahalo!
Virginia
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely five night stay here. My husband attended a conference and my son and I had plenty of time to enjoy the resort. Here are a few observations: service is incredible, we did not meet a staff member who did not seem genuinely happy to be at work. I loved the bell staff, they remembered us each day and were really helpful. One day my son wasnt feeling well and the housekeeper came by and just took our trash and restocked our room, she was really sweet. The pool was great, the life guards are really attentive which I appreciated since my son cant swim yet. We tried all the restaurants and they were very decent. Islands was a nice surprise although our appetizer was a tiny portion the garlic chicken was super yummy. Jakes was also good, a little slow to get the food but again really nice servers. I was most dissapointed with the onsite Emerils Tchop chop. My meal was terrible and way overpriced, service was also terrible, everyone in there seemed depressed.

My only complaint about this hotel is there is a little bit of lack of attention to detail. Areas could be rennovated, the pool spray park didnt work one day which was a bummer and parts ofit didnt work when it was on, things seem a little past their prime.

Overall it is a beautiful property, close to universal and really great sevice. We always stay at Disney, we are DVC members but I would definitley stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Aloha and thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and sincerely apologize for any inconsistencies you experienced. We truly hope to welcome you back soon!
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Royal Pac was a wonderful hotel. Beautiful landscaping, wonderful theming (WW2 South Pacific), great staff. And the Universal amenities were very useful. The Potter extra hour was worth it- it got crowded much later and the area is very tight.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank jimsguts
Aloha from the Loews Royal Pacific Resort! We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed such a wonderful resort experience, including our theme, staff and the great amenities that come with staying on-site. We hope you will return for another incredible visit. Mahalo!
Fairmont, WV
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The resort was beautifully decorated, clean and inviting. The staff members were all friendly, professional and caring--especially the friendly lady who cleaned our room. Our room was on the 7th floor with an amazing view--very comfortable, clean and quiet.

The only negative for us was the fact that the wifi didn't work in our room. We had counted on having wifi and were quiet disappointed. We did report the problem but it wasn't fixed while we were there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Zebra71
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Let me put it out there from the start that I find the whole idea of Orlando a little cheesy. This is undesirable swamp land in the middle of Florida nowhere near a beach that is now probably the second make-believe mecca behind Vegas. I know why families go at least once to do the Disney thing, but why people return again and again is beyond me. That said, I was forced to go for a convention and had to stay here.

GOOD
- Received a discounted rate with was $202 per night after all taxes and fees. I think that is pretty darned pricey, so I can't imagine what normal stay must cost. However, for that price, some perks....including free Wireless Internet, and free fast pass through lines at Universal, which is actually a really good perk. As part of our group, we were able to buy an afternoon pass (after 2PM) to Universal alone for $56 or both Universal and Islands for $71. You are also in a really good location probably 10 minute walk or 5 minute free boat ride to Universal Studios/ Citywalk. Boat runs about ever 15 mins 7AM until 2AM.
- The whole property is very nice and well maintained with good grounds and a nice pool. Why I am pretending like I am in Hawaii and being greeted with Aloha in the middle of Florida, is another question.
- I specifically asked for a high floor room away from the elevator and received it. As a result, my room was VERY QUIET, probably one of the most quiet I have stayed in. The A/C is an in-wall unit and also very quiet.
- Nice room amenities - bed and bedding were all nice and comfy. Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffees and teas (nice!). Large flat screen HDTV. Room was nice and large too.
- Long, hot showers every single day. So important.
- Free daily newspaper delivery.
- All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

NEGATIVE
- Reception on the TV didn't work for a couple of days during my stay - it was static and the channels didn't match the guide. Worked fine the rest of the time.
- Bathroom itself is pretty small and pretty basic for a high end property. Tub/ Shower combo style unit with separate outdoor sink.
- Some days they ran out of my choice newspaper (WSJ) and substituted another.
- Only one trash can in the entire room - kind of annoying.
- Clock was set fast by 15 minutes and does not allow for adjustment.

Overall, this was nicer than I expected and a decent place to stay for a convention if I must be stuck in Orlando. If I was here on vacation only for Universal properties, it may be worthwhile to stay here so you can take a shuttle to save on parking/gas/car and then also get the fast pass. Otherwise, you could easily stay in Orlando somewhere else for half the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank usflyer
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for this detailed feedback. We apologize for the issue with the TV signal during your stay. This was an unusual incident and it has been resolved with the appropriate vendors. If your travels bring you back to the Orlando area, we hope that you will consider returning to stay with us.
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is my third time visiting this hotel and each time it gets better. The hotel is stunning and the staff so very professional. The room was very nice, pool area beautiful and the hotel breakfast buffet is very good. Nothing bad to say.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family