“Good room, but too much congestion for us”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #137 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We recently stayed here on a trip to Disney World. We have stayed here in the past and this experience was similar to previous ones. This particular has a lot of rooms and a central food court. This leads to a lot of congestion at the food court during the breakfast and evening hours. We always seem to be stuck at the building that is furthest from the Bus pick up and food court which is somewhat frustrating. The majority of the resort was also occupied by foreigners which made communication with them difficult if you need to speak with them. The room itself was very, very clean and quiet and we have no complaints about that portion of our say at the resort. The price is also about right for what you get. We would recommend staying here if you are on a tighter budget, but you may have to walk 10 minutes to get to your room and have to deal with a lot of people. The pools were also nice with plenty chairs and room to swim without bumping into others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is close to the hotel check in/bus stop.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 22, 2013

A lot of effort was put into making the resort fun and exciting for the kids. It was colourful and full of life. The staff were friendly and the resort clean. The room was good enough to lay your head after a long day. The bathroom was tiny, and the room just big enough for two people. There was no issue with any noise disturbance during the night. The food court was extremely busy, particulary in the morning. There weren't enough cashiers to serve customers and the queues for people waiting to order their food were long. The food was expensive and not worth the price. The pool was also very busy, but much needed after a hot long day at the theme parks. The outside bar was a welcome relief despite it being small. But the resort is more catered for families, so it is understandable. The buses to take you to the different theme parks too a bit of time to load people, but still efficient. Despite my comments, the resort is still fun and a nice change.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Have been coming to All Stars resort on and off for almost 19 years since it first opened. We loved it then, perhaps we have just 'grown out' of it now.
Check in quick and easy, our rom was at the back of the resort (don't know how anyone can complain that it's a long way from the main area - it isn't!) We were able to park relatively close to our room - we prefer to be away from the main pool area etc as its much quieter.
Room was large enough and clean, A/C not up to much though - didn't seem to get cool enough for us.
We were pleased to find a fridge in the room but sadly there was a sign on saying do not use - apparently they all have this sign on! Went to ice machine instead but it was broken for the entire 5 days we were there, had to go up a floor to get a machine that worked - not a big issue but at a Disney resort you expect everything to be working.
It was the usual chaos in the food court - the court at all star sports is currently closed so they are bussing people into the one at Music - double chaos! Food choice not as good as it used to be and pricey for fast food (not really fast when you queue to order then queue to pay) Outside bar is small and extortionate!
My main issue is with the lack of pool towels, we like to spend mornings by the pool but they do not provide pool towels, you have to take your room towels (not nice when you used them to shower the night before) You can request more but it takes ages and they don't always bother to bring them - even the basic motels have pool towels, would expect more from Disney! We also found the restrooms around the Piano pool were filthy most of the time, also there were dead bugs on the deck area which stayed there for days.
Overall this will probably be our last visit except if we have our 2 year old grandson with us - he would have loved this sort - not for us anymore though

Room Tip: Away from the main pool is quieter in the evenings
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karensolihull
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This is just a budget place to lay your head and nothing else. There were buggers on the bathroom wall and a water bug that I will upload that came up thru the bath tub drain hole. The restaurant was super crowded like the parks and there isn't enough cashiers to facilitate. All the different cuisine lines are "fend for yourself," meaning all lines are not easily identifiable and it cause mass hate and discontent with families criss crossing each other. A recommendation would be to set up lines with strings and stands otherwise its a roller derby no matter the day. I can only imagine Summer months I know that has to be total chaos if that's possible.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from a week's stay at the All Star Music Resort. We were lucky enough to acquire the free dining plan. The resort like all Disney resorts was well kept, clean, and friendly looking. There were 4 in our party. Myself, my husband, our 12 year old son and 10 year old daughter. The room served its purpose which was to provide a place to rest our weary heads when we'd had enough of the parks and pools. We enjoyed the free dining however, I think next time we'll opt to upgrade to the dining plan that includes a sit down meal. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of options but after 3 days all of the quick service food/locations started to taste the same. We've been home for 2 days now and the thought of the food still makes me feel nauseous. We loved the daily games the pool staff assembled for the kids and out children partook in these games just about every day/night. Our room was THEE very last room at the end of the Country Fair section which is the very last section of this resort and seemed like it was close to a mile walk each way. After a long day at the parks we did not look forward to this walk so I would suggest paying the additional for a preferred room. Also we received the refillable mugs but Disney has been trying out this Rapid Refill program which is horrendous because there were times the sensor couldn't read the chip in your mug and it took longer than it should have just to get a drink. Now we didn't have to pay for the rapid refill as we booked our trip before this program came out but I think this is a huge ripoff. If I understood correctly those that purchased the mugs are not only paying $15+ for the mug but also have to pay additional per day for the rapid refill option. I believe it was $8 for one day and an additional $3 for each additional day and $18 for the entire length of your stay. So you are paying over $30 depending on the length of your stay for this option which I believe is a huge rip off. With as much as people are paying for the whole Disney experience I would like to think this should be free with your package. Also, as some of the rooms are so far from the soda fountains (there's only 1 station in the main hall) I think Disney should add additional Soda Fountains closer to the farther rooms. My family loves Disney and we have been lucky enough to be able to take our children often enough but it seems to be getting more and more exhausting and expensive to go there. Another suggestion I would have is to add another Food Court. It gets extremely congested in the food court for the majority of the day and evening. It's difficult to find seating. Twice we had to bring our food back to our room which was not easy being so far from the main hall. I'm not usually one to forge many complaints but we have stayed at the other All Star Resorts a few times and it didn't seem as hassled. Would I go back to this resort? Absolutely. I think we'll think it through and be a little smarter about things next time. Definitely would get the preferred room with an upgraded meal plan for better/more options. I think Disney should focus a little more on their guests comfort and a little less on silly high cost frills. Such as Rapid Refill and the billion dollar venture of the wrist bands. The wrist bands weren't really any different that the room key.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jodies420
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We recently became Disney World Season Passholders. My parents have a time share and we have stayed at the higher end resorts (which are very nice, as well), but to get the most use out of our passes, we cannot stay at those hotels each time. I started searching for nearby hotels off property but decided to look into some of the other Disney properties - turns out - seasonally - they are CHEAPER. A great thing about the All Star resorts is that everything is bus transportation. Of course we loved staying at a monorail hotel - but the monorail only goes to two places. You almost have to learn what mode takes you where in other hotels. Very simple here. The grounds are also gorgeous, the staff are wonderful, and the pool is fun! The food court does not provide the most wonderful cuisine, but it is adequate. The pillows were a little uncomfortable (they actually received new ones the day we were leaving - so this may be resolved). It was a little loud at night a couple times - but we had a room next to the pool. Not a big deal - at least I wasn't worried about my 2-yr old tantrumming :) And it was all in good fun, so it was ok. The best thing is - you can stay here for the same price as off-property hotels - and get all of the Disney perks. We had an issue with a non-Disney owned company and Disney was able to intervene ASAP because we stayed at a Disney property. I plan on staying here in the future

Room Tip: Rooms next to pool are noisy at night
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dls9701
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here in 2003 and I recently stayed here August 2013 for 3 nights while I helped my daughter move in to Disney apartments as part of their college program. The rooms are very small, but good for two. Double beds would make a tight squeeze for sharing. It is well kept, didn't show its age, clean and odor free (in America's basement, Florida, things tend to always smell musty.) the bathrooms were nicely tiled and free of mold. Lets be honest, this is the Motel 6 of Disney properties. But if you want the full Disney experience on a budget this is a good place to do it. Every room does have a mini fridge as advertised BUT it was not plugged in and there was a sign on it from Disney stating not to plug it in due to issues they were having, and from the sound of it the issue is property wide. They are still advertising a fridge in the room...it's there but unusable. This may be a big deal for someone. These could be fixed at anytime, I'd call before booking if it is important to you. I didn't use Disney park transport because i was just in Orlando to help my daughter move and we just did one day at Magic Kingdom and drove, there is plenty of free and convenient to your room parking at this resort. The food court was always crazy busy! We bought a whole pepperoni pizza (6/10) that they made fresh and boxed up so we could eat in our room ( again the food court is crazy busy and LOUD). I used the Magical Express when I left to get to the airport. The bus stopped at one other resort after here to load guests and at the airport stopped at one other terminal before mine. Even though I took the 10:30 shuttle for my 1:20 flight I had only an hour to navigate the poorly constructed security lines at this airport (they could take a lesson from Walt on this one!) allow yourself time, but it was an enjoyable ride. I would stay here again if I was here to close out the parks everyday and simply wanted a bed. I'm returning in October for a quick weekend visit with my daughter and am staying at All Star Movies to compare, but the fact that I'd book another Value resort should give you peace of mind as to its acceptability. In December we are going for 12 days and will have 5 in our party (2 adults, my 2 adult children ages 21 and 19, and teenage son 15.) For that I opted not to look at the family suites here because we wanted a bit more luxury and space and a kitchen, we are booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge villas. This resort is great for people with a limited Disney budget but still want the Disney experience and perks. I would stay again for quick trips, 3 days max, where its about the parks and not the resort. For longer stays where you will be at the resort more, I'd think about it...but again, Disney on a budget I'd stay here every time, I'd rather be here at a value resort then off property at a Hilton. When I come to Disney, I want to be submersed in Disney all the time!

Room Tip: For a quieter stay, ask to be away from pool and lobby. The resort is small, it will be less then 5...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TiffHerb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!