“Good experience at All Star Music Resort.”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #135 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Seekonk, Massachusetts
“Good experience at All Star Music Resort.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here on our last disney vacation for four nights. We were on a budget so this hotel worked for us. I was very pleased with the resort... the staff was nice, the hotel room was clean and the food was good. We were in a standard room in the broadway section. If you want a room that is closer to the pools, book a preferred room. We were kind of far from the main building/busses but we didn't mind too much. We had a chance to use the pool which was fun. It is true that you get what you pay for and of course staying at this hotel would not give you the same experience as staying at the grand floridian but we didn't have any problems. The hotel was safe, clean and we had a good time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank ritamb885

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (801)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was my second time staying at Disney's All-Star Music Resort and as much as my kids liked it, I'm not staying there again. When we arrived at the hotel, our room smelled like smoke (we're non-smokers) so we called the front desk to have us switch rooms. It took Disney 4 hours for the switch and they didn't even give us anything for the wait. The beds are not comfortable at all; the room is just too small and there are not enough amenities (Nick Hotel is much better). The only good thing that they had was the shuttle to the parks; they were very convenient and ran every 15 minutes on the hour.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Alialyg
Miami
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I just love this Hotel. Basically all the Hotels from the All Star line are amazing!

I love the cleanliness, the service is excelent, staff is always smiling and willing to help.

I think the price is just right for wat you get. Althoug some seasons are specially expensive. Visit Disney Orlando in September. Rates are incredible! and the parks have low attendance.

Excelent Hotel! I recommend it to families and couples.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Monica D
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed at movies some 11 years ago and decided to return to Disney to see if it was as enjoyable with two girls in tow.

We opted for Music just because it was some £400 cheaper than movies or sports for some reason.
I asked for a quite room with good access to the main reception and was given room 2444 in the Jazz building.
This was ground floor corner room at the back of the building, away from the constant noise of the pool. It also backs onto the car park which is good if you have a hire car and also it's quite!
It took about 3 minutes to walk from the room to the main reception which houses the food court and bus stops.

The room has 2 double beds, a bath with shower over and separate sink in a vanity area with storage.
A 32" LG tv is in a large open cupboard and there is a small table and chairs. The room is accessed via your Disney pass (door key, park entry and Disney dining all on one card!).
There is also a deadlock and slide bolt for added security.
Rooms were cleaned each day with the odd towel creation by the cleaner, just leave dirty towels in the bath for fresh ones.

The food court is ok. Breakfast can be quick dining ( Mickey waffles,bacon,juice) or snacks of orange juice and a bakery item (not small either).

Bus stops are straight outside and have the name of each park by them so idiot proof.
Prepared to stand on some trips to Magic Kingdom as this is the top park.

These are no different to our bus service ie wait 20 minutes then 2 come at once!
Some drivers are painfully slow but on average trips took no more than 20 minutes each way.

As in the title you get what you pay for, this was fine for us clean tidy as usual. Why pay £100's if not £1000's of pounds more for a better hotel when all you do is sleep in it, it really isn't worth it.

This is a good hotel and will fulfil all your needs.

The only down sides are squealing kids and the odd college groups, we were all kids once so live with it. I would suggest to request this room as it was nice and quite and away from it all, yet close to everything.

We would return here.

Room Tip: Room 2444 for a quite room, 3 minute walk to the reception/food court, close to car park if you have...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank MrsDisney2013
Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a nice time at the All Star Disney Resort despite a few incidents. I stayed from 8/22-8/26/13. The rooms were comfortable. However, the house keeping failed to clean the room properly because there was food left in the refrigerator from the previous quest. And there was a kids toy left near the bed on the floor.

I have stayed at All Star Properties a couple of times in the past and had never experienced the poor quality service that I experienced this time. One of the housekeepers displayed a major attitude with me when I stated that we were still in the room and would be leaving in about 1 hour or so. Her response to me was that she wanted to just hand me some towels and not clean the room because she was going to another floor to start cleaning and did not want to come back. I then received a phone call in the room from another lady in the house keeping department and she advised that the house keeping lady that just left stated that I said that I would call housekeeping when I needed the service. (she was just calling to confirm information) I never discussed anything like with the lady. I told her that I would be leaving in about 1 hours. The housekeeper lied on me. But the worst customer service that I experienced while at the resort came from the food worker in the eatery area, her name was Regina. Regina was standing near the soda machine closest to the door leading outside, whipping down the area. (grant it it was 20 before the area was scheduled to close). I very respectfully went to Regina and asked her was it ok for me to get some soda from the machine and she just went off on me.... In a very nasty, aggressive tone, she proceeded to tell me that that side of the soda machine was closed and I needed to go on the other side to get what I needed . (she went on and on ranting about me going to the other side) . I so kindly stated to her that I just merely asked a question and expressed to her that she did not have to respond to me in the manner that she did.

Besides the poor customer service that I experienced at the resort, I had a nice time. I had never experienced such poor customer service at a Disney resort and I have stayed at Disney all star resorts 2 other times prior to this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel booked hundreds of teenagers that seemed to be unsupervised. Kept you up all night running and screaming. Now the good. Hotel rooms are clean and a good value. Complained about noise and was upgraded and moved to another Disney property at no charge.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the main building as they book the teenage groups in the back.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Hampshire
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I think All Star Music is the best value resort to stay at with kids if your kids like a lot of activity. They play popular music out by the pool all day long and periodically cast members will do a little dance performance and have guests join in. My son totally loved that part of it. Rooms aren't fancy but they're clean and cheerfully themed. Ways to save money -- my husband and I realized we could share the largest breakfast platter and there was plenty of food for the both of us. If you enjoy a glass of wine by the pool, pack your own. Those little plastic bottles of Sutter Home that cost $7.50 each (probably more now) at the hotel are a fraction of that at your local supermarket. If you're considering a budget hotel off Disney property, take into account the cost of transportation to and from the airport (complimentary for Disney guests via Disney's Magical Express), renting a car, parking (Disney offers free shuttle transportation to its theme parks from its resorts). That usually tips the scales in Disney's favor in terms of value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mommyonthego66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!