Service - THE BAD: Check in was a disaster even though I already checked in online. They had our rooms wrong, took almost an hour to check in my parents, took nearly a half hour to connect a credit card to a magic band, and the list goes on. Cafeteria food service was dreadfully slow.
THE GOOD: On the plus side, pizza delivery was fast and efficient. Bus service is incredible. We never waited more than a few minutes for a bus, and they got us where we needed quickly, safely, and efficiently. The attitude of each employee we encountered was pleasant. They are always smiling and welcoming, no matter what. Everyone is willing to help you. Overall, if you want amazing service, you shouldn't be staying here. This resort is about value, which it has plenty of.
Value - The value here is great, just for the Disney resort perks. The bus transportation, extra magic hours, and close proximity to the parks for about $100/night during low season is worth it even if the service leaves much to be desired.
Sleep Quality - The beds were comfortable, and aside from maintenance pressure washing the windows/walls outside our room one morning, sleep quality was good.
Cleanliness - The rooms were fairly clean, the pool area was clean, and the cafeteria was fairly clean considering the mobs of sloppy people that are in and out all day.
Location - Excellent location. Close proximity to all of Disney. Downtown Disney is a bit of a haul, but nothing more than 15 minutes.
Rooms - We upgraded to a Premium King room. The room is still small, but not bad due to location. The premium rooms will be located much closer to the main building. If you book a regular room, you may have quite a walk to get to the cafeteria, store, and bus stops. We had a walk-in shower because of problems with check-in, and there was a pipe leak that sprayed small amounts of water all over the bathroom. Aside from that mess, the room was not bad.
Room Service - We did order room service from the pizza place which also delivers a small list of other entrees. Everything was VERY good, especially the pizza. Please read below about other delivery options. Disney pizza is definitely your best option!
NOTES: 1) You may receive fliers from other 'pizza delivery' shops around Orlando. BEWARE of these for several reasons. They are not actual pizza places and may be scams. If they are not a scam, they are 'underground' pizza places that lure you with prices much cheaper than Disney's pizza. When you call to order you will get someone on a cell phone to take your order. (Don't give them your credit card information in case it is a scam; if you're going to risk these places, use CASH ONLY) If they are legit, they will make your pizza in a 'delivery only shop' (van, truck, garage etc.). Someone extremely shady looking will deliver your pizza. CHECK IT FIRST. The pizza will be cheaper than Disney pizza, but the quality will also show it. The pizzas we always received were very tiny and very sub par. After several times, we will always order Disney delivery because it is dependable and the pizzas are large and excellent.
2) The cafeteria is lower priced food options (lower priced compared to other places at disney), but it is a ZOO. You will wait long periods of time for food, and fight with a million people for a place to sit. However, the food quality wasn't bad.
3) Magic Bands are awesome. They will be your park ticket, room key, fast pass ticket, and a way to purchase anything via credit card at WDW and Downtown Disney. They are water proof as well. You can make changes to your fast pass options online or using the WDW app, and the changes will instantly update to your bands. We really enjoyed these. They are very efficient.
4) The pools are heated and clean. They have activities for children and Disney movie nights on a large screen by the pool where they have chairs set up and serve you pop corn.
5) The only place to eat is the cafeteria and the Pizza Delivery service. There is a bar by the pool with a service window into the cafeteria as well. The cocktails are made properly, not watered down, and around $9 each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the rhythm move you at this Resort hotel that pays homage to some of the world's most popular music genres, including country, jazz, rock 'n' roll, calypso and Broadway-style show tunes. Large-sized, music-inspired icons outside and subtle song-and dance surprises inside provide a harmonious setting for music lovers of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's All-Star Music Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All Star Music Hotel
- Disney Music Resort Star
- Disney Music Star
- Disney All Star Music Hotel
- Disney All Star Music Resort
- Disneys All Star Music Resort
- All Star Music Resort Orlando Fl