“Great Value Resort!”

Ranked #136 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Yarmouth, Canada
“Great Value Resort!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at Disney's all star music resort ( 3 adults, 2 teenagers and 1 toddler) It doesn't have very many bells and whistles but if your looking for a comfortable and clean place to rest your head then this is it. The staff were all wonderful and very helpful. I am 3 months pregnant and after a day of walking around amusement parks my ankles were like grapefruits, my husband called the front desk to explain and ask for extra pillows so I could put my feet up and not only did they bring them right away but also two bags full of ice so I could ice them as well. I was very grateful and appreciated the extra mile they went to make me feel better. The pool area was very nice and the music and games for children were really fun. We stayed in a family suite which is two rooms, two bathroom and 3 pullouts in the living room. Everyone was very comfortable and the two bathrooms were a big help with two teenage girls needing to get ready in the mornings. I would recommend this resort to anyone doing Disney on a budget who still wants the full Disney experience! Have a Magical Day!

4 Thank AnneViola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was our second stay at he All Star Music without children. We knew a year ago some rooms need a face lift. But this time, our room was just dirty. There was tipped fabric, stuff on the carpets and the bathroom was not clean. We were so disappointed, we asked to change resorts. But they came back and instead offered to upgrade us to a preferred room with a king bed free of charge. We accepted. The preferred room had a facelift already. It was clean, comfortable and right in the front. We went to the front and thanked the manager personally for the resort doing something to make it right.

The resort is better for families. It's comfortable and clean, all the buildings are themed to different music types. The pools are clean and the activities are very geared towards kids. We do like the movies by the pool every night. You can go up to the bar, grab a cocktail and catch a Disney movie.

The staff is very nice and the food court is better than fast food. If you need to watch your diet, there are options for you. You just have to choose wisely. The bar doesn't make bad drinks either and it's kind of the little space for adults to hang out.

1 Thank Candace M
Florence, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Disney's All Star Music hotel from September 2 - 9, 2013. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I love music, so I loved how the different buildings were decorated with different genres of music - it was really neat. Check-in only took a few minutes, however, our original room was in the very back of the hotel facing the woods. My husband went back up to the front to ask if we could have a different one. The first person told us that they were booked at 100% capacity which we didn't believe for one minute. For one, the first week of September is the slowest week of the year, and secondly, you could look around the hotel and at the parking lots and see it wasn't full. My husband was able to speak to someone else who gladly changed our room for us to a closer room with a much better view. This time, we got the Broadway section which was very cute. Also we were very close to the parking lot. The staff here were very friendly and we love the convenience of staying on Disney property - free shuttle, free parking at all of the parks, the gift shop, food court, and arcade. Our room was cleaned nicely each time and we were always given enough towels and wash clothes. We also had neat "towel pets" in our room. The thing to keep in mind when booking a Disney hotel is that value resorts are meant to be fun with the decor, convenient, and a place to sleep, not a place that's really fancy or where you get spoiled. For us, this was just right because we spent most of our time at the parks and we don't need much in the way of extras at a hotel. I recommend this hotel if you'd love a place that's decorated with music icons and that has reasonable price tag.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Being an avid Disney fan and having stayed in several of their hotels, this is good value for money. The rooms were quite small but very clean and as always the staff friendly and helpful. We stayed in a twin room in the Country Fair block, which was away from the pool but a short walk to the main building. This is definitely one for families. All of the standard rooms are accessed via an external balcony and we did not suffer too much from noise. The only downside (and this is a minor point) it was a bit of a 'bun fight' after 7am in the Cafeteria ie it gets really busy. It is open from 6am with a good choice of hot/cold food with the remaining food stations opening at 7. We have never had an issue with getting problems resolved at a Disney hotel (the hair dryer wouldn't work this time) but this was fixed the same day. All in all, a good choice if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter location, ask for a room in the Country Fair or Broadway blocks.
1 Thank jivebunny99
Anderson,SC
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed here in the past, but this time when I stayed it exceeded my expectations and here's why. It has been renovated, woo hoo! I was pleasantly surprised to see that. When I arrived I had been upgraded to a family suite. Wow, what a wonderful room. It was perfect, 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs, a kitchen and room to sleep up to 6 people comfortably. It was a perfect weekend, and I intend to stay here again next year. It had been newly painted on the outside as well, it was in need of renovations and they have happened.

Room Tip: Get a preferred or a suite.
2 Thank Carolinasonggirl
Bay City Mi
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our check in here was flawless. Everybody was very nice, The room was clean but the carpets are really showing wear. I know disney can afford to upgrage the carpet. I special requested a room with a frig as we had medications that needed to be kept cool. Got there and found out all refrigerators were recalled and we did not have one. NOT GOOD. That said we had plenty of ice all the time. We had to keep my granddaughters meds on ice in a lined waste basket. The walk back to our room did get old after a long hot day. It is very spread out. Food in the food court (we ate there several times) was very good. No complaints there. I think if I went back I would try a different propery.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are to the back. If you are not into walking long distances after a long hot day pay...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Disclaimers: I don't like Disney (or Florida), I don't have small children, I have crazy food restrictions that make it difficult for me to eat many meals away from home, a relative arranged the trip as a family reunion that was affordable for all, and it rained most of every day I was there. (I know, it was raining at the Grand Floridian, too.) Disney All-Star Music Resort is a low-end economy hotel. Here are the positives: the room was clean and the beds comfortable; the property was well maintained; and the staff was very nice. Negatives: the room was tiny and dimly lit; the towels were thinner than what I relegate to the rag pile at home; the "dining" was grim, institutional, and a madhouse; and it happened to be lovebug season so you couldn't relax by the pool when they were swarming. Of those negatives, the worst for me was the food. There is no "restaurant." It is a giant cafeteria with three poorly marked sections...I guess one line was for the grill, another for the steam table, and I don't know what the other was for. Once you got your hot food, you had to wait to check out, and by then your food was cold. There weren't a lot of choices, either...fruit offerings were especially pathetic. The experience was kind of like bellying up to a trough.There was no other option, no restaurant with waitress service. And what is the big deal with those refillable mugs? Who wants to be carrying those things around the parks? I chucked my cup once the lovebugs got to it by the pool. The resort is also quite a hike from any of the attractions, so brace yourself for long bus rides. If you are taking kids to Disney on a budget for just a couple of days, maybe you'd be happy here.

1 Thank mrsparker3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!