“Great Value for WDW”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #138 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Service - THE BAD: Check in was a disaster even though I already checked in online. They had our rooms wrong, took almost an hour to check in my parents, took nearly a half hour to connect a credit card to a magic band, and the list goes on. Cafeteria food service was dreadfully slow.
THE GOOD: On the plus side, pizza delivery was fast and efficient. Bus service is incredible. We never waited more than a few minutes for a bus, and they got us where we needed quickly, safely, and efficiently. The attitude of each employee we encountered was pleasant. They are always smiling and welcoming, no matter what. Everyone is willing to help you. Overall, if you want amazing service, you shouldn't be staying here. This resort is about value, which it has plenty of.

Value - The value here is great, just for the Disney resort perks. The bus transportation, extra magic hours, and close proximity to the parks for about $100/night during low season is worth it even if the service leaves much to be desired.

Sleep Quality - The beds were comfortable, and aside from maintenance pressure washing the windows/walls outside our room one morning, sleep quality was good.

Cleanliness - The rooms were fairly clean, the pool area was clean, and the cafeteria was fairly clean considering the mobs of sloppy people that are in and out all day.

Location - Excellent location. Close proximity to all of Disney. Downtown Disney is a bit of a haul, but nothing more than 15 minutes.

Rooms - We upgraded to a Premium King room. The room is still small, but not bad due to location. The premium rooms will be located much closer to the main building. If you book a regular room, you may have quite a walk to get to the cafeteria, store, and bus stops. We had a walk-in shower because of problems with check-in, and there was a pipe leak that sprayed small amounts of water all over the bathroom. Aside from that mess, the room was not bad.

Room Service - We did order room service from the pizza place which also delivers a small list of other entrees. Everything was VERY good, especially the pizza. Please read below about other delivery options. Disney pizza is definitely your best option!

NOTES: 1) You may receive fliers from other 'pizza delivery' shops around Orlando. BEWARE of these for several reasons. They are not actual pizza places and may be scams. If they are not a scam, they are 'underground' pizza places that lure you with prices much cheaper than Disney's pizza. When you call to order you will get someone on a cell phone to take your order. (Don't give them your credit card information in case it is a scam; if you're going to risk these places, use CASH ONLY) If they are legit, they will make your pizza in a 'delivery only shop' (van, truck, garage etc.). Someone extremely shady looking will deliver your pizza. CHECK IT FIRST. The pizza will be cheaper than Disney pizza, but the quality will also show it. The pizzas we always received were very tiny and very sub par. After several times, we will always order Disney delivery because it is dependable and the pizzas are large and excellent.

2) The cafeteria is lower priced food options (lower priced compared to other places at disney), but it is a ZOO. You will wait long periods of time for food, and fight with a million people for a place to sit. However, the food quality wasn't bad.

3) Magic Bands are awesome. They will be your park ticket, room key, fast pass ticket, and a way to purchase anything via credit card at WDW and Downtown Disney. They are water proof as well. You can make changes to your fast pass options online or using the WDW app, and the changes will instantly update to your bands. We really enjoyed these. They are very efficient.

4) The pools are heated and clean. They have activities for children and Disney movie nights on a large screen by the pool where they have chairs set up and serve you pop corn.

5) The only place to eat is the cafeteria and the Pizza Delivery service. There is a bar by the pool with a service window into the cafeteria as well. The cocktails are made properly, not watered down, and around $9 each.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank Eric D
Write a ReviewReviews (5,764)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is a nice resort. There were just 2 of us so the room was perfect size. We got a room in Jazz - which the very nice cast member upgraded us at no charge!! : )
The location of that building is great - close to the main pool and food court.
The Main pool is nice. The only thing I was not crazy about was the food court - the food was just okay - after having stayed at POP Century in November - I did find it a bit limited but it is a smaller food court. Location of the resort is good - I thought it would be far but its pretty easy to get to things. Unless you get every disney red light like I did!! We drive as we are local in Orlando.
I would stay here again - But I do like to try out other resorts as well ,but for the price I recommend it.

Room Tip: Jazz is a great location - quiet and close to everything
2  Thank Dbruni
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was our family's 5th Annual trip to Disney World, and our first stay at ASM. We were there during Pop Warner week. I recommend avoiding a Disney Value during this week. During the time that Pop Warner was not there, the hotel was pretty enjoyable. Pop Warner just makes it louder and if you are relying on Disney transportation, it makes the busses much fuller.

On one of our other Disney Vacations, we stayed at Pop Century, and were completely turned off. This experience at a value was much better. We would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank disneyflexfamily
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We have stayed at All Stars Music on two previous occasions, once in 2002 and once in 2003. So, it had been a while since we experienced this resort. Our kids were very young in those first two trips. Now they are teenagers. We were looking for an on site Disney hotel that would not break the bank. We are annual passholders and so we were able to get a discount that placed the rooms at All Stars resorts at about $150.00 per night. We arrived at the resort April 4, 2014. We pulled in to the parking lot and then I was reminded of one of the mysteries of the All Star-Budget level Disney hotel (at least I am assuming that all the budget level resorts do this). There is a car port covered area at the entrance to the resorts check in area. There are signs that indicate a parking area in the parking lot for check in guests BUT..there is this covered area right in front WITH a stand for bell services. When we had stayed at this resort the two previous times not one soul had ever offered to take our bags or ask if we needed any assistance with our luggage. Even at check in, the person checking us in never asked if we needed assistance with our bags or noted bell services to us. This time I decided, upon seeing at least four bell service employees out front, that I would pull right up front and inquire about assistance with luggage as I checked in. I was quickly stopped by a bell service employee and informed that I had to park in the check in area across the way (approximately 20 to 30 yards across a fairly busy area). This does not make sense to me and never has. There were two other people doing essentially the same thing as I was but they evidently did not listen the bell service employees and did as they wished. I dutifully moved my vehicle to the guest check in area and then walked to the front desk. Check in went quickly. We were advised that our room was not ready and opted to have the desk text our room number to us when it was ready. Note: Disney has gone to Magic Bands rather than room keys. Many of you may know what I am talking about here but essentially the room key or card has been replaced by a band...like a watch band, that you wear around your wrist. This band can electronically store your ticket media, room key, special reservations, and you can even add a charge card to charge things in the park on it. It is quite convenient when it works. It is new and so there have been bugs to work out. Part of this system allows you to link a resort vacation stay by reservation number to your Magic Bands using a new web site DIsney has called My Disney Experience. I attempted to link our reservations to our existing Magic Bands well before leaving home. I was given a message that the band already had a reservation on it. I knew that. In fact this band should have had two reservations on it. I assumed that this message was provided due to Disney linking the reservation for me. Afterall, they had all the information on both my reservations in April and in May. As I stated, check in went quickly and we were told that we would get a text on the room assignment. We went to the truck and got a few things that needed to remain cool out of the vehicle. We took these to bell services to have them store them for us while we went to the park. Again they never asked of we needed asisstance with bags or offered to help us with our luggage despite knowing full well that we had just checked in. At Port Orleans French Quarter, which is a moderate resort and where we usually stay, they have a covered area where you can pull up to unload. Bell services is right there and immediately comes up to take your bags or offer any assistance to you that is needed. I suppose that this is simply a major difference in resort levels but there are just as many if not more employees at the bell services desk at All Stars as there are at Port Orleans. I have never really understood the lack of service here or maybe I should say my lack of experiencing the service here.

We got in line to go to the Magic Kingdom and my wife said, "Now watch, we will get on the bus and half way to the park they will text us that our room is ready". It happened sooner than that. As we got into line the test message on my phone came over that we were in room 7444. Building 7 is the Broadway section of the resort and near the back. We did not care where we were located we just wanted a clean room. When we got the text we went back to the truck and then to the room. When we arrived at the room we were greeted by the housekeeper who was busy cleaning the room. We felt that this was a bit odd as the desk had said the room was ready. We asked if we could place our stuff in the room as she was cleaning and she advised that we could. We dropped our stuff off and went to the parks. There was an uneasy feeling that there may be a problem when we returned that night.

We returned to the room at about 11:00pm. My Magic Band would not open the door. Let me say that we have had "unlucky" experiences at All Stars Music with room keys malfunctioning before. I went up front to the desk to see about this and they went to work on the computer to resolve the issue. In short, the bands had not been linked to the reservation. I was told that I was the only one that could link my reservation and that had to be done on a computer on My Disney Experience. I explained that I had tried to do just that but encountered an error message telling me that a reservation was already linked to the band. This should not have been a problem as the bands can hold as many as 10 pending reservations. My reservation was showing and the system was advising that the band should open the door, but it was not working. They located magic bands for my family in a box in the back of the check in desk. These were not provided to me at check in but this is not the fault of the person checking me in, as she asked if we had bands. We showed her ours (we have had bands since June 2013--annual passes are on them as well as previous room assignments) and she knew we had what we needed or at least thought we did. We thought we did too. There are flaws in the system I can see and many of those will likely be worked out over time. Another thing they mentioned was that our reservation was made through a travel agent. They said that this may have caused a problem in the transfer of data to Disney's system. I was given the bands that would open our room door and we went on about our trip with no further problems.

The room was very clean. The room and bathroom are small by hotel standards. The beds are doubles not queens. There is one sink in the bathroom area rather than the two sink configuration at higher level resorts on Disney property.The housekeeper did a great job. The resort is nice and we hit it at a less than busy time. We had everything that we needed with exception of a coffee maker in the room. At the All Stars Resorts and any Disney resort, you have a food court for your use. All other resort levels on Disney property have in room coffee makers I think, but this room level evidently does not. This necessitates a walk to the food court for coffee in the morning. Depending on your room location that can be a long walk. This is why room selection can be an important thing to those folks who may not be able to walk long distances. The resort was clean and well maintained.

This resort is a location where many large groups of kids--school bands, church groups, choirs, school trips etc. are usually accomodated. For that reason it can be a busy and "lively" resort. It is great for young parents with young children. The budget resorts are a bit noisier and more open in feel than other levels of Disney resorts. We did not encounter bad behavior by any group and we never have.

We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again for a quick short notice trip. I will say that for longer stays where you will likely stay around the resort more time, I would go to the Moderate level resort on Disney property at least. If money is tight, this makes a good choice to get that on site Disney experience. It is affordable and there are almost always good deals to be found here when looking for discounts.

Room Tip: If you are a person who has trouble walking distances, a preferred room location will be a better ch...
5  Thank dawgfan35
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed April 4th and 5th. I was very pleasantly surprised. I read some not so flattering reviews before we got there, but boy were they wrong. Our check in experience was quick and pleasant. Every employee greeted us with the kind of smile and warm hello you expect from Disney. The magic bands worked perfectly, although it was not clearly explained at check in that we each had to unlock the door with them to activate them. The room was clean and very comfortable. We really liked the towel on the bed in the shape of Mickey. The buses were standing room only at some points, but these things are to be expected with free transportation. We all agree that my family has found it's Disney "home" for all future visits. Highly recommend to anyone trying to do Disney on a budget.

4  Thank Robert W
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed in the Country Fair section. It is in the very back of the hotel area-farthest from the main pool and food court. It was a long walk but worth it because it was quiet and not right in the middle of all the noise. There are lots of school groups that stay at this resort and teenagers are loud. So, staying in the back area was nice and quiet. The staff are very helpful. There are activities ALL day around the pool and the movie each night is also fun. They even have games inside the food court area when it is raining. If you plan on spending most of your time at the parks, then the size of the rooms (small) don't matter. All you do is sleep in your room. So, it would not be worth it to stay at a fancier place.

5  Thank Julie G
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have stayed at the Disney All Star Resorts many times. With the FL resident discount and the convenience of the In-Park transportation, it is well worth it. But, I was wondering why I did not get a good night's rest after the first night and why I was sneezing like crazy. Well, the A/C filter was disgustingly filthy. Yes, I took the panel off and checked. In all fairness, when I called housekeeping, they came right up with a new filter. Observation; they don't have "do not disturb" cards to hang on your door. They will knock on your door when they are ready to clean, even if it is your 11am check out day. I don't like that. In fact, it also happened the last time we stayed here. I will stay again at the "FL resident price" but along with sanitizing the remote, toilet and drawer handles, I will add "check the A/C filter" to my list.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank mattin54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
2 mi away
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!