The All-Star Music Resort is one of the least expensive Disney Hotels, and is great value for money. The rooms are comfortable, with facilities which include bath/shower, large flat screen TV, fridge, wall safe, free wi-fi, iron and ironing board, etc.
The resort has two large themed pools, which were never very busy when we were there during the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January. There are children’s activities every day by the main pool, and showings of Disney movies on a large screen at night.
The large food court in the main “Melody Hall” building offers a wide range of fast, tasty and affordable meal options, and we ate there many times (more often than we usually eat in the restaurants of the higher end Disney hotels when we stay there). The refillable souvenir drinks cups are great value too if you’re staying for more than a few days – buy one at the start of the holiday and then fill it from the food court drinks fountain as often as you like for the whole stay.
As others have mentioned it is a BIG resort, but then so are most of the others on Disney property. If you’re not keen on walking try to get in the Calypso which is nearest the main hall. Next nearest is Jazz Inn, followed by the Rock Inn and Broadway Hotel. The furthest away is Country Fair, but this is also the quietest – so if you’re a light sleeper (or need to go to bed early because you’re getting up at 3am next morning ready for a Disney Marathon) and don’t mind a 5 minute walk to the main hall, this is ideal.
The two other All-Star Resorts (Movies and Sports) are just a short walk away – in fact if you’re staying in Country Fair, then all three main halls and food courts are about the same distance away.
Initially, we were a little concerned about the free Disney Magical Express service from the Airport because our holiday information had told us that our luggage would be taken to the resort separately and that we might not get it until several hours after checking in. After travelling for over 10 hours from our home in the UK we would have preferred our luggage with us so we could unpack, get changed and relax straight away. However as it turned out we had nothing to worry about – not only did our luggage come with us on the same coach, but the trip only took about 40 minutes, which was less time than we’d expected.
All in all we were very happy with the All-Star Music Resort and will almost certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the rhythm move you at this Resort hotel that pays homage to some of the world's most popular music genres, including country, jazz, rock 'n' roll, calypso and Broadway-style show tunes. Large-sized, music-inspired icons outside and subtle song-and dance surprises inside provide a harmonious setting for music lovers of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's All-Star Music Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All Star Music Hotel
- Disney Music Resort Star
- Disney Music Star
- Disney All Star Music Hotel
- Disney All Star Music Resort
- Disneys All Star Music Resort
- All Star Music Resort Orlando Fl