“Love the Family Suites!!”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #136 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 6, 2008

You do not think you are staying at a value resort when you stay in the Family Suites. We loved the large space, 2 bathrooms, private bedroom, big tvs, kitchenette and it was so clean. The calypso pool is huge and clean. The food court was pretty good and had a nice variety when eating in a rush. Lots of parking. Did not use the bus service because we rented a car. If you don't want to break the bank but want privacy from your kids and a big suite instead of a small hotel room this is the best option for you.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank ForeverLovers97

Reviewed October 3, 2008

My husband, myself, our 2 three year old twin boys, and my parents (senior citizens) stayed in the family suite for a Christmas holiday vacation. The hotel was huge and it was difficult to find our room, but we managed. My parents both rented scooters and they actually fit into the room. Please be aware that the only Disney transportation is the bus and it takes much longer to load the scooters onto the bus.
Our request was honored. It was a first floor room. The front desk was always helpful. We were on the Dining Plan, which I highly recommend and were able to order pizza and have it delivered to our room.
The Jazz building is not quite as close as the Calypso building to the Food Court, but that did not pose too much of a problem.
The pool was nice. There are several areas, 3 pools, and a playground.
The maid service was decent and everything was of Disney quality.
The food was quite delicious.
My favorite park was Disney MGM Studios ( now called Hollywood Studios). The kids truly enjoyed the castle lights, the parades, and characters at The Magic Kingdom.
I can not say enough about Disney. It is expensive, but if you want to have a good experience, then you will have to pay for it.
The Value Resort was a good deal!
We are going to visit again in 2009 during the Easter Holiday.
See you real soon!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank bethyah
Reviewed October 1, 2008

My family myself daughter and husband and 2 grandchildren stayed at the music 14 nights from 6-09-08 to 20-o9-08 we had a family suite in jazz 9 we found the room comfy and nice bedroom and the 2 bathrooms were good rooms very clean also a good variety of food we ate there and sometimes in the parks. Found staff friendly and helpful the whole place was spotless dining area vey clean no mess for the amount of people going through it transportation was good although busy at certain times.Pools were good plenty for children if needed movie every night at pool if wanted overall excellent value all you needed as you were not in your room most of the time would certainly go there again. we are from England. I have been to florida many times although never stayed at a disney resort. L. Hayton

2  Thank keywest8
Reviewed September 29, 2008

My husband and I first went to Disney in 1995 and stayed in a hotel outside the Disney resort area. This time, we decided to try
the Jazz Inn at the All-Star Music Resort, and we were glad we did! The room was immaculate and there were plenty of towels, soaps and shampoos. The room was quiet and the beds were VERY comfortable! The staff was friendly and always greeted us with a smile. They were also willing to help us if we had any questions and, if they weren't sure of the answer, would find someone who would know. The food was delicious and it was nice to know that our resort served everything from pizza to sandwiches to dinners...even late at night! I'm not much of a swimmer, but my husband coaxed me into taking a dip in the Calypso pool. I couldn't get over how clean the pool was! Not even a bug in sight! They also had activities by the pool such as volleyball (with an 8' ball!), bingo, dancing and movies at night. I saw a lot of kids having a great time with their parents! I had such a ball that my husband had to coax me OUT of the pool!
We rented a car because we wanted to visit other attractions such as the Kennedy Space Center. However, when we wanted to "park hop", we found the bus transportation more than adequate. The most time we had to wait for a bus was 20 minutes.
Overall, for a "Value resort", this place was great! :)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DeeChristine
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We booked our vacation thru Disney's site, which included tickets, lodging, & flight. We chose All Star Music because of it's value, but would come back again in a heartbeat because of it's cleanliness, wonderful friendly staff, and attractiveness. We got a deal on Disney's site for $69/night and you couldn't find a place this nice outside of Disney grounds for that rate! And it includes busses that run every 20 minutes to each of the parks, all day long! The housekeeping people leave little towel animals in your room, the soaps & shampoos are great and ample! The whole place just shone! Way to go, Disney! We're IMPRESSED!!!!

1  Thank Toni7786
Reviewed September 23, 2008

We took our son (he is 7) and I think he loved the hotel more than the park! The giant decor was a favorite of his and we took loads of pictures. The hotel was VERY clean, staff VERY friendly AND helpful.
I read reviews about the pizza delivery and that was a great treat on one of our "lazy nights" when we stayed in and watched the Disney channel. The pool said it closed at 10pm but the kids were in the pool past midnight every night and 1st thing the next morning. We were lucky because we stayed way in the back (County Music section) and did not hear any of the noise at the pools so be weary about that when you are checking in. We had a longer walk to the food but the quiet at bedtime was well worth it.

They have loads of fun games for the kids to play as well as movies on big screen projectors at night. I was very impressed by what they had available there which included an arcade!

There is a keepsake plastic cup I read that everyone spoke highly of that has free refills on beverages but due to our meal plan, we didn't need it. This brings me to the meal plan which is TOTALLY worth it! The food is totally fine and they have lots of healthy selections for the kids. We would load up on healthy "snacks" in the morning before we left so we had things to snack on while waiting in line at the parks. This REALLY came in handy for a cranky & hot 7 year old!
You can even use your meal plan (which is a credit card of sorts that doubles as your room key!) card at the parks and buy water, ice cream, etc. AND the meal plan is transferable at most of the restaraunts in the park in case you decide to have dinner out. We used our meal plan to eat at Planet Hollywood, and Italian Restaurant at Epcot and a drive in theater at Hollywood Studios.

There are shuttle buses that take you to every park and bring you back to the hotel which is by far my favorite (besides the meal plan) service they offered. They really thought of everything at the Disney hotels. There is a gift shop located in the hotel so don't feel pressured to get your friends and family things at the parks.

We all had an amazing time at this hotel and at Disney. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank MixedGirlNYC
Reviewed September 23, 2008

After a warm welcome we got a room right in the first building next to the lobybuilding. It was neither very big nor extremely small, it was just right for a vacation in which you don't spend much time in the room anyway. The room was always very clean.
The hotel itself is very nice. You can park your car close to your room. The foodcourt is great for breakfast. Lunch and dinner were a bit to expensive for what you get. The location is great, especially if you have a car. You can reach all the Disney Parks in no time.
One huge advantage was also, that you get to park your car at all the Disney Parks for free (you save 10-12 $ at each park).
Also a great way to save money are the souvenier mugs, which you can buy at the food court. You pay about 13 $ and have free refill for yout entire stay!!!
I would recommend this hotel to everyone, who just needs a place to sleep and to hang out a bit, because he is out all the time, like we were. I would go back to this hotel all the time.
If you want to spend some more time in your hotel though, I would try Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, we have been there for their busniess center and it seemd very nice.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TacoBellLover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!